I think I totally messed up the MDE help!!

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
So I had my husband create a MDE login and then scanned to share it with him so he could see and have access to all our plans. That way if we split up he can do LL for a child, etc.

So he created an account and we linked except instead of sharing our plans it pulled his park ticket from me and now I don’t have it but he has all and only his stuff. Which I guess is fine I don’t really need his park tickets or anything but the kids are still only listed under me.

Is there a way to at least also list them under him so he can edit their plans (LL) too? I guess really it only matters for 1 child since the other is too young for a park ticket so it doesn’t matter.

And then I also assume even tho it pulled his stuff from my account I can still purchase LL and make selections for him???

Ugh I should have just given him my log in info instead of him doing his own account I feel like I messed this up and made it more confusing instead of less :(

In my mind we would BOTH have access to ALL our plans (including kids) in case one of our phones died or we wanted to split up since the youngest is too little to go on some things.

Did you make him friends and family with your kids? As long as you are listed as friends and family with each other then you should not have any problems making his LLs.

Did you make him friends and family with your kids? As long as you are listed as friends and family with each other then you should not have any problems making his LLs.
I made him friends and family with me (I manage the kids) but the kids didn't show up under him just I did???

I made him friends and family with me (I manage the kids) but the kids didn't show up under him just I did???
Have your husband go to his family & friends list and select Add A Guest. If it works correctly, it should show the kid’s profiles that you manage and allow him to add them. Since you manage the kid’s profiles, you will need to approve the request.

Right, they won’t automatically show up under him because you control the kids’ accounts. If you go into his account and request to be friends and family with the kids, then he will be connected with them.

Michael told you above how to link the kids to him. Once all of you are linked and he and you both have permission to plan and share for the other, you can make Genie+LLs, ADRs, VQ, etc. that include him and the kids, and he can do the same for you and the kids.

Have your husband go to his family & friends list and select Add A Guest. If it works correctly, it should show the kid’s profiles that you manage and allow him to add them. Since you manage the kid’s profiles, you will need to approve the request.

Right, they won’t automatically show up under him because you control the kids’ accounts. If you go into his account and request to be friends and family with the kids, then he will be connected with them.

Michael told you above how to link the kids to him. Once all of you are linked and he and you both have permission to plan and share for the other, you can make Genie+LLs, ADRs, VQ, etc. that include him and the kids, and he can do the same for you and the kids.

Thanks everyone! For some reason when we linked all it did was take away him from the family and in order to access his stuff he had to JUST log into his account. It was so strange. Never gave us the option on either end for me to share the kids or for him to add them. It just kept showing managed by me. I think we messed it up. But anyway, we ended up calling tech support and they were able to fix it and link us all up again so we could all see/edit everyone's plans! Thanks!

Never gave us the option on either end for me to share the kids or for him to add them.
Yes, I don’t think MDE ever tells anyone about that - the guest has to know that they have to ask to be linked to other people e.g. their own kids. MDE has come a long way from when it started, but it’s still not very user-friendly for those who are just learning!

Thanks everyone! For some reason when we linked all it did was take away him from the family and in order to access his stuff he had to JUST log into his account. It was so strange. Never gave us the option on either end for me to share the kids or for him to add them. It just kept showing managed by me. I think we messed it up. But anyway, we ended up calling tech support and they were able to fix it and link us all up again so we could all see/edit everyone's plans! Thanks!

I manage my kids, I think in order for other people to add them as friends and family, my list has to be shared. If I don't share my list, nobody else can see my managed profiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter