I think it’s me

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
I’m on a solo trip for a friends wedding. Lots of great fun. Except for the food sadly

Thursday night a group of 10 of us went tonBoathouse. Lots of large parties this night. We were in no rush, just enjoying visiting

Orders go in, about half of us get an appy. My appy was the best ever! Fresh lump crab neat, half an avocado, terragon remoulade. This was so good! Great flavor combo and so fresh.

One person had a nekkid Caesar salad. Took awhile for our server to come back. Finally got his salad

Then main courses came out. Except mine :(. She forgot to put my steak and fries, no fries mushrooms order in, they will put a rush on it. She brought out a lobster bisque for me which I did not want and do not care for. So she took that back, what a waste

I don’t think they know how to cook beef here. One couple ordered the porterhouse medium rare. It was more raw than anything near the bone. They sent it back.
My medium came out, it was more blue than anything else. Sent it back, I don’t want it anymore.

It didn’t end there! Manager came over, made a few adjustments, all good. Or is it?

Nope. My appy was comped. As was the wine my friend w the raw porterhouse had. They put my appy, a comped dessert and the wine on their bill then comped it. I told my friend to check the bill carefully. There was auto gratuity on all checks since we were a large party.

Yup, the bill’s gratuity was higher than it should be. The comped items $ gratuity amount was added into their bill. That took awhile to both communicate and be corrected. Gratuity on about $80 of comped items should not be paid by the person they randomly added the items to check!

Overall I would go back for the appetizer. That was amazing! The rest was average. The service was average at best. It was a great night w friends, but we would not choose to go back. Too many other wonderful places to try.

Hearing more and more issues with Boathouse. I agree the lump crab & avocado is excellent but haven’t seen any good steak reviews in a while. The service we had there was the best service I’ve had anywhere in WDW but clearly that’s not a guarantee. What a bummer.

If it’s not a steak house I never order medium rare. They just can’t seem to do it. This was a very small piece of beef. Very small. I have no idea how they could get a decent color on the outside while being complete raw in the center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter