I want the 180 dining window back :(

Madhattermad

Mouseketeer
Anyone else?

I feel like it allows me to spread out the magic of the planning process! Waiting until 60 days before is a borefest lol. I know there is another feed saying don't bring it back (please don't hate on me, this is just my opinion) but where are my planners?! I can't be alone in missing this.

...also if FP comes back and the 60 day window stays, how will that even work, doesn't need thinking about. Come on, please reinstate the 180 window :cheer2:

I'm with you on this since my husband and I both like to plan far ahead. The 60 day window makes me nervous that we won't be able to get what we want or that we will miss something. I also do practice packing months ahead so I know exactly what I'm taking...crazy I know, but gets me in the vacation mode and you're right it spreads out the magic. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

totally agree!! I loved that I had dining planned that far out and that if we needed to change plans I still had time to shift things around and find new ADRs, but I feel like when I book at 60 days, and then need to make changes, we're less than a month out and then there is so little time to find something.

I think I just want it ALL back to how it was, even though I know it won't be... :headache:

I assume its better to book your last days of the trip, before the first when it comes to dinner reservations when your window opens?

I'm curious, what are the hardest reservations to actually get right now. I've been checking on and off and the only one I really never ever see is cinderella royal table, and olgas. Others pop up every now and then

I assume its better to book your last days of the trip, before the first when it comes to dinner reservations when your window opens?

I'm curious, what are the hardest reservations to actually get right now. I've been checking on and off and the only one I really never ever see is cinderella royal table, and olgas. Others pop up every now and then

CRT and Olgas are the ones that are gone in seconds.

I'll tell ya one thing. I just recently made my 60 day reservations and the app was crap for me. Kept saying please try again, even hours later. I ended up booking everything through the website itself with no issues. Just a heads up if you see the app messing with you. Even now, the app won't let me change anything as it says please try again. Website, no issues

Deff cost me a reservation or 2 I wanted

I'll tell ya one thing. I just recently made my 60 day reservations and the app was crap for me. Kept saying please try again, even hours later. I ended up booking everything through the website itself with no issues. Just a heads up if you see the app messing with you. Even now, the app won't let me change anything as it says please try again. Website, no issues

Deff cost me a reservation or 2 I wanted

I always find the app to be crap for ADRs. A few years back I started to just use the website version to make all my ADRs because the app glitches way too much or just frankly stinks!

Fingers crossed you can find what you are looking for later if you keep checking.

Agreed. I never overbooked or cancelled reservations at 180 days. I booked them and kept them. There was also the 180 plus 10 if you had reservations. Is the ten day option still available with the sixty day window

Agreed. I never overbooked or cancelled reservations at 180 days. I booked them and kept them. There was also the 180 plus 10 if you had reservations. Is the ten day option still available with the sixty day window
Yes, staying on site you can still book your length of stay, up to 10 days, at 60 days from checkin.

I don’t think changing it back to 180 will do much until they open all the restaurants and increase capacity in them. It’s hard to get a reservation now, not because of the 60 day window, but because there are so few reservations to go around.

In my perfect world, ADRs would be 90 days and FP+ at 60 days. I really don’t need 180 days, but would not want to do both on the same day either. I would also like to see more of an advantage for resort guests. If they went to a 90/60 for resort guests, and a 60/30 for non resort guests, it might not be so hard for resort guests to dine in their own hotel.

Agreed. It also rewarded those who planned ahead with better ADRs. Now it’s a mad 7am rush at 60 days with a bunch of last minute Lisa’s.

Agree! I think there is a bit less competition at 180 days. By 60 days, so many more people are booked so you have a lot more people all trying for ADRs that day. If I’m booked at a Disney resort & have paid my deposit, I want to keep planning & get some firm plans in place. Especially now, with needing park reservations. They’re filling up almost 2 months out. You might need to change park reservations depending on when you can get a popular ADR. You shouldn’t have to skip a wanted ADR because you picked the wrong day for that park.

For me, 180 days is just TOOOOOOO far out. But 60 days is too short of a time span. It means this westcoaster has to get up at the 60 day mark and book on the minute it opens. 90 days seems like it would be better. 120 days is OK, but it's starting to get far out there. But it's better than the 180 day thing.

I couldn’t get in park reservations 60+4 days out. Thankfully hours got extended and I kept an eye out for dining reservations opening afterwards and that’s how I was able to get BOG and OGA’s. Disney did not give any notification so this was really hard to do (see park hours thread).

I hope they don’t do this with fast pass+ (Open it up without notice). I’m pretty sure it’s coming back this summer (potential mask mandate removal (announced today), social distancing reduced, capacity increased, people are getting heat strokes waiting in line now; not used to the Florida heat). At least give us a week’s notice ahead of time or something.

Last edited:
Me tooooo. Planning the dining is one of my favorite parts of trip planning. With park reservations now required, it makes it more complicated and less time to hunt and find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter