I think I hate my dress...

I love you ladies so much :)

I'm feeling MUCH better about the dress. Even after two bridesmaids have sort of "downed" it. I dont even care anymore, lol. I feel like a princess in it... and that is what matters :)

Thank you ALL so much for being so wonderful. I dont know what I would do without this board :)

I think you look absolutely lovely! I have the same problem - I have lost a lot of weight but when I look at myself I don't see it even though people around me comment about it all the time. We play such mind games with outselves don't we? I am so glad you are feeling better about how your dress looks on you - you are going to be a gorgeous bride! :bride:

Well... I went out and tried on a couple new dresses... and I ended up exchanging my dress for a new one that I think is MUCH more flattering.

I have pics in my PJ:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1403621

I agree that the second dress is very flattering to your figure. You have a beautiful hourglass figure, and the dropped waist on the second dress really shows it off.

Your dress is beautiful! YOU are beautiful - and yes - I CAN see your weight loss!

We sometimes view ourselves as still fat - it is normal to do that. Trust me - you look great!

Have a very happy wedding day!

Your dress is beautiful! YOU are beautiful - and yes - I CAN see your weight loss!

We sometimes view ourselves as still fat - it is normal to do that. Trust me - you look great!

Have a very happy wedding day!

Not sure how you found this thread as its from 2007!

Not sure how you found this thread as its from 2007!

Thank you for pointing out my stupidity! Now everyone knows!

I was simply posting a reply. I did not realize that the threads on the bottom of the page are old. I was more interested in helping a bride-to-be feel better about herself.

I am sorry that I am dumb!

I did the same thing! I saw the posts to view down at the bottom of the page and clicked on it. I didn't notice the date either. ;) Not sure why the older posts pop up down there. Oh well!!!!!!!!

Beautiful dress, I love it, and I can definitely see a difference in the before and after! congratulations!!

Haha and I did the same thing, clicked on the posts on the bottom of the page and didn't look at the date. Oh well, she did look great and the dress was beautiful!

So my wedding is just about 8 weeks away. I had to re-order my dress in a smaller size since I have lost about 18/20 lbs since ordering it back in early April.

Here's the thing though... I hate it now. I dont think it's that it doesn't fit right or anything like that... it zips up with no trouble and such...it's just... I dont like the way I look in it. I feel like I lost 20lbs and you can't even tell. I dont think I look any different what-so-ever.

I guess... I feel short and wide. :( I'm not sure what to do or what my options are, and I guess I just want some unbiased feedback. My bridesmaids say I'm crazy and that I look much smaller, but I just don't see it.. and I had a good cry about it today b/c I think I'm stuck with it.

Help?

Here are my before/after pics

dress-2.jpg

Oh Girl don't be SILLY!! First of all your waist is amazing. Second of all You look great in that!! Like a Princess. I'm a bit jealous that you can wear it so well, Of course I look silly in most dresses with my Mohawk, unless I let it go my natural ginger then it just looks like its too big on me and shows how "brittle" looking my arms are.

You ladies are too wonderful for words. I just have to send some love out to you all!:love: :love: :love:

I think that the 2nd picture up there was a bad one to judge by... so I took some of your advice and had a new picture taken. I have all my undergarments on in this one, and I tried to do a similar pose... here are the results:

lisadress.jpg

I feel like I see more of a difference now, and I've calmed down a lot. I'd still like to slim my arms down, but I don't hate the dress like I was yesterday.

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for dealing with my stressed/crazy self. :grouphug:
You are looking so pretty like princess. I loved your dress. Such an adorable look! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter