pickledmom

Earning My Ears
I have waited almost 9 hours between two desperate attempts to register for dad my trip is in less than a week and when I’ve called sobbing and asking for help because it seems unreasonable to ask a guest to be on hold by their computer almost 9 hours they said they couldn’t do anything. I can keep my kids home from school to try again or just register in person. But the whole point of the online thing was to not have to wait in lines because of my kids needs. I do t mind waiting my turn for a ride but waiting in the actual line is a true hardship for us. It was the reason we wanted to go to Disney over another place because of this service. My kids were having a meltdown during the first call after 3.5 hours and my husband wasn’t home from work to help and I ended up missing when they came on. I tried to today when he could help and I waited over 5 hours and they just turned it off because it was 10 their time.
I get my families is no body important and Disney doesn’t have to care but it is still upsetting to be shown your time has no value to them so explicitly.
I didn’t tell any of that to the cast members of course, it isn’t their fault but I feel it and just needed to say it out loud.
This is our first family vacation since COVID anywhere and it will be my last with Disney. I love Disney but this is so stressful. I want to add that this isn’t the first time I’ve been on hold with Disney for this trip. I’ve logged about 14 hours on hold over magic bands, number of park days and hotel room issues. Wrong names printed, one of guests was dropped by accident on their from trying to add an extra day to the trip. Every step has been hard. I don’t know what to do or who to talk to. Does anyone have any advice?

I am sorry it is so stressful! Many folks just register in person once they are at the parks.

I do prefer doing it online and usually try first thing in the morning. I did this a week ago Saturday and was on at 7 am MT (so missed the opening at 7 am ET) and waited just over 2 hours. My son is the DAS holder, so I have to do it at a time when he is home, but he usually watches videos/plays games while I monitor my laptop and log back in periodically when it kicks me out. It's a pain but worth it to me.

I do really wish they provided a time estimate when you are waiting. I'm sure it is just a coincidence, but they always come on when I hop in the shower, start cooking lunch, etc.

I hope you have an easier time if you try online again, but if not, maybe plan to just do it once you are there.

If you can get on a little before 7 to accept the terms and conditions and chick the chat button right at 7am I think that's the best way to limit the wait time. My niece did it this morning and waited about a half hour for the video chat. Even if you need to do the advanced selections later or don't do them at all it seems to cut the wait for the video chat if you go right on at their opening time. Good luck!

This is how modern Disney operates. They used to have whole leadership conferences on how great their customer service is, and now this. Good news is once you are set up, everything is just on the computer.

Every post here about doing the advance DAS, including the sticky, says to do it at opening time, so that seems like a place to start.

The 14 hours on hold about Magicbands and hotel rooms could have been done by the travel agent, that's their job.

If you don't have the time to do the online registration, which unfortunately many don't, don't bother with the stress. Just do it at the park. It would take one thing more off your plate and let you focus getting into vacation mode. A disney vacation is stressful enough without adding this to it.

When you arrive go to any park guest services BUT MK and do your DAS then. You can take the bus over and do it at the outside guest services window. If you want to do it in park bypass the guest services building and go to a blue umbrella to get the DAS.

This may be one of those times we just admit something is stupid and doesn't work for us, and move on to the next option. In person the longest wait we get for guest services is usually like 5-10 minutes. We are at guest services at park opening every day we go because we need a hearing assistance device (rented per day). It's really not that bad.
Honestly, preregistering added park stress for us too. We figure we would just register for the couple things we needed, but then the fact that they were scheduled was worse than if we used the system when we were ready on the day of.

No need to stress. Simply visit Guest Services or any of the many blue umbrellas/Guest Assistance locations throughout WDW upon arrival. It is very quick and easy to register for DAS on location. I am a DAS user who is a local and Annual Passholder, so I re-register every 60 days. Typically no wait/line and only takes me maybe 2 to 5 minutes to stop by an umbrella and do the registration inside of the parks.

For my WDW trips, I do pre-register. I think I have done it 3 times now and have had luck every single time calling on a Friday afternoon. I usually start it on my IPAD and continue working and when the person comes on, I just switch over to my IPAD for the call. On my 3 attempts, I think my longest was last month at about 25-30 minutes maybe.

Or for Disneyland, I just do my registrations in the park. I am local and have to renew every 60 days. It really usually only takes a few minutes. Some days I renew at City Hall and others I find the umbrella cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter