"I never complain - so why did Disney comp our room?" trip report! *UPDATED 10/28*

Day 2 - Part 4

So after a magical morning in DHS, we head back to POP for a rest and bite to eat at Everything POP Food Court. I love the fact that you can get frozen cokes as your drink at POP! I hadnt had one of those in years and I was in heaven!

We ordered the normal lunch food - burgers and fries. Me with a soy burger though - which was the best soy burger I have ever had! While we are getting ready to go back to the room to let G take a nap, Matthew had some business at the front desk to finish up, so Mimi, G and I went by ourselves. We snapped some pictures along the way.

Disney2008436-1.jpg

Disney2008448.jpg

We get back to the rooms and Mimi realizes she cant find her room key. We go in through my room since they are connected and she puts two and two together and realizes she left it on the tray while we were eating and Matthew threw it away.:scared: She went down to the front desk and they gave her a new one right away. No problem at all. Phew!

Your DD is too cute for words.

Im still unsure of that Beverly drink....I gotta find out what that is before Sunday! lol

Cant wait to read more.

Loving the report. Can't wait for more. Your Dd is soooo cute!!!

Thank you!! We are a little biased, but we think she is a cutie, too.

Hope you enjoy!!

Your DD is too cute for words.

Im still unsure of that Beverly drink....I gotta find out what that is before Sunday! lol

Cant wait to read more.

Thank you! I knew better than to try the Beverly - which just annoyed Matthew after he tried it. He said it was very bitter.

Day 2 - Part 5

After a much needed rest for Gianna back at POP, we head over to the Magic Kingdom!!! :banana: I am so excited. I get butterflies in my stomach when I walk down Mainstreet USA and see the castle. We finally made it and it is all decorated for Halloween! Too cute! I have never seen it decorated like this before. I love all the pumpkins!

Disney2008089.jpg

Time for a few family shots

Disney2008095.jpg

Disney2008099.jpg

G is really excited to finally be here!

Disney2008098.jpg

My touring plans are still messed up from this morning, but since there is hardly anyone at the parks, we just walk until we see something we can all do. The Magic Carpets! Just like Dumbo but with half the wait.

Disney2008107-1.jpg

Disney2008111-1.jpg

G rode with Mimi and LOVED it!! She was so happy on this ride and actually cried when it was over and we had to leave.

Matthew and I saw the wait for Splash Mountain was 5 minutes!!! So we headed over there and rode that. 5 minutes at 4 in the afternoon!! We did BTMRR next - about a 5 minute wait for that as well. The parks really were dead - I had never seen them so empty before!

Day 2 - Part 6

After riding a few rides we head over to Crystal Palace where we have ADR's for dinner. I figured we had to do at least one character dinner. We were seated a short time later and the table was decorated for my birthday! How do they know these things?? ;)

The food was pretty good. Above your standard buffet food, but still not as good as Coral Reef. I think I compared everything to CR after that first night.

Gianna's face lit up when she saw the characters. I didnt think she would be afraid, but you never know.

She actually kissed Pooh on the nose! Ahhh!! I get all teary!!!

Disney2008118-1.jpg

Poor Eeyore. He put his hands out to her and she pointed to me. He had his feelings hurt and just sat down and threw his arms up in the air!

Disney2008122-1.jpg

Why did Matthew cut the top part of Tigger's head off?

Disney2008127.jpg

We stayed for EMH that evening and had a great time. Gianna loved IASW. She fell alsleep while we were on the Haunted Mansion and didnt wake up until the next morning. She slept in her clothes!

Disney2008135-1.jpg

We had such a great day! Animal Kingdom tomorrow morning!

Day 2 - Part 5

After a much needed rest for Gianna back at POP, we head over to the Magic Kingdom!!! :banana: I am so excited. I get butterflies in my stomach when I walk down Mainstreet USA and see the castle. We finally made it and it is all decorated for Halloween! Too cute! I have never seen it decorated like this before. I love all the pumpkins!

Disney2008089.jpg

Time for a few family shots

Disney2008095.jpg

Disney2008099.jpg

G is really excited to finally be here!

Disney2008098.jpg

My touring plans are still messed up from this morning, but since there is hardly anyone at the parks, we just walk until we see something we can all do. The Magic Carpets! Just like Dumbo but with half the wait.

Disney2008107-1.jpg

Disney2008111-1.jpg

G rode with Mimi and LOVED it!! She was so happy on this ride and actually cried when it was over and we had to leave.

Matthew and I saw the wait for Splash Mountain was 5 minutes!!! So we headed over there and rode that. 5 minutes at 4 in the afternoon!! We did BTMRR next - about a 5 minute wait for that as well. The parks really were dead - I had never seen them so empty before!

I think I can see where G got her eyes - she looks like her MiMi! :wizard:

I'm enjoying reading this (adnd the food report!;) )
Your daughter is adorable, and I am partial to your mom as we have a Mimi too that goes with us on every trip to Disney. Mimi is MY grandma and Popo is my grandpa. They go with us every trip.

I was just going to post the same thing!!! I think Gianna and Mimi have exactly the same eyes, at least!!!

Great TR!!! I love all your pictures. I can't wait to hear what happens on the next to last day!

I am loving reading your reports. Your little girl is just the cutest thing.

Aw...so many great moments! I hate that her little toe was cut! Poor baby!

Glad you are getting the mini-dreams!

Love the picture of her trying the lemonade! Funny!

Pic from CP were sweet...looks like she enjoyed!

I love your TR :love: Gianna is adorable :cutie:

Thank you so much!!!

We had a complete stranger walk up to us while we were there and tell my mom that G looked just like her! My mom LOVES to hear that.

I'm enjoying reading this (adnd the food report!;) )
Your daughter is adorable, and I am partial to your mom as we have a Mimi too that goes with us on every trip to Disney. Mimi is MY grandma and Popo is my grandpa. They go with us every trip.

Isnt it great to have a Mimi to go to Disney with? :goodvibes My dad is PopPop and he is so much fun to go with, too. He had to work this time, so he couldnt make it. But he called everyday!

Your family is beautiful - i am enjoying your TR and can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much!

I was just going to post the same thing!!! I think Gianna and Mimi have exactly the same eyes, at least!!!

Great TR!!! I love all your pictures. I can't wait to hear what happens on the next to last day!

Mimi has more hazel eyes, and G has more blue eyes, but it is hard to tell in the photos. They do look a LOT alike though!

Thank you! I love seeing pictures on other TR's, so I am trying to post a lot!

I am loving reading your reports. Your little girl is just the cutest thing.

Thank you!

Aw...so many great moments! I hate that her little toe was cut! Poor baby!

Glad you are getting the mini-dreams!

Love the picture of her trying the lemonade! Funny!

Pic from CP were sweet...looks like she enjoyed!

She really did have a great time. She loved all the characters at CP. She just didnt want them to leave!

Day 3 - Part 1

Animal Kingdom was next on our list and I was very excited about this. Matthew has never been before and I have never ridden Expedition Everest before! So off we go to Animal Kingdom! We get there before the park opens since they are having EMH that morning. We go grab fastpasses for the Safari and go grab some breakfast.

I share my french toast and Matthew's eggs with G

Disney2008146.jpg

And the queen of silly faces never disappoints

Disney2008150-1.jpg

It is already HOT this morning. What is it about Animal Kingdom that makes it the hottest park of all? You would think with all the trees, it would be a little cooler.

We go on the Safari. We got to see lots of elephants - which are my favorite.

Disney2008171.jpg

We are all miserable and hot now, but we walked the beautiful trails and head over to Expedition Everest. I am so excited about this ride! :banana:

The wait wasnt long, but we grab fastpasses and sat down with another frozen lemonade.

Disney2008175.jpg

We finally head over to ride EE!! We grab a Rider Swap pass as well so Mimi can ride after we get done! The details they put into this ride are amazing. We didnt have much time to look around, but I managed to snap a few pictures.

Disney2008349.jpg

Disney2008363.jpg

We LOVED this ride!! Probably my new favorite! And the Yeti was working! I had heard that it wasnt, but he was there and took a swipe at my head. Mimi had ridden it before, so she rode again with me. She is so fun to ride with. She screams the whole time and refuses to open her eyes!

After Everest, we stop off at Yak and Yeti to grab a bite to eat and head back to POP for a much needed shower after this hot day!

Day 3 - Part 2

Gianna ended up taking a 3 hour nap! Poor baby was asleep before we left AK, stayed asleep the whole bus ride back - which was overly crowded and I had no seat, so I was trying to hold a sleeping 13 month old on one arm and hang on with the other. :headache:

We get freshened up and the touring plan had us going back to DHS. There were EMH and we had reservations at Mama Melrose's. It was raining pretty hard by the time we left for DHS. We had ponchos and put one over G's stroller, but she was much happier in the rain.

We did the Great Movie Ride, which Matthew and Gianna really enjoyed and it helped get us out of the rain. We had a spicy cheese pretzel to hold us over until dinner. It was really good.

Finally we head over to Mama Melrose's for our ADR's. It seems like I have to wait in line for a while to tell them we actually do have ADR's. I meet a nice man in line from Canada. We have an interesting political conversation.

Soon after that, we are seated. I am really hungry and excited about this meal. I am Italian, so I love Italian food!

Disney2008179.jpg

I could have eaten the roasted garlic with a spoon. I may have a little actually.

Matthew is again trying to make up for not eating meat for the last 2 years on this trip, ordered some kind of steak

Disney2008181.jpg

He loved it

I ordered a pasta with shrimp and was not impressed

Disney2008182.jpg

In the meantime, Gianna has started doing something new. It started as we were at the table eating at Mama Melrose's

She would put her hands under her chin and grin really big. It was cracking us and all the tables around us up. She loves to entertain everyone. She would then start doing it back to you if you put you hands under your chin.

Disney2008189.jpg

Disney2008184.jpg

Disney2008183.jpg

Up next....the manager comes up and says I have a phone call????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter