I was regifted today!!

I wonder if you were re-gited with a re-gift..

I wonder if the hubby got it from someone, use it once, then gave it to his wife to use, Then she gave it to you?

:lmao:

You are so right. Some of the parents would be mortified at some of the things I have heard. :eek:

Totally ot but.....when DD was in daycare they did show 'n tell once a week. It stopped after Vinnie brought in a beer koozie and said it was what Daddy used to hide his beer when he was driving. :scared1:

Vinnies dad got a BIG talking to!!

Several years ago my MIL gave me some cheap silverplated coasters still in the plastic packaging that said "Yours free with your subscription to Reader's Digest". I would have rather than the Starbucks card. :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL! That is too funny!

For our wedding, we received a small crystal picture frame. In the box was a card that said "Happy Secretary's Day." DH wanted to send that card back with the Thank You note but I felt that was cruel!

I regifted some candles this year. We had a special guest come in to our GS troop to help with a project. All of the leaders hadn't thought about what we'd do to show our appreciation. I went home and rewrapped the candles to save face for our troop.

My DSis and DBIL got a silver ice bucket with $25 in quarters from my aunt and uncle who had their 25th anniversary party the week before they were married. We told them to check to make sure that my aunt and uncle's initials weren't on the ice bucket. We've often times wondered over the years if they even knew that the quarters were in it.

I gave my MIL a pie plate one time as a thankyou for watching my children. I went over to her house a couple of years later and it was sitting out with wrappping paper. I asked about it and she said, "Oh, so-n-so is moving and I thought I would get her a house-warming gift" :rotfl: She tried to pull it off that she had bought it, forgetting that I was the one who gave it to her!!!:rotfl2:

He he he. I got a super obvious re-gift for a wedding present. It was originally a heinously ugly picture given to my cousin Annie for her bridal shower. I mean this frame was so viciously tacky that after the party we sat around and laughed about it for a good 30 minutes. It was THAT ugly. We had a very good laugh over this horrid frame and she put it aside.

One year later at my wedding what should I get from Annie as my wedding gift? One viciously ugly palm tree/ surfer/ turtle picture frame..... :lmao:

My husband and I have a running joke with a can of Mackeral (Looooong story). We are constantly hiding the can of mackeral and giving it to each other. We loving refer to these as 'mac attacks'. It has been given many times.... but never as a christmas gift. Right now it is sitting under the christmas tree, lovingly wrapped in a box and *waiting* for hubby to open on christmas morning. :rotfl: I just can't wait. We have had this Mackeral for at least 4 years and have regifted it to each other at least a hundred times...:rotfl2:

He he he. I got a super obvious re-gift for a wedding present. It was originally a heinously ugly picture given to my cousin Annie for her bridal shower. I mean this frame was so viciously tacky that after the party we sat around and laughed about it for a good 30 minutes. It was THAT ugly. We had a very good laugh over this horrid frame and she put it aside.

One year later at my wedding what should I get from Annie as my wedding gift? One viciously ugly palm tree/ surfer/ turtle picture frame..... :lmao:

My husband and I have a running joke with a can of Mackeral (Looooong story). We are constantly hiding the can of mackeral and giving it to each other. We loving refer to these as 'mac attacks'. It has been given many times.... but never as a christmas gift. Right now it is sitting under the christmas tree, lovingly wrapped in a box and *waiting* for hubby to open on christmas morning. :rotfl: I just can't wait. We have had this Mackeral for at least 4 years and have regifted it to each other at least a hundred times...:rotfl2:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: ok now that is so funny I am still laughing - kinda different but along the same lines - my hubby got this crockadile head and thought is was great deco :confused3 we got into a fight and I threw it way he dug it out and put back on the self i threw it away again - we did this till it ended up on top of our bride and groom from our wedding cake like it was eating them :lmao: :rotfl2:

In the first year that DH and I were married, we went to a Christmas party with a naughty santa gift exchange. I bought two gift cards to the bookstore. I got (in return) an opened catheter bag and a tube of KY jelly.

I don't remember ever feeling so awful about a Santa gift.

In the first year that DH and I were married, we went to a Christmas party with a naughty santa gift exchange. I bought two gift cards to the bookstore. I got (in return) an opened catheter bag and a tube of KY jelly.

That just not right.

Four or five years ago we gave my bil and sil a smaller version of the George Foreman because we loved ours. Well durring the summer we went to help them with a yard sale and we saw it among tons of stuff in their garage and my sil said "oh someone gave us that, do you want it?" I about peed my pants laughing. Luckily we can say hey we gave you that and laugh it off while we price it for a buck.

last year at the PTA Christmas party at my house we do a white elephant gift and a gift for $15.00 limit...well I picked the White Elephant gift and it turned out to be the same one I gave the year before :lmao:

.....for those of you that dont know what a White Elephant gift is it is a gift that you give that can be a gift you just dont want or never use.

I gave a Susan Sommers Thigh master that I had still in the box from 5 years earlier. That year that i gave it as the gift the woman were fighting over it....the person that took it that year never used it so what better than to bring it back....

They fought over it again.....no longer at that school so wonder if it has returned again....seems to be the gift that never stops giving:rotfl2:

Today I opened gifts from my 1st grade students. :teacher:

I opened Jimmy's & Jonny's (they're a set of twins in my room) & thanked them for the Starbuck's gift card, which, btw, does not have a dollar amount listed anywhere.

Jimmy: "That was a birthday gift to my mom that she didn't want. She didn't know what to get you, so she gave it to you".

Me: "Well that was very nice of her. Who gave it to her?"

Jimmy: "My dad".

I just now looked up online the amount on the card. When you type in the card number, the amount comes up & any transactions, if there have been any. Well.....

It said:
Dec. 10 - card activated $25.00
Dec. 11 - $7.16 used

New balance $17.84

I was regifted with a USED GIFT CARD :rotfl2:

Now before anyone starts flaming me, saying that a teacher is complaining about receiving a gift card, please know that I love my gift card....so much better than any candles, lotions, or picture frames. I've just never been given a used one before! :lmao:

Anyone else regifted yet this year?

Out of the mouths of babes!!!! :lmao:

That's funny!! I re-gift but not for christmas or birthdays or anything. Just a- I got this but didn't need it. I thought you might like it sort of thing. No one minds re-gifted things for no reason!!

[QUOTE="Got Disney";29299142]
They fought over it again.....no longer at that school so wonder if it has returned again....seems to be the gift that never stops giving:rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

I would bet money that it did return again!! Too funny!:rotfl2:

I was regifted at work last year. We had a secret santa and my secret santa put a gift on my desk. I opened it up and it was a snowman decoration and on the bottom it said "To Johnnye, From Mary 1998" Yup, Johnnye was my secret santa.

These are all good, but this one is a bit disturbing. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter