I really miss Dis POP!!!

CHEMISTSP

Unapologetic Disney Nerd
It is a real shame that Dis Pop is not a regular podcast anymore. Given that Disney is increasingly becoming even more of a media empire (especially with the start of an exclusively streaming channel and possible Fox merger that will create a lot of new media content) I wish that the DisBoard Channels had a more regular focus on some of the media elements of the company (Dis Pop has only had 3 episodes over the last 8 months). Not to mention that I really appreciated Craig & Ryno's opinions on movies and shows.

If it is a matter of Craig & Ryno being too busy, then if the Dis takes on new staff it is my hope that they put more focus on some media review elements within their podcasts and You Tube offerings. I would love to see regular shows regarding Disney shows, movies, stage plays and other media offerings. The lack of Dis Pop programming is really creating a vacuum here IMO.

I loved Did Pop and would love to see a new episode as well. My guess is that based on the numbers of views/downloads, it wasn't viewed as very value-added. Pete and the team probably viewed that their time could be focused on other projects. At the end of the day, it's what's best for business.

I think a good idea would be to add the show as a Patreon only show.

Interestin point. Maybe most people see the DisBoards as a source more for just the theme park aspect of Disney rather then the media side. There are a lot of other podcasts & YouTube channels that cover Disney media, but it has been my hope to see this group cover the media side of things more as I really enjoy their productions. You would think the business side of things would merit more of an investment in programming to cover Disney generated media as it is such a large part of what Disney does. That said, your point is valid and something I had not considered.

DisPOP was pretty fun and if they don't ever do it regularly again i would at least suggest doing a show here and there for reactions/in-depth reviews to the major disney films. i'm a real pirates guy and i liked the episode about the most recent sequel where Ryno and Craig did a full hour picking it apart and analyzing it.

maybe once a quarter or so, just for the big films like avengers and star wars sequels or pixar releases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter