I need some positive vibes!

I know that we are always our own worst critic and I hope that this time, you are being very over-critical of yourself. :hug:

Please keep us posted (and, you're right, it's completely unprofessional to miss something that has been scheduled for a year).

Yeesh - I can't believe they would do that! But now you have to sit back, try to get it out of your mind, and get ready for the next big thing - Disney! When is your interview? Did you already have it? I feel like you may have said something, but I'm totally blanking right now.

I'm so sorry to hear what you went thru.. I can understand your fustration on so many levels..
Well, you know.. if you need us to round up the troops we can deploy from all areas of the country in a moments notice!!! WE can come in blaring or we can come in for our sneak attacks.. you know how alot of us love to hide in the corners until we need to come out and take care of our own!!

Keep positive thoughts and know we are all here for you!! :hug:

Ok, that hurdle's over. What will be, will be. Now, back to the practice room for you, Missy.

You guys are awesome...and you make me laugh so much!:rotfl:
Yeesh - I can't believe they would do that! But now you have to sit back, try to get it out of your mind, and get ready for the next big thing - Disney! When is your interview? Did you already have it? I feel like you may have said something, but I'm totally blanking right now.
I just had it! Just got off the phone and pulled up the DIS so I could report. I think it went really well, we talked for 32 minutes (timer on my phone) and I remembered to smile as I talked and I think I had a nice balance of being full of myself vs sounding like a human being. ;) I am pretty self confident in all other areas of life besides violin! I talked about how awesome I would be in the dramatic attractions roles and as a PhotoPass photog, so we'll see, hopefully soon!

Yay! Sounds great! I can't wait for you to hear back... now I'm going to be asking you about purple mail every day instead of my mom. :rotfl:

So, some awesome news, and some meh news.

They finally gave me a decision about my hearing, and I am not up to the level of a master's student, so I have to play a closed recital for them at the end of the semester. This means only faculty, no family and friends to cheer me on. However, I do get to pass and get my degree, and I can plan my own recital after I complete theirs. It was very difficult at first, which is why no update, but now I think I can handle it all.

The great news is that I just heard back from Disney (unexpectedly, I was figuring on a Friday) and I got selected for Transportation in the Fall. I was really hoping for Attractions like Danica or Photopass, but I actually think this will be a lot of fun, and I'm glad that it's a role where I can still wear my medic alert bracelet. And, of course, I have my fingers crossed for monorail pilot! Thanks all for your support during this time, I really appreciate it, and I hope I can meet some of you down there!

:hug: Sorry the music news wasn't as good as you had hoped.

:cheer2: For Disney news though. :cheer2:

Does this mean like buses, boats, trams and maybe monorails?

Im sorry that "they" didnt think you were as good as masters but sometimes those artsy folks dont know what they;re talking about. We all think your great and at least you get to choose some of your own music.:flower3:

Transportation should be fun! and you'll get to meet all kinds of people who think you're job is awesome and get to share your love for WDW!
Congrats!:yay:

I do believe that good things come to those who wait... and your time will come, for sure ! Congrats on your Transportation bid, we'll be watching for you.:banana:

Congratulations on the Disney job!

Sorry that you can't have a big recital but at least you are able to finish your degree.

Rebecca

Congrats!!!! Danica is here (scrapping!) and is reading over my shoulder.

She wants to know what your arrival date is for the CP...

I sent her a PM! I'm arriving on the 30th like her...roomies maybe?;)

All the new CPers! :goodvibes

Since you are interested in monorails, you should drop Disneyland_Emily, she of the 365 Disney Style fame, a PM. Monorails was one of the two places she worked while on the CP (Rock n Roller Coaster the other). I know working monorails didn't exactly match up with her dream, and after having an awesome team at RnRC. I don't know how much things might have changed since then, but I know she's got eyes&ears 'round the property to get the scoop.

And I hear it from my Mom too, but sometimes (a lot of times) working for the Mouse, means getting stuck in a mousetrap. Your managers and co-workers may have different expectations than you do, and it can be a bit eye opening.

So here's to hoping that you (and Danica) end up on a really awesome team, with really awesome people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter