I want the 180 dining window back :(

I always find the app to be crap for ADRs. A few years back I started to just use the website version to make all my ADRs because the app glitches way too much or just frankly stinks!

Fingers crossed you can find what you are looking for later if you keep checking.
Is it possible to log into multiple computers for ADR? Also - is it best to be on the restaurants page just before 6am? My first time is coming up - any advice is appreciated!

Last edited:
Is it possible to log into multiple computers for ADR? Also - is it best to be on the restaurants page just before 6am? My first time is coming up - any advice is appreciated!

I have never tried multiple computers but I don't see why not. I mean, I don't see how it could hurt. Maybe someone else on this thread has and can offer advice.

My 60 day window for the first part of our split stay was this morning. I was on logged in on my MacBook today at 5:50 and had Topolino's pulled up and ready to go at 6:00 am on the dot. As soon as I saw it was 5:59:55ish I hit that search and was able to start making that reservation. Topolino's Terrace my was #1 priority. I rank my reservations before I start by importance and difficulty to acquire and go from there. If you have some reservations in mind that you know will be hard to get or your trip will be ruined if you don't get them you have to prioritize them and be on and ready to go just before 6 am. I was able to get everything I wanted today. Maybe not exactly on the original day I wanted, but I had already decided when I could also visit those restaurants during our trip. I showed up with a back up plan.

Take this all with a grain of salt though. I love all the planning that goes into a Disney vacay. Planning our vacations is my favorite hobby. I make spreadsheets - not super detailed - but none-the-less they are still spreadsheets. I find it makes all of this craziness easier and fun. You don't have to be that hardcore, there are ways to get your ressies you might not be able to get at first. Just plan and prioritize your reservations and be on and ready at a little before 6 am and you should be fine!

Good luck!

Yes, it's possible to do that- it opened for me today at 6:00am. I was able to get everything I wanted, including BOG, Sci-Fi, Via Napoli & Whispering Canyon.

One tip- don't give up on places that don't come up initially. When I logged on at 6am, no availability for sci-fi anywhere, no dates, no times. I checked back at 7:00am, and there were many times, it seemed like they were loaded later on.

I’m also anxious about the 60 day window. We are going at Christmas and the way I am seeing reservations at places like Ohana snapped up in the current window, I’m concerned about crowds being back to normal for the holidays and a complete free for all to snag dining, fireworks cruises, or even a pool cabana (all either 60 days in advance or not happening yet but clean seems like it will).

Anxious for the same reason. We will be there over Christmas. We are doing a split trip with Universal. Have to admit, I kind of wish I had done Disney, then Universal - just for the ADR part. Maybe not being during the busiest time. . . .but, we are doing Universal then Disney. Already have the park reservations, and Universal charges change fees - so. . .it is what it is.

I do wish it was further out than 60 days. I personally liked the 180 days, but I can see where that may be too far out. Especially when you figure in park reservations, etc. But, 120 days, 90 days - something. . . .especially if FP comes back with 60 days.

How does the 60 days plus 10 work? We are staying at a Disney hotel and are there for 7 days, would that mean we can make reservations 67 days in advance?

How does the 60 days plus 10 work? We are staying at a Disney hotel and are there for 7 days, would that mean we can make reservations 67 days in advance?
You can make dining reservations for your entire trip, up to 10 days, at 60 days prior to your check in date.

You can make dining reservations for your entire trip, up to 10 days, at 60 days prior to your check in date.

Not OP but I really wish they would allow us to reserve at 90 days. I'm stressing that random push to 90 days is going to happen and I'll miss it!!!

I'm still 280-something days out and even I want the 180 window back.

60 makes me worry I won't be able to get what I want, especially since we're trying for CRT.

Grrrr, sorry, it's been a while since I've gone to Disney but can't remember....is it 7am to book on line? Or is it 6am?

Been going since the early 80's, and I have to say that in general, one of the disappointing part of WDW's evolution over time is having to plan so many details so far in advance.

Mark me down as another Uber-Planner that misses the 180 day window--- especially since the park reservation requirement--- I would like to be able to make ADRS the day I make my park ressies (if I am within that 180 day window)

Made our park ressies yesterday for 12/23 trip, and just when I was going to make our ADRs , I realized that we couldnt.

When we were there in July, was dying to try the "Toothsome Chocolate Emporium" at Citywalk---- was totally booked our entire stay (didnt try to book that far ahead) - Tried walk-up, and wait was 3-4 hours !!!

So, managed to get a reservation for our August trip, which I have cancelled.

Figured I would try to lock one in for December, and the booking window was already open. Got one for 12/29, and realized how much I missed the 180 window at Disney.

Mark me down as another Uber-Planner that misses the 180 day window--- especially since the park reservation requirement--- I would like to be able to make ADRS the day I make my park ressies (if I am within that 180 day window)

Made our park ressies yesterday for 12/23 trip, and just when I was going to make our ADRs , I realized that we couldnt.

When we were there in July, was dying to try the "Toothsome Chocolate Emporium" at Citywalk---- was totally booked our entire stay (didnt try to book that far ahead) - Tried walk-up, and wait was 3-4 hours !!!

So, managed to get a reservation for our August trip, which I have cancelled.

Figured I would try to lock one in for December, and the booking window was already open. Got one for 12/29, and realized how much I missed the 180 window at Disney.

Agree! I feel like it was a bonus for the big planners and DVC who book 7-11 months out as it is. At 60 days a significantly higher number of people already have booked their vacation. I guess it is what it is!

Been going since the early 80's, and I have to say that in general, one of the disappointing part of WDW's evolution over time is having to plan so many details so far in advance.

but you don’t have to. It’s just a bonus for those that like to. At 180 days you weren’t forced to make dining but could!

but you don’t have to. It’s just a bonus for those that like to. At 180 days you weren’t forced to make dining but could!

Right now, it's just insane, even at 60. Room reservations have to be made in accordance with park reservations, which can't be made until you buy tickets. Then, you can only hope for dining availability on the days you happen to be in particular park. This says nothing of the former FP+ program, which made it so you not only had to plan on being in a particular park, on a particular day (coordinated with dining reservations, maybe), but had to be at a particular attraction at a particular time. All months in advance. Ugh. With so much of everyday life being about rushing from point A to B, this meeting time or that, I really miss the days when a WDW vacation could be so much more free and spontaneous.

I am in the crowd that would love for the 180 day reservations to return. My trip isn't until December. But, every morning around 5:00 am I log into MDE and look to see if I were booking, what is available 60 days out. This morning when I did it - the calendar did go out 180 days. . and the dates I'm going to be at Disney were highlighted (21st - 28th).

I know it most likely a glitch and means nothing. . . .heck, this glitch happened to me before a month or so ago - although this is the first time my actual dates are highlighted. But it sure made my heart skip a beat for a second.

Anyhow, I clicked on a highlighted date and I got an error that there's an error searching reservations at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter