I was a Skipper at Jungle Cruise!!!!

Disnsyncey

Disney Princess
This was DEFINITELY the COOLEST thing ever to happen to me at DisneyWorld!!!!

Jungle Cruise is my FAVORITE ride in MK, and I know all the jokes and tonight I made my friends go on it twice (I made my friend take a picture of the backside of water). After the second time, we got to talking to a CM and I was like "I think I know ithe speech better than some of the skippers" and the guy was like "for real? you wanna do it?" and I was like "for serious?" and he took me to the boat. I got to talk into the mic for the WHOLE thing up until Chief Nami. I missed a couple of jokes (smiley and ginger, point in the end, shirley temple, dry humor) and I added some of the rare ones (inspires people to go......, elephants are african cuz we're in africa, hippos in trees, don't be a zebra, lost the key to the bathroom, harry potter, macarena) but he said I did good :) It was sooo much fun!

I just want to apologize to ANYBODY that was on that cruise for the badness of your time :)

Later!
Kat

:bounce:

You mentioned that you forgot some (smiley and ginger, point in the end, Shirley Temple, dry humor). I didn’t think they did the Shirley Temple bit anymore. I haven’t heard it for years!!

If you don’t mind my asking, how old are you? Roughly is not exactly. The reason I’m asking is because my daughters (and their cousins) are all in LOVE with the jungle cruise. They are almost groupie-like when it comes to that ride. And once one of the skippers, very late at night, let my daughter do the spiel too. She was THRILLED!!!

Anyway, it got me to thinking, why. What is the allure? Interaction between Cast Members and guests? The campiness of the ride? The group experience? Or does it all boil down to cute guys!?!?! Although they liked some of the female skippers as well! And their second favorite is the Haunted Mansion. Again, they like to try to get the hosts to break character and interact with them.

So, my thoughts led to teenagers and WDW. I think that the powers that be think that thrill rides are the answer to the teenage set. And to a certain degree that might be true. But I can’t help thinking that a couple more interactive type rides might just be the answer in the long run.

Just a thought.

Woo Hoo! Somebody replied to me :)

I'm 19, about to turn 20 in May.

That's kinda funny that you asked what the appeal was, cuz I seriously don't know. I do think that the employee/guest interaction is key, because when they tell us to lean in so we don't hit Schwietzer Falls, we do,.......cuz its fun. Space Mountain is fun and all, but we juet sit there......nothing interesting/different happens each time. I am sort of groupie-like when it comes to that ride too. Riding it 2x is a LOW for me. I usually ride it about 4 times (but I have been getting less and less good skippers). There are some cute guys there, but one time, we went on the ride 4 times and we had 2 guy and 2 girl skippers, and one of the girls was the best one I had heard in a while, while the guys were terrible. So its not the guys that gets me there. I'll think about it and get back to you ;)
Later!
Kat

:bounce:

oh, and about Shirley Temple, I had only heard it once, but it was good, so I remembered it:) I think he had the boat going pretty fast the whole time, cuz sometimes I had nothing to talk about, and other times, I couldn't say it all....I had to get him to stop the boat before the temple, and I STILL didn't get it all in :(

I really love the smells of the Jungle Cruise. The water, the diesel smell from the motor, the mist, the flowers and plants...even the mustiness of the ride. Really is one of my favorite rides!

Roy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter