I thought we had free dining?

Valstew

Mouseketeer
:wave2::wave2:So this is my first PTR but I'm sitting here and a little bored and no one wants to hear about my trip any more, but you all enjoy this like I did. So I guess I'll introduce the cast of characters there is;

Valerie (me) 34 I'm the registrar for a small maritime college been to WDW 5x and DL 2x this will be my 6th trip
James (dh) 35 he is a Corrections Officer WDW 3x this is his 4th trip
Connor (ds) 5 he will be entering kindergarten this fall (I'm "bad mommy" for taking him out of school to go to Disney) :stir: he has been to WDW 3x this is his 4th trip

We are all Disney fanatics. :earboy2:(pic is DH's first and DS's second visit in 2014)

IMG_1991.JPG

So trip stats we are going September 17-21 and will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary on the 20th. We have 5 day hopper tickets (we hop daily) and we are on the DDP. We will come back to the hotel. :worried:

Now as for the hotel we started out booking back in early March I think it was about a week before our 180 window so e could book our dining. We stayed last September with free dining at All Star Sports and while we didn't hate it, we didn't love it either. But since we were only booking so we could make ADR's we booked at DH's mod dream resort POFQ knowing that it would change when FD dropped. Our 180 day comes and I had a training at work and had to go in early 7am :mad: so hubby booked our dining (late) but got almost everything but BOG so he was forgiven. our dining is:
Sunday 9/17 5:20 Boatwright's (DH loves the Jambalaya)
Monday 9/18 9:10 Chef Mickey (DS was crushed last year when we couldn't get this one)
Tuesday 9/19 5:30 Ohana (tried to get here last 3 visits and finally got it!):yay:
Wednesday 9/20 5:30 =Crystal Palace (DS request; I wanna see Eyore and Tigger)IMG_1967.JPG IMG_1954.JPG
Thursday 9/21 (last day :() Kill the snack credits at Food and Wine (this is tradition for us in our last 3 trips and a favorite of me and DH)
So April 24th comes and I get up at 4 am and was able to book us for FD in a standard room at Pop! :cloud9: With the change to QSD it made the mods not too attractive anymore. And POR only had availability for royal rooms and with the upgrade to DDS it pushed it out of the budget. So I'm thinking ok smooth sailing :boat: this year I'm set till 60 days out and FP, :lmao:last year we changed hotels 3 times cause my DH gets insane ideas in his head.....

Then came the email.....:hippie:Bye POP....

About a week ago DH gets an email from Disney saying POP would be undergoing renovations while we were there but the disruption would be minimal :badpc:. He knew about the construction because I am always on the boards and told him numerous times, even showed him pictures of the renovated rooms. But he is worried and starts looking at different resorts and what is available, well at 75 days out that wasn't much.:sad2:

I think its over he will pull an Elsa and let it go.:tink: I don't know why I torture myself after 16 years you would think I knew better. :idea:

He finds POFQ on the enchanted room discount but its for 6 nights, now technically we can extend our trip as I don't have to be back to work till Monday but between 2 extra days upgrading to a mod (even with 15% discount) and changing our flights this would of blown up the budget. DH is frustrated because the 7 day trip is available and the 5 isn't. popcorn:: He decides to call, the CM on the phone agrees with him that that can be so frustrating and tells him that stitch had been messing with the website today and could he hold and she would see if she could help him.

5 minutes go by and she comes back with there is a unique pin code attached to your account good for stays Sept 10-dec ?? and has quotes for AKL, POFQ, and BW(I think). 25% off POFQ!!!!!! it was 35% at the other 2 but they were savannah view and not sure on the other but way out of budget. But 25% off POFQ we booked it of course how could we not for almost the same price for FD at POP we got the same package with a standard room at POFQ.:cool1:

I have gotten pin codes before but never more than 20% for POFQ, I was in shock. They made our night and probably DH's trip. the CM on the phone really went above and beyond to help my insane DH.
I'm really getting excited for this trip I don't know if it is that we are getting close to FP day or the change in resorts and staying somewhere new, but its going to be awesome:lovestruc

Updated stats:
September 17-21
5 day hopper tickets
DDP
Port Orleans French Quarter
71 (in 20 minutes) days out.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter