I spotted a lost child....

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
So, I left the World of Disney Store and my goal was to get to The Boathouse to meet up with my grown kids for dinner. It's about 7:00pm ish and the sun is in my eyes, but low and behold the most adorable two year old ish kid comes running up towards me with the biggest smile on his face. I look up to see if there are any parents frantically searching for him. Nope. I look around at other people and they look at him and then that's it. So I follow him as he prances around. We are in front of the Starbucks....he gleefully goes in the little que area and starts dancing and laughing.

I'm still waiting for parents or someone looking for him. NOTHING. So what should I do? Well, I start yelling like an idiot to the people at the Starbucks Window. "SECURITY SECURITY.....call security there is a missing kid here". Everyone looks at me like I"m an idiot but don't do anything. I start yelling again. And this cute little kid is still dancing around smiling at me. Finally two Starbucks employees and a manager come out. They ask if he is my child and I say no, but there is no one looking for him. They said they had called security and the one employee picked him up. The kid then starts getting cranky, but as soon as I saw he was with them, I left.

So, later on that evening I stopped by Starbucks and asked what happened. One of the people there say that he eventually was reunited with his parents so I felt good.

So, bottom line, never be afraid to get involved. Someday it could be your child or grandchild.

You did a good deed. We had a similar situation years ago but the child was about eight and was freaking out, running wildly in one direction and then another, this was at Epcot right after the fireworks. My husband was able to calm him down enough to direct him to one of stores and explained to the CMs the situation. They took over from there. Like you said, never be afraid to get involved.

Happened to me at the bird show in Animal Kingdom. Lots of people entering and next to me a little boy about 3 years old suddenly started crying hysterically and yelling for his daddy. Broke my heart!!! I couldn't walk away. I stayed with him at the CM station while they prepared to do whatever CMs do in this situation. The parents had entered the bird show (I forget what it's called) and the dad was soon back frantically looking for him and the child was reunited with his family. What a relief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter