I was able to add Genie+ to Dec reservation online - no calling!

spot28

Mouseketeer
I had a hotel and ticket reservation for decemeber. It thought I would have to call reservations but was able to add on Genie + on the disney website. Go into My Plans and click change reservation. Scroll down to the portion with tickets I had 3 1-dy tickets and it gave me various options to add water parks, hoppers, and/or genie+. I selected with Genie+ and completed process to change from 3-1 day park passes to 3-1 day park passes with Genie+. It was very easy. My park reservations remained intact.

Did you have to add Genie+ to all three tickets? For my family, we only see value in Genie+ for MK days and we have been wondering if you could ala carte Genie+ for specific days ahead of time. Otherwise we will just have to get up even earlier day of...

Did you have to add Genie+ to all three tickets? For my family, we only see value in Genie+ for MK days and we have been wondering if you could ala carte Genie+ for specific days ahead of time. Otherwise we will just have to get up even earlier day of...
Hmm... not sure I just did all 3 days.l I think I was just overwhelmed with the fact I was able to do it w/o having to call LOL The Disney panic set in.

I added it as well (looked like it was only doable for length of stay, I have a ticket with parkhopper for my Nov trip), but I didn’t mess around with it much. Good luck today, Genie pigs! We appreciate you!

I just tried it. Looks to be all-or-nothing.

I believe there was info buried in all the previous releases that if you wanted to add it to your stay ahead of time, you need to add it for the full stay with a resort reservation. Not sure if you need a package with tickets, they must match it up to tickets. Otherwise you need to add the day you wish to purchase. I'm not sure why they are doing it that way. from what I have seen if you want to use Genie Plus, especially at Studios, you do need to have it ready to go at 7 am so that means you have to be prepared to purchase it before that. Looks like it could be different outside Studios except for major holiday times.

Last edited:

I have an AP and my daughter has a 5 day hopper. We are staying at POR.
It would not give me the option to add it ahead of time at all for either of us.

I have an AP and my daughter has a 5 day hopper. We are staying at POR.
It would not give me the option to add it ahead of time at all for either of us.
Same here. My husband and I have AP and the rest of the family has park hoppers. When I call (407) 939-4357 (to add someone to my list of friends and family who is not showing up), I don't get option to hold. Recording just says all lines are busy, call back later. UGH. We leave Sunday. I hope this gets straightened out before then.

Yes, no option for me either. We are at the Swan, with old 10 day non expiration tickets with a few days left. Looks like I’d have to call to add… or maybe I can do day of? I will wait and see how this works for others. Our trip is in December.

Thank you so much for posting this! Just added Genie+ for my trip in May! I also found I could add a day to our ticket which I didn't think I could do until our trip got closer? All around good to know thanks again!!

Our trip is from Dec 23 - Jan 1, and I don't see a place to add Genie+ on either the website or the app. Odd....

Just had a "Chat" online - I have an AP and my son has a 6 day tickets. We are staying together room only in November. I am able to purchase my son's Genie+ online but for the AP will have to do each day on day of - confirmed it is available at midnight. What a pain!
Our hoppers are military tix. Those and our APs need to be activated. Wondering if this is why we don't have the option to add Genie+ yet. If so, that's a pain, since we arrive so late on first day.

Just had a "Chat" online - I have an AP and my son has a 6 day tickets. We are staying together room only in November. I am able to purchase my son's Genie+ online but for the AP will have to do each day on day of - confirmed it is available at midnight. What a pain!
I am in the same boat. Insomnia here we come.

Silly question - my package is not due to be paid in full for another month. If I add Genie plus now do I pay now or when I pay the whole thing off?

I had a hotel and ticket reservation for decemeber. It thought I would have to call reservations but was able to add on Genie + on the disney website. Go into My Plans and click change reservation. Scroll down to the portion with tickets I had 3 1-dy tickets and it gave me various options to add water parks, hoppers, and/or genie+. I selected with Genie+ and completed process to change from 3-1 day park passes to 3-1 day park passes with Genie+. It was very easy. My park reservations remained intact.

I had to do the same and it worked great. Great share and valuable for those having issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter