I think we overpaid!!!!

being-dragged-to-DL

You can have Johnny Depp... I want Jack Sparrow!
:scared: I think we got ripped off.
We got our package thru AAA, and when we break it down and do the math... the only way it makes any sense at all, is if we are paying $300 each night (four nights first week in March, sat-tues) for the DLH. This seems crazy to me. Should the two queen, park pool view rooms cost that much??? $1200 for four nights. We are adding the if-bought-seperate prices for the park hoppers, and air flight, and that leaves the balance that makes the rooms $300 each night. SHOULD WE COMPLAIN? Or, is this average for the package? I feel like a schmuck. A free stroller rental and some free refills ARE NOT worth that difference, and besides, they advertsie that stuff as being free perks, dont they? I think I could have saved $600 booking this myself.

Check the Disneyland web site. You can get a quote from them online to see what it would cost with Disney Travel. March is spring break time and the prices do go up. We paid $300 a night just before Christmas so it could be right.

It doesn't surprise me that DLH is around $300/nt, I think that is the going rate. I don't have AAA, we do all our planning online.

I think it does makes sense. Looking at expedia, a view room is $245 for March 6-10th. Add room tax 15% + resort fee $11.50 (245+36.75+11.5o) you actually end up paying $293.25. Booking through aaa hardly, if ever saves you money. At least you'll be getting enhanced fastpass.

packages rarely save money....you are paying for convience and advice. In this case you are getting a valuable perk in enhanced FP. In sept we are paying about $340 a night for DLH themepark view concierge!

Are you sure you're adding up the rest of the package correctly to arrive at $1200 for the hotel? We also booked through AAA for 4 nights in March at DLH with Resort/Pool view. In addition, we got 5 day park hopper passes for 2 adults/2 children, and a character breakfast. The grand total was $1414. If you figure $85 for the character breakfast and $340 for the park hopper passes, that comes to $989 for the 4 nights at the hotel. I priced it out going directly through Disney Travel, and it would have been like $70 more expensive, and we wouldn't have gotten the extended fast passes.

There are a few variables I can think of that might make a difference:
1) How far in advance the package was booked
2) We're going to be there a week later than you...perhaps we timed it right at a change in rates.
3) We're booked Sun-Wed nights...maybe booking on a Sat night makes a difference?

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter