I want to live in DL...

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
haven't a lot of us thought that as kids? Looks like you can do it now at WDW--if you have a lot of $$$$, that is! http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/real-estate/golden-oak-why-disneys-latest-real-estate-gamble-isnt-goofy/19528445/?icid=main|main|dl5|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyfinance.com%2Fstory%2Freal-estate%2Fgolden-oak-why-disneys-latest-real-estate-gamble-isnt-goofy%2F19528445%2F

It sounds like if you live in one of those houses, you get full access to the parks. You live onsite. Talk about a premium AP!

Not exactly something they can do at DLR, but it's a nice fantasy!

For only several million dollars you too can be Mickey's neighbor. Not a bad deal, if you have several million laying around with nothing to do. Maybe Disney could eventually make this a new type of theme park in WDW .... trolley tours of the rich and famous homes, an exciting golf cart ride through the back 9, concluding with an exciting view (animatronic of course) into the exclusive clubhouse bar, a dark ride based on what happens when you go from millionaire to pauper. Sounds like more fun that Animal Kingdom. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I bet there are going to be a lot of famous people with children buying these homes.

"Homeowners will have full access to the Disney theme parks, as well as resident-only facilities, including private VIP tours of the parks, holiday home decorating, grocery delivery, an on-call concierge service, a yoga studio, a fitness facility, and a full-service spa."

BWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAHHHHH!!! I want to live in WDW!

And once again I see the error of my ways in marrying for love over money. sigh.
;) :rotfl::rotfl2:

Another Disney place I hang out is talking about going in on buying one of the "cheap" houses together. Only $29,000 for a guaranteed week of living there. Oh, plus taxes and closing fees divided by 52. Oh, and don't forget the maintenance fees, property taxes, etc etc. etc.

Make DVC look like a bargain!

We were in WDW in May, my granddaughter who is 5 asked mickey if he would marry her and they could live in the castle, "mickey" was awesome and so cute with her. totally made the trip, now im waiting for her to want to move into the castle

I now have a new dream! :cloud9: I must be in Fantasyland to ever think that I could live there, but I can dream isn't that what Disney is about after all? ;)

As soon as I win the lottery, the first thing i'm doing is signing that contract! :lmao: That would seriously be so awesome! What would be even cooler, is if they made hooked up a sound system throughout the entire house, and piped in the actual music from all of the parks...so if you can't make it to the park that day, just turn on your incredibly awesome sound system and you can listen to Wishes while taking a bath! :cloud9: :wizard:

They are taking refundable $25,000 deposits now for the first homes. If I can get a group of people together it can be done! Really 2 families could pool their money together and purchase one of these homes.:idea:

They are taking refundable $25,000 deposits now for the first homes. If I can get a group of people together it can be done! Really 2 families could pool their money together and purchase one of these homes.:idea:

That's not such a bad idea! For me it would have to be like 4 families though! :rotfl: It can definitely be used in between the families though for vacations! Great idea!:thumbsup2

They are going to come and put on the Christmas decorations for me? Well that's the deal maker right there! To me that's the worst part about owning a home! :thumbsup2

The article said located between Disney World and Epcot. Now, I've never been there, but I thought WDW was the name for the place where ALL the parks are located, including Epcot. :confused3

Speaking of Epcot: Walt had planned Epcot as a prototype community of tomorrow (which is where the name came from) where people would actually live. He was very interested in trying out new types of living and communities. The monorail was one example. If only he had survived a while longer. When he died, no one else had the vision to make Epcot work the way he imagined and so they decided on something less ambitious. This could be their chance to do something innovative- but I doubt they will.

The article said located between Disney World and Epcot. Now, I've never been there, but I thought WDW was the name for the place where ALL the parks are located, including Epcot. :confused3

Speaking of Epcot: Walt had planned Epcot as a prototype community of tomorrow (which is where the name came from) where people would actually live. He was very interested in trying out new types of living and communities. The monorail was one example. If only he had survived a while longer. When he died, no one else had the vision to make Epcot work the way he imagined and so they decided on something less ambitious. This could be their chance to do something innovative- but I doubt they will.

That is weird...in another article I read, it was going to be near the Wilderness Lodge somewhat by the MK :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter