I pack this.... just in case

Thank you,

I have my packing list, but there were so many good "just in case" suggestions listed I was afraid I would forget something.

Thank you so much for sharing. :cheer2:

Cough medicine. WDW hotels are likely to have it in the gift shop but most hotels don't. A few years ago my daughter and I were on a trip where we both got sick and desperately wanted cough medicine. Since then I always pack it when I travel--preferably the pill form that I get at CVS.

Desitin- I use this instead of body glide. It's great if your busty like me, it keeps everything dry. I also use it on my inner thigh to prevent chafing.

Aleeve- I have flat feet and plantar fasciitis. I find that taking this before I start walking keeps my feet from hurting most of the day.

Travel Size Deodorant- There have been too many times where I've smelled things coming from other people. And I want to make sure that I'm not one of them :lmao:

Wipes/Hand Sanitizer- just in case I touch something nasty and I'm not near a bathroom.

Snacks: I have a very sensitive stomach and I'm very cautious about what I eat. So, I bring snacks that I know I can handle.

Drinks- I refuse to pay the price in the venting machines :snooty:. The last time I went I didn't bring anything to drink. Luckily, I had my water enhancer in my bag.

I don't bring this into the parks with me (stays in my room), but my laptop bag has a veritable assortment of useful things:

1. Spare batteries--I always carry 4xAA and 4xAAA batteries, stored in mini-ziploc bags.
2. Pens, pencils, Sharpie
3. Extra micro-USB cords for charging cell phones, plus a few extra AC "cubes" to plug them into the wall
4. A pad of paper
5. Ziploc bags (sandwich and quart sized storage bags as they are tougher)
6. A mini screwdriver with swappable slotted or philips tips--kids electronics frequently screw shut the battery cover, plus they are small enough to repair eyeglasses.

Swimmers ear
Artificial tears (helps with chlorine irritated eyes and to get particles of dust out)

Something very bright and noticeable to tie to a stroller. Even if you bring your own stroller from home it can be very difficult to find, but with something tied to the handle it will stand out and you can find it after just a quick scan.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhh

I know what I don;t think I saw!! A highlighter to highlight things on the daily schedule you want to do!! :thumbsup2

A travel pack of kleenex. I always carry one into the parks with me.

I ALWAYS bring the travel room deodorizers. They're actually refills for the glass squares (can't remember brand) but the genius is they're designed to also be used as a stand alone deodorizer! Ensures there's no musty hotel rooms, (I'm particular about smells!) and I coordinate to the resort! When we stayed at the Poly, I brought a Hawaiian one that smelled of coconut, the BC was an ocean breeze one:) I looove a fresh, awesome smelling room:)

Immodium. Tums. Pepto.
Chap stick with SPF in it.. also stick-style sunscreen for noses!
Bathroom spray
One of those little oval plastic things with little spikes on it for the soap dish, so the soap doesn't get slimy. I have one for the sink, too.
Small towel, like a sham-wow, ponchos
TWO tubes of glow in the dark bracelets. Each has 12 bracelets. Good for evening shows, fireworks, keeping track of people after dark, also work really well as night lights in the bathroom!
All the medicine things we'd normally use at home- extra strength tylenol, ibuprofen, nyquil and dayquil capsules, sinus pills, pseudophed, bonine, moleskin, bandaids, masking tape, blister bandaids, antibiotic cream, hydrocortisone cream, prescription meds (I usually put a week's worth in the luggage and a few days' worth in the carry-ons)
clothespins for the curtains, magnets for the door (I post the daily schedules so they don't get lost)
pop-up hamper, Purex sheets with laundry soap/fabric softener in one
small bottle of dish soap for coffee mugs
coffee and filters
POWER STRIP
allergy pillow covers and our own colorful pillowcases so housekeeping doesn't mess with the allergy covers.
Small travel blankets (like from an airplane, or the dollar store) so if we get chilly in the a/c, we can cover up without messing up the beds. These can be left behind if we need space to pack souvenirs for the trip home!
Book lights (usually from Dollar Tree) so I can read while others are in bed.
I get some food storage boxes at dollar tree, one for each person, and put their name on it. Important pocket stuff goes in here at night- keys, magic bands, cell phones, chap stick, etc- so it doesn't clutter up the table tops.

That's all I can think of right now. I am sure there's more (personal hand held fan, for example)!

Immodium. Tums. Pepto. Chap stick with SPF in it.. also stick-style sunscreen for noses! Bathroom spray One of those little oval plastic things with little spikes on it for the soap dish, so the soap doesn't get slimy. I have one for the sink, too. Small towel, like a sham-wow, ponchos TWO tubes of glow in the dark bracelets. Each has 12 bracelets. Good for evening shows, fireworks, keeping track of people after dark, also work really well as night lights in the bathroom! All the medicine things we'd normally use at home- extra strength tylenol, ibuprofen, nyquil and dayquil capsules, sinus pills, pseudophed, bonine, moleskin, bandaids, masking tape, blister bandaids, antibiotic cream, hydrocortisone cream, prescription meds (I usually put a week's worth in the luggage and a few days' worth in the carry-ons) clothespins for the curtains, magnets for the door (I post the daily schedules so they don't get lost) pop-up hamper, Purex sheets with laundry soap/fabric softener in one small bottle of dish soap for coffee mugs coffee and filters POWER STRIP allergy pillow covers and our own colorful pillowcases so housekeeping doesn't mess with the allergy covers. Small travel blankets (like from an airplane, or the dollar store) so if we get chilly in the a/c, we can cover up without messing up the beds. These can be left behind if we need space to pack souvenirs for the trip home! Book lights (usually from Dollar Tree) so I can read while others are in bed. I get some food storage boxes at dollar tree, one for each person, and put their name on it. Important pocket stuff goes in here at night- keys, magic bands, cell phones, chap stick, etc- so it doesn't clutter up the table tops. That's all I can think of right now. I am sure there's more (personal hand held fan, for example)!
I love the last one...the storage for each person! Thanks!

Besides body glide is there anything else that you have found that works to prevent chaffing?

Thanks
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Besides body glide is there anything else that you have found that works to prevent chaffing?

Thanks
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Monistat makes a great anti-chaffing gel. It dries to comfortable powdery finish. You can find it in the "feminine product" section at any drugstore.

Monistat makes a great anti-chaffing gel. It dries to comfortable powdery finish. You can find it in the "feminine product" section at any drugstore.

Thanks! I had the same question she had.

This is a fabulous thread! Thank you!!

One thing I pack are straps for holding sunglasses (or regular glasses). This way when I take them off they are secure around my neck and not left somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter