I think the internet causes ADD

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
;) First, I'm not making light of anyone who has ADD.

I'm just saying, the more time I spent online, the more I get distracted & don't finish anything. I'll be looking something up, click a link, get sent off in another direction, start looking to that, click a link, go off in another direction....... Eventually, what was I doing & how did I get here. :confused3

DH can't sit with me to look at something because I drive him nuts wandering off into too many things. :rotfl:

Ya know, I never used to have this problem. I used to be a very focused individual & could complete tasks. Not anymore. What the heck happened?

You know, you MAY be right about that, I remember talking with DW yesterday about the internet and...

OH, LOOK...

LOLCats........

perhaps you have lost passion for what it was you were doing? If you really think you might have symptoms of ADHD you can check out the cdc website which lists the symptoms but, keep in mind this is a disorder of childhood and one of the criteria is symptoms appear prior to age 7 and impair work and play. However, you can be diagnosed latent-

What I do is always open new links up in a new window or tab. That way I can always go back to where I started if I forget!!

perhaps you have lost passion for what it was you were doing? If you really think you might have symptoms of ADHD you can check out the cdc website which lists the symptoms but, keep in mind this is a disorder of childhood and one of the criteria is symptoms appear prior to age 7 and impair work and play. However, you can be diagnosed latent-

What I do is always open new links up in a new window or tab. That way I can always go back to where I started if I forget!!

I think I just suck at multi-tasking now. Really, I used to be good at this stuff.

Saw a psychologist on the TV the other day saying that multi-tasking is a myth. He stated that you are only ever doing one thing at a time but people often switch back and forth bewteen several tasks.
He said it is far more effective to focus on one task and see it through to completion before you start the next one.
Guess he doesn't have children :thumbsup2

Cheers Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter