• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need knowledge..

cyndibelle

<font color=green>A new and improved tag for a new
ok...we have fallen in love with disneyworld..and been there quite a few times..now i thought it would be cool to venture to disneyland..but i have no clue of where to start...or anything..disneyworld i know like the back of my hand now..sooo...how does disneyland compare to disneyworld in price and how to they differ as far as parks go..and how do you get around...and ..and ..ok just start from the beginning and tell me everything i need to know....

Let me start you off with this ariel view.
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

As you can see The Disneyland resort is in the middle of suburbia and is extremely compact. There are only three Disney Hotels and they are fun and nice but you can save a load of money by staying just across the street and walking over. The two parks entrances face eachother and are only a 30 second walk from each other. If it is in your budget the Grand Californian is a great place and the location can't be beat. There are not nearly as many fun places to eat inside the parks as at WDW. Generally the Blue Bayou at Disneyland is THE place to eat and it is great for atmospherewhile the food is just okay. You can get a Monte Christo there. Prices are similar to everything at WDW.

thanks for the info..is there a downtown disney there ??

Yes, there is. If you go to Disneyland.com, and go to Downtown Disney, it will show you some of the stores and restaurants there.

Everything you need to know about Disneyland, you will find here! :disrocks:

Downtown Disney is located between Disneyland, The Grand Californian Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel. When you walk from any of the Disne Hotels to The Parks you have to go through Downtown Disney.

wow it seems so compact compared to disneyworld...now the question is....is disneyland as good as disneyworld..i mean we love disneyworld..do you think we would be disappointed in disneyworld ???

No, it is not as good. It costs more and you get less "magic". (When you can see the surrounding hotels from the top of the Mattehorn, you lose the magic... when exit and entrance lines overlap, you lose the magic, when you encourter heaps of daytrippers, mostly teens, you lose the magic, when the hotels and eateies are just ordinary, you lose the magic) On the other hand, you don't need as much time to see it and its not so blasted humid. I grew up with Disneyland and love it, but WDW is a much better value in my opinion.

I had heard people say that I would be disappointed in DL after visiting WDW so much. I wasn't at all!

Most of the classic Disney rides (POC, HM, IASW, etc...) are better at DL. I loved the convenience of everything being in walking distance. California Adventure seems to get a bad rap a lot, but I really like it. Its seems to have a fun overall atmosphere. I dont know, maybe I like it because I'm not from CA, so getting that CA feeling is different. I really enjoyed a lot of the rides there.

The Aladdin show beats any show at WDW, hands down...and I a big fan of all those WDW shows. Watching Remember...Dreams Come True from the hub at Main St even beats out Wishes(Im a huge fan of Wishes too).

Yes, overall the Disneyland Resort is smaller than WDW, and there is less to do. But there is plenty to keep you busy for 4-5 days easily.

For someone who said they would probably never go to Disneyland, I have my 3rd trip in 7 months planned. :earseek:

Going to Disneyland is just as fun as going to WDW but it is much smaller and less all encompassing. I grew up on Disneyland and didn;t get to WDW until I was 40. I love WDW (will be there in two weeks) but I also love Disneyland. Disneyland is for shorter trips while WDW is for Looonnggg trips. It is great fun to see how similar yet different Disneyland and The magic Kindom are. It is also great to be in the park that Walt designed and built. I am not a huge fan of DCA but it has some good points and you can spend a whole day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter