• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I swear, my house is haunted

Domo

Wotcha
I can feel it.

Plus, the attic light keeps on randomly turning itself on at night and has to be physically turned back off. And Cecil Parker died here.

if-one-door-opens-and-another-door-closes-seek-help-your-house-is-haunted--198e2.png

People who have lived in a haunted house: what are some occurrences you experiences?
We'd wake up in the morning to the smell of scrambled eggs with onions and peppers when no one had cooked any such thing.

I saw an image of a man, sitting on the toybox in the hallway that was outside of my parents' bedroom. My sister saw a young boy in knickers, suspenders and a pageboy hat in my parents' room. My parents would wake up some nights to see an object watching them sleep. When a light would go on or you'd turn away and back, the image would be gone.

The spirit liked to prank my brother. One night, he was home along (a teenager) and he could hear chains rattling in the front room when he was in the TV room. Both rooms were open to one another and there was nothing there. That night, when he went to the cellar steps to get a soda from the shelves off the steps, (the steps had no backs) his ankle was grabbed. He ran up the steps, locked the cellar door and called my grandfather to come to sit with him. There was nothing in the basement, either.

We'd come home sometimes to hear someone calling for "Mom" when there was no one home.

When my parents moved, we stood in the living room and she said, aloud to the spirit, "you've been good to us, and interesting. You're welcome to come with us to the new house." Since they moved, and in every other place I've lived, we've never experienced anything like that... and certainly, no food being prepared overnight for us to smell in the morning.

On another note, I researched the house. My parents owned it the longest. Those who owned it prior to them only lived in it for a year or two. Right before that happened, there was the death of a young boy who lived in the house. I don't know why or how he died, just that he did. We figured it was his spirit and he was pranking my brother just because they were both boys.

We'd wake up in the morning to the smell of scrambled eggs with onions and peppers when no one had cooked any such thing.

I saw an image of a man, sitting on the toybox in the hallway that was outside of my parents' bedroom. My sister saw a young boy in knickers, suspenders and a pageboy hat in my parents' room. My parents would wake up some nights to see an object watching them sleep. When a light would go on or you'd turn away and back, the image would be gone.

The spirit liked to prank my brother. One night, he was home along (a teenager) and he could hear chains rattling in the front room when he was in the TV room. Both rooms were open to one another and there was nothing there. That night, when he went to the cellar steps to get a soda from the shelves off the steps, (the steps had no backs) his ankle was grabbed. He ran up the steps, locked the cellar door and called my grandfather to come to sit with him. There was nothing in the basement, either.

We'd come home sometimes to hear someone calling for "Mom" when there was no one home.

When my parents moved, we stood in the living room and she said, aloud to the spirit, "you've been good to us, and interesting. You're welcome to come with us to the new house." Since they moved, and in every other place I've lived, we've never experienced anything like that... and certainly, no food being prepared overnight for us to smell in the morning.

On another note, I researched the house. My parents owned it the longest. Those who owned it prior to them only lived in it for a year or two. Right before that happened, there was the death of a young boy who lived in the house. I don't know why or how he died, just that he did. We figured it was his spirit and he was pranking my brother just because they were both boys.

That's downright creepy!

My house wasn't haunted, but when a dear friend passed away very suddenly, I'm certain that she visited me the night that she died. It was really late...like 12:30 or 1:00 am. I was exhausted and normally would have been able to fall asleep straight away, but I just couldn't get settled in bed. My husband was in another room on the computer dealing with a work problem (he's in IT). We have 2 cats, but both cats were in the kids' bedroom snuggling with them. It was just me in the master bedroom.

I was laying in bed so that my back was to DH's side of the bed. And I swear on God's green earth that it felt like somebody either sat on the bed or pressed their hand down on the bed to lean over and then somebody gently touched & patted my head in a very loving way. I thought it was DH. I even said out loud, "DH, is that you? Is that work problem fixed?" When he didn't respond, I said, "DH, are you there?" Then I turned over in bed and DH wasn't there. He was still in the other room working. The kids were both in their beds fast asleep. And no cats in the master bedroom either.

After comparing notes with some of her immediate family, it appears that she visited them, too. And later on after the coroner's report came out, she died about 30-60 minutes before that late night visit. She lived in another state...hundreds of miles away from me. I also saw her in her parents' house a few times the evening before the funeral when lots of us were there visiting & comforting each other.

People who have lived in a haunted house: what are some occurrences you experiences?

I think I've posted this on here before but we would frequently hear someone walking through the house I grew up in. It was an old house with creaky floors, so it wasn't subtle at all. You knew it if someone was walking around. I never saw anything, but was home by myself one night. My mother was at work but due home any moment, I was in my room next to the front door with the dogs. The front door rattled and creaked like everything else in the house.

About time for my mother to get home, I hear the front door unlock, someone walk through it, close it, and relock it then walk down the hallway towards the kitchen. The dogs heard it too, they got up and went to the door of my room, wagged their tales, etc like they always did when someone came home. They settled back down and I didn't think anything of it until about 5 minutes later when my mother actually did come home. I asked her if she had been there a couple of minutes earlier, she said no, we both freaked out and called my Dad and brother to get home NOW.

That was just one of many similar instances over the years.

My lifelong oldest friend since before I started grade school passed suddenly a couple yrs back from a brain aneurysm. I learned about it at night from her daughter. Woke after dozing on and off around 4 am upset, and said "Karen, if you hear me, give me a sign". Dozed back off and woke couple hours later to the phone ringing at 7 am in the morning. I picked up the phone and the first thing I heard was a women's voice, "Hi, this is Karen". It was a wrong number! I absolutely believe she manipulated the phone call in some way to come to me. I never get phone calls on my regular phone especially that early. I will always feel that it was her.

A hobby of mine is ghost hunting. I have seen and heard some awesome things. And ghost hunting is nothing like those phonies on Ghost Adventures shows it.

We don't live there anymore. These are just some of the occurances that convinced my very sceptical DH that there was someone else in our house:

I started hearing steps in the attic space. Sounded like heavy boots.

The tv would turn itself on and off randomly, and frequently would be a different channel when it turned back on.

Lights turning on and off by itself.

The tv remote falling off the chair and sliding across the room by itself while we all day watching.

The sound on the tv turning itself down all the time.

The washer shutting itself off mid-cycle (during the spin cycle). If I had a heavy load on, and the washer was loud, it would shut itself off. Not only that, but usually the lid would by open, and the washer wouldn't have gotten to that point without the lid being closed earlier in the cycle.

I was vacuuming one day, I had a dog who barked and growled at the vacuum, and a baseball cap on top of a desk FLEW across the room and hit me in the back. Flew at least 15 feet, and I was the only human home.

My DH was sceptical, told me "it's only women that have these experiences for a reason", blah blah blah. Then I went away for a weekend and everything I had been experiencing happened in a short 48 hour period to him :duck:. Not only that, but he fell asleep on the couch and when he got up to go to bed, caught a foggy apparition of an old man sitting on the corner of the bed in the spare room.

These occurrences continued on and off throughout the years, but we got used to them. When our daughter was 2-3, one of the first sentences she put together was, " there's an old man who lives in the closet in Joe's room." When I probed, she said he talked to her, but she wasn't scared. That room was the same room that my DH spotted the apparition.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter