I need some advice on booking fast passes this Monday for a couple of days of my trip. AK and HS.

edk35

DIS Veteran
Thanks for any help!!! My fast pass window is Monday the 6th.

So here is how our trip days look like for our March trip:
Sat. MK, Sun. AK, Mon. EC, Tues. HS, Wed. AK, Thurs. MK, Fri. HS (we plan on hopping to EC some evenings)
So I am thinking to book the end of my trip fast passes first. Should I grab Friday HS first or Wed. AK first? Should I then grab HS Tuesday next or should I grab AK Sunday next? Yikes!!! We have not been since all the Star Wars stuff opened. I read that NOT to book a fast pass time in HS until two hours after opening and try and rope drop Toy Story Land. Thanks!!!!

Thanks....so start with day 7 and work my way back.
sort of. SDD and FOP are the two hardest to get FPs. SDD has become tougher recently. So I would lock those in first, then the next toughest would probably be 7DMT. Then you can mess around and see if you luck out with FOP on your other AK day for example. Then fill in everything else based on your priorities.

sort of. SDD and FOP are the two hardest to get FPs. SDD has become tougher recently. So I would lock those in first, then the next toughest would probably be 7DMT. Then you can mess around and see if you luck out with FOP on your other AK day for example. Then fill in everything else based on your priorities.
Thanks!!! We don't really care about Mine Train so that is good!!! Thanks again!!

I read it’s real hard to get FOP without 60 +4. I was trying to get 60 + 1 and hope for a late FOP in evening. How lic
kely is this?

I agree with going for SDD first (I couldn’t get it before 60+5 last week of February)
I would have been able to get FOP at 60+1 but it was an evening time and we Wanted morning Fastpass
Good luck!

We got FOP at 60+4 which is January 24. We couldn't get SDD until HS modified their hours, then we got that 60+2 at 9am.

Was FOP avail earlier in week but during evening hours? How early before 1/24 did HS change hours? When they did - did it open earlier fast pass times? I arrive 4/2 and want to do MK and AK on 4/3. On 4/7 I will be at beach club and was going to do HS and Epcot. I plan on trying to book FOP first and then go to 60 + 6 to book SDD and then go back. I really appreciate all your help. Is it wise to try to book SDD and try to grab BP and had to Smugglers Run? I know MMRR will be open too and my kids adore toy story mania. What’s the best plan?

I would also think about booking a DVC tour from DAK. I have no idea if this is true, however in December I was told by a CM that we could have gotten $150 in cash and three anytime FP that even worked on FOP. It was our last day in WDW, the only one I could book a FP for FOP, so there was no way I could work a DVC tour in, however had I known this, I woudl certainly have considered it. Again, I have no first hand knowledge it the FP actually would work on FOP, but he was adamant that they would

Was FOP avail earlier in week but during evening hours? How early before 1/24 did HS change hours? When they did - did it open earlier fast pass times? I arrive 4/2 and want to do MK and AK on 4/3. On 4/7 I will be at beach club and was going to do HS and Epcot. I plan on trying to book FOP first and then go to 60 + 6 to book SDD and then go back. I really appreciate all your help. Is it wise to try to book SDD and try to grab BP and had to Smugglers Run? I know MMRR will be open too and my kids adore toy story mania. What’s the best plan?
Hmm I don't remember. I chose my fastpasses November 12. When I picked FOP for our 60+4 it didn't have morning hours, but it had all afternoon and evening available .We picked 2:25-3:25 for our time. HS changed their hours on December 11, and it seemed as if alot of fastpasses got released. We were able to pick a 9am time for 60+2. We originally were going to stay for 6 days and do HS twice, so we were also able to pick a SDD on the 60+5 day for mid-morning...but since we are doing a shorter trip now I cancelled it.

I would also think about booking a DVC tour from DAK. I have no idea if this is true, however in December I was told by a CM that we could have gotten $150 in cash and three anytime FP that even worked on FOP. It was our last day in WDW, the only one I could book a FP for FOP, so there was no way I could work a DVC tour in, however had I known this, I woudl certainly have considered it. Again, I have no first hand knowledge it the FP actually would work on FOP, but he was adamant that they would

I'm thinking here that the CM telling you that an anytime FP+ from a DVC tour would work for FoP is a classic case of misinformation being given by a CM (unless this is a recent change - but I doubt it).

I'm thinking here that the CM telling you that an anytime FP+ from a DVC tour would work for FoP is a classic case of misinformation being given by a CM (unless this is a recent change - but I doubt it).

I would have booked it because I wanted to see Riviera if we had the time. If I had done so, I would have expected the FP to work as promised or I would have made one quick trip to guest services and corrected that broken promise. I only mention it because if it is an offer I would want people who are at least interested in DVC to ask for it, but also want to be sure I share that I have no first hand knowledge of he outcome.

We couldn't get SDD at 60+4 for March 4-that is the opening of Runaway Railway though. This was right at 7 am on our fast pass day, last Wednesday, New Year's Day. Who knew that many people would get up early after a night of partying!! Yeah, anyone going to Disney!

We couldn't get SDD at 60+4 for March 4-that is the opening of Runaway Railway though. This was right at 7 am on our fast pass day, last Wednesday, New Year's Day. Who knew that many people would get up early after a night of partying!! Yeah, anyone going to Disney!
Do you think they will offer a FP for Runaway Railway between now and March?

Do you think they will offer a FP for Runaway Railway between now and March?
It wasn't offered as a choice for our trip-most folks "in the know" think boarding groups may be used for this attraction as well. We plan on arriving early and trying to join a RotR boarding group as we power walk to MMRR! I am pretty sure it won't be anything like RotR opening day, but we plan on a 90 minute wait for MMRR at least, even being near the front of the pack. if boarding groups are in effect for that as well, then we'll queue up for Slinky Dog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter