I tested out what happens if you forget medication at home

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
Since I am so dedicated to making sure I can answer as many questions as possible on this board, I decided to test out what would happen if medication was left at home. :rolleyes1 Could I get more? How easily?

Ok, OK, I admit that I didn't do it on purpose to test it out. I was careless and left my medications at home when DH and went to WDW over New Years. :blush:
I had good reason to forget the medication, I couldn't find my wallet right before we were leaving for the airport, so I was a bit frazzled. :blush:

Anyway, when we were almost to the airport, I realized I didn't have my pills. I was able to find the phone number for the Target Pharmacy where my prescriptions are at and I was able to call from the airport and get it all settled before we got on our plane.
When I called and explained the situation to them, they found the phone number of a Target Pharmacy in Kissimmee. I called that number, told them where I was staying; they said another Target was closer and gave me the number. I called the correct Target, explained my situation and gave them the phone number for my "home" Target. The 2 Targets communicated and transferred the prescription to the Florida Target. They even called the insurance company and got a "Vacation override" so I had to pay only the co-pay. If we had arrived earlier in the day, I could have picked it up the same day, but we arrived after the store was closed.
When I need the prescription refilled, I'll need to re-transfer the prescription back to my usual Target. I had sort of common medications, so it was easy. If it had been any of my DD's medications, hers are more specialized, so they might have had to order some of them (which would have been a problem).

SueM in MN said:
I had good reason to forget the medication, I couldn't find my wallet right before we were leaving for the airport, so I was a bit frazzled. :blush:

I didn't think it was possible for you to get frazzled. I am so disappointed.

Mike :charac2: :charac2:

Years ago when Megan was 7 (can't believe next week she'll be 15) I forgot to pack her catheters. I know you can clean them and reuse it but she never had and I didn't want to start. I had filled her backpack up with enough to get us there and for one more day so when I realized that I didn't have them I called the supplier and she sent enough for the trip overnight express to the hotel.

We are going on a cruise next month and they will be the first thing I pack for both girls.

Cindy

What dedication!!!! Thanks for testing this scenario for us! Seriously, I'm glad everything worked out well for you!

Cheshire Figment said:
I didn't think it was possible for you to get frazzled. I am so disappointed.

Mike :charac2: :charac2:
I do have to amend it to I was not personally frazzled. It was my DH who was and he came home earlier than planned to go to the airport (Yep, that sounds good) :earboy2: .
He kept telling me places to look for my wallet in places where my wallet would never be, so I had a hard time thinking of where it actually was, which was in the basement, next to the computer (I will blame the Minnesota Department of Nursing for that, since my Nursing license had to be renewed on line, with a credit card, I needed to print out a copy and their website had been too busy to access until 11 pm, when I was half asleep). I know...... :charac2: :charac2:

Anyway, I was pleasently surprised how easy it was. (Better than DH's idea which was for me to call DD and and have her send the bottle overnight delivery to us).

I have to admit that I've refilled many a prescription at the Walgreens around WDW. The pharmacist on Apopka-Vineland even recognizes me! :rolleyes: I know the closest 24hour one too!

If Walgreens is your pharmacy at home, it is very easy to get refills at any Walgreens in the country. With your name and home phone,they can access your records and refill your prescriptions.

It used to be that the prescription # would then be changed slightly to reflect the location where it was refilled but I think even this minor inconvenience has been corrected.

Thanks for your dedication and research, Sue! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter