I notice there is no group for Selling, just Purchasing?

eileenkeeney

Whatever
What group does one post in for questions related to Selling?
I am trying to decide if I should bank my points or rent them out (by transfer so renter can bank) before listing my contract. I do not want my contract in a state where points are lost between the time it is listed and the time the sale is complete and the new owner has access to the points.

You are in the right place. IMO, list on rent/transfer thread and you can then sell your contract after you cash in on those points. If you bank the points, the buyer will benefit not you. Good luck!

Just make sure when you talk to the Broker that you let them know the exact points you are selling, including UY and total points. Also, double check the contract that you sign and the website that the Broker uses to make sure the points are listed accurately. Most Brokers are pretty good about being accurate, but some are not. I bid on a contract on one Brokers Website only to find out that when I got the contract that the UY was not the one stated on the website and canceled the deal which wasted about 1/2 day of everyone's time.

Does anyone know how transferring a contract works? We are thinking of transferring 2 of our contracts to our adult children but have questions. Such as, what are the fees for transferring? Are there closing costs? Once transferred, the contracts would be completely owned by our children and they would be responsible for all MF’s, correct?

any info is appreciated.
TIA
Dee

Does anyone know how transferring a contract works? We are thinking of transferring 2 of our contracts to our adult children but have questions. Such as, what are the fees for transferring? Are there closing costs? Once transferred, the contracts would be completely owned by our children and they would be responsible for all MF’s, correct?

any info is appreciated.
TIA
Dee
This thread can help get you started. You can do it all yourself or have a title company help you. Our family used LT Transfers, https://www.lttransfers.com/. Their fees are very affordable.

any info is appreciated.
TIA
Dee
Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. Disney doesn’t charge anything to transfer to your kids. There are filing fees etc. with the county. And once transferred, yes your kids would be the owners and responsible for paying all MFs.

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. Disney doesn’t charge anything to transfer to your kids. There are filing fees etc. with the county. And once transferred, yes your kids would be the owners and responsible for paying all MFs.
Thank you

Thank you
Wondering….would transferring to a cousin have same charges and rules as transferring to my kids? I’ve got a cousin (and a sister for that matter) we would transfer to. I don’t want money- we do so so much for each other and it’s a small contract. We are just considering transferring, as a gift. Thanks
Dee

What group does one post in for questions related to Selling?
Selling?

We are addicts here. Talking about selling is madness! We only talk about two things: buying and adding on!

Does a heroin addict ask where he can sell his heroin?

Does a gambler ask where the cashier is so he can cash out?

Heck no.

selling… the thought is just ridiculous.

Some years ago I was going to sell, and instead, while researching selling, I ended up wanting to go again. At this point I have nieces and siblings all wanting one more trip before I sell. However, I made a promise to myself, when I bought, that if I ever lost points, due to a failure to manage them, I would sell. I am about to lose 20 points because I didn't pay attention and ended up canceling a reservation that had used the banked points, and not the one using the points from that year. I didn't notice it until I went to bank, and now there is so little availability that even if I wanted to bother with the rental process, there isn't anything available between now and the end of March.

How hard is it to add a sibling and/or niece as a co-owner? Since the reason I wanted to sell had to do with not wanting to manage the points, I have had family members offering to do this, along with insuring dues are paid. But rather than just give them my password, I would rather go the co-owner route. My older sister has friends who want to use the points, along with wanting to use some her self. However, she will likely die before me (and before the membership expires), so also having her daughter as a co-owner would make sense.

How hard is it to add a sibling and/or niece as a co-owner? Since the reason I wanted to sell had to do with not wanting to manage the points, I have had family members offering to do this, along with insuring dues are paid. But rather than just give them my password, I would rather go the co-owner route. My older sister has friends who want to use the points, along with wanting to use some her self. However, she will likely die before me (and before the membership expires), so also having her daughter as a co-owner would make sense.
I'm not sure about co-owner but if you want help managing you can add them as an Associate

I thought you could do this online but when I login my dashboard is just circling right now...

From: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/member-types#rights-privileges

"Associate"
An Associate is a person named by the Purchaser or Purchasers who is only authorized to make reservations using the Disney Vacation Club Member's Home Resort Vacation Points. Associates do not receive Membership Cards and are not entitled to the benefits and privileges that are available to a Disney Vacation Club Member.

Unless authorized by the Member, Associates may not access financial information related to the Annual Dues and/or Loan pertaining to the Disney Vacation Club Member's real estate interest.

If you're a Member and you'd like to authorize Disney Vacation Club to discuss financial-related matters with an Associate on your account, please download and complete the Associate Member Financial Authorization Form. Completed forms should be faxed to (407) 938-4117, Disney Vacation Club, Attention: Member Accounting. Or, the completed form can be mailed to:

Disney Vacation Club
Attention: Member Accounting
1851 Community Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Wondering….would transferring to a cousin have same charges and rules as transferring to my kids? I’ve got a cousin (and a sister for that matter) we would transfer to. I don’t want money- we do so so much for each other and it’s a small contract. We are just considering transferring, as a gift. Thanks
Dee

I googled "gratuitous transfer dvc" and the PDF from disney given as a result says:

"A gratuitous transfer of the ownership interest is gifted; no money or consideration is exchanged. In the transfer of real estate, a deed conveys ownership from the old owner (the grantor) to the new owner (grantee).

A Request to Change Title is a signed written request to change the way title is currently held on the deed, to add or remove another person from the Disney Vacation Club Membership records such as:

• Add or remove a spouse/former spouse; children that are of legal age of majority; parents or any other person
• Make a change due to a court order such as a divorce or property settlement agreement;
• Transfer your Ownership interest to another person;
• Make a transfer of your Ownership Interest into or out of a Trust, partnership,LLC or corporation"

I googled "gratuitous transfer dvc" and the PDF from disney given as a result says:

"A gratuitous transfer of the ownership interest is gifted; no money or consideration is exchanged. In the transfer of real estate, a deed conveys ownership from the old owner (the grantor) to the new owner (grantee).

A Request to Change Title is a signed written request to change the way title is currently held on the deed, to add or remove another person from the Disney Vacation Club Membership records such as:

• Add or remove a spouse/former spouse; children that are of legal age of majority; parents or any other person
• Make a change due to a court order such as a divorce or property settlement agreement;
• Transfer your Ownership interest to another person;
• Make a transfer of your Ownership Interest into or out of a Trust, partnership,LLC or corporation"
Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!
The thread HERE explains the procedure of adding or transferring title pretty well. You can do it yourself for minimal cost, but if you prefer a title company can do it for you, for a fee. If you want a title company, you can use any of the ones used by the timeshare resale agencies. I can recommend LT Transfers https://www.lttransfers.com/ based on personal experience.

Some years ago I was going to sell, and instead, while researching selling, I ended up wanting to go again. At this point I have nieces and siblings all wanting one more trip before I sell. However, I made a promise to myself, when I bought, that if I ever lost points, due to a failure to manage them, I would sell. I am about to lose 20 points because I didn't pay attention and ended up canceling a reservation that had used the banked points, and not the one using the points from that year. I didn't notice it until I went to bank, and now there is so little availability that even if I wanted to bother with the rental process, there isn't anything available between now and the end of March.

OMG you can totally do this. Let’s see….

1 - Did the other trip already happen, or is it upcoming? If it's upcoming, you can call MS and see if they'll reallocate the points to use the banked ones.
2 - Did your "failure to manage" happen in any way related to the global pandemic? If so, but even if not, consider giving yourself grace for this extenuating circumstance.
3 - Are your points eligible to be used for any of the less-common options like the concierge collection or RCI? You might have some option closer to home than WDW, or, if you're near WDW (or HHI), keep stalking the reservation site for rooms to come available.

You have some time to get these 20 points used, so hopefully you can find a way to use them.
Also, it sounds like you're going to add someone to your contract, so hopefully that process goes well for you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter