• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I See a Line, I Wait In It ~ A January 2016 TR - Completed 12/29

Thanks for following along. It's definitely a bummer that I don't have anything planned, but oh well.
I feel bad for people who were there to run the half this weekend ... it's a tough break, but runDisney did what they felt was best. A lot of people ended up running the distance around their resorts - it was actually really cool to read stories of groups running around the resorts, people bringing their kids out in costume for "character stops," and people giving out water and powerade. People really made the best of a bad situation.
I was following along with FB live feeds from the Disdads on our private page there. A few of them were planning to run and had already turned in for the night when the race was called. They got back up and pretty much had a drinking marathon that night instead. :drinking1:rotfl2:

I was following along with FB live feeds from the Disdads on our private page there. A few of them were planning to run and had already turned in for the night when the race was called. They got back up and pretty much had a drinking marathon that night instead. :drinking1:rotfl2:

That's definitely a good solution to the "no race" situation. I'm guessing those Disdads earned their half marathon drinking medals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter