I Waited Too Long

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
I just got off the phone with MS and tried to add 12/5-12/9 to our vacation in Dec and there is no availabily at all!! I went on a waitlist and hoping that is going to work out...please send some pixie dust my way as I have to change the airline tix too and you all know how that can be...oh well will we stay out of disney on no I can't believe I said that...maybe look up the specials they are having now but I really wanted to stay in DW...Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

Marianne,
Am mustering up all the Pixie dust I can find!!
Good Luck!!

If you have APs there are some great rates available now through CRO. We are staying 2 nights at the ASMu before we move over to a 2BR at BWV (what can I say - we don't have enough points :eek: ). I'm sure that 2 nights at the All-Stars will really make us appreciate our DVC investment all that much more. :)

- Mike

I tried last week to get another room for my brother while I'm there which is 11/21-12/02. They had no dates at all available at the BW.

Bunny, first of all good luck with the resv. In the past, we have been lucky to add on days at the last notice, maybe you'll get lucky also. I would guess just before the 30 day deadline of canceling rooms, you might get a call from guest services.If not, you might want to try out the hard rock in universal. In Nov. ,We have a pool view room for 139 per night using the fan club card, 129 for garden view. We also got the contemporary garden view AP rate for 135. Whatever you choose , Good luck!

There are some tremendous discounts for your time period check mousesavers.com for more information if you cannot make your reservations.

Good luck

You know, I keep seeing that people are disappointed if they cannot get reservations. I have always gotten what I wanted by calling several times a day, if I need to. Cancellations come in all the time.

I learned this years ago when I would try to make reservations at the Contemporary and the Polynesian. Once I got the "You should have made reservations last year" lecture, and I was so sad and disappointed. I called back about 30 minutes later to ask a question, and expressed my disappointment about not being able to get rooms; the CM said, "oh, we have rooms for those dates". I learned then, to never give up!

Keep trying!

June

In my case, there is no disappointment - I have a ressie and had no problem getting it. I was just trying to get an additional room. You're right, if it was that important to me I could follow through on it more if need be. Other than that I have been able to go when ever I wanted. If a room wasn't available at one resort, I'd try another. Oops, there's that flexibility thing again :)

I really hope the wait list works out for you. I went to Travelocity for
the dates you were seeking and there are rooms available at all DVC
resorts
OKW: studios, 1bedroom and 2 bedrooms start at $244.
BWV: studio $189 : 1 bedroom $254
VW: $264
Other Disney resorts are available
PO Riverside/French Quarter $99
CBR $99
Contemporary $149
Poly $199
Yacht/Beach $189
I know disney controls 4% of DVC rooms. Is that how Travelocity gets
them?
Meg

We wanted the same dates and had the same thng happen to us. We just found out we could go on those days, so we tried. We just went ahead and booked at PO instead of going on the waitlist. Airline prices have been bouncing around so much that I wanted to secure a room. I will be calling in April for a March 2003 room at VWL.

Don't be fooled by the listings on Travelocity and Expedia. If you actually go through the reservation process, at the end it says that they cannot get through to the reservation system. I was actually on the phone with Disney and tried the Expedia deal with the CRO CM on line because I told them that it said there was availability and, lo and behold, at the end, no room. Just because they list a price doesn't mean it's still available I've learned. The CM said that the internet is about 1 hour behind them so, as she said, if she couldn't find a room, then they shouldn't be able to either. She was right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter