I need a new park bag. What do you use??

I second the vote for a drawstring bag. This year was the fourth year in a row I've used this, and I love it. I guess if you need a lot of compartments for things it wouldn't work well. I enjoy traveling the parks as light as humanly possible, and the drawstring bag is light and doesn't have thick straps, which I love.

Back in the day, I was the Fanny-pack master! That was all I ever carried and it was really great, but I had to give it up and get with the times :)

I also usually bring a drawstring bag because it's small enough that you can find everything and it isn't heavy, plus it's also large enough to carry everything you need

last time I used a small cross-body bag, and my collar bones and shoulders were killing me by the end, even after switching back and forth between sides (plus it kept chafing my hip where it was rubbing) this time I want to get a mini backpack to distribute the weight more evenly.

PS - instead of a lot of compartments, use gallon size (or whatever size works for you) ziplock bags for things like fresh socks and phone chargers that you don't want to get wet.

I use a Dooney crossbody (got it ages ago at a discount!) It might be smaller than you need it to be, but it's perfect for what I need - small card holder, rechargable phone battery, sunglasses, chapstick, DH's inhaler, even my magic band if I don't feel like wearing it. I use a Vera Bradley crossbody as my everyday purse back home and that's even bigger, so I can definitely recommend that for the parks.

A small, drawstring backpack for me... Practically zero weight and a small. For the ladies out there, I see a lot of women using the Kavu sling purse.

My Dooney and Bourke Disney bag is great (the crossbody one?) and it doesn't trap the heat on my back like a backpack or drawstring bag does.

My mom and I use a Vera Bradley hipster (Disney patterned, of course). You'd be surprise at how much can be put into them. This trip I carried my phone (in a pocket on the inside), a full size wallet, my autograph book which was larger than the standard ones the park sells, and occasionally sunglasses when I wasn't wearing them. I also had miscellaneous small things on the zip pockets on the outside. My mom did switch to the purchase with purchase backpack which was smaller than an average backpack part way through simply because she isn't always fond of the cross body strap.

They're back baby! Break that fanny O-U-T, OUT!
LOL! i always carried a crossbody, like a vera hipster, but the last 2 trips i carried a fanny pack!! i put it sort of toward the side so it looks less dorky ( maybe) but i have to tell you , it was sooooo much more comfy. my shoulders were so much happier. so that's the deal, i'm one of those fanny pack people now. i actually just ordered another one , it's high sierra, to try the next time out. i actually considered the ones that hold water bottles but just couldn't go that far. i think i will probably either carry my water bottle or use a carabiner.

Ijust purchased a kavu rope bag. As my kids are getting older (7,11,&16), I am trying to down size to something just small enough to hold my camera, wallet, and sunscreen. I'll be trying it out at Busch Gardens as soon as it gets here, so I will definitely let you know how it holds up for me.
https://lifeviewoutdoors.com/product/kavu-rope-bag-orchid
Can I just say ... Oooh, I like that bag!!!

I use a Baggalini cross body sling. It's a cross between a purse and a backpack. Fits my sort of large camera, sunscreen, and other park essentials. But this rope bag has now got me thinking that I may need to find a back-up bag.
Hmmmm.

I have a LeSportsac bag, it's ideal because you could put that sucker right in the washing machine after it gets gross at the parks! I also have a big one as a carry on for our plane rides.

LOL, try it SD. Listen believe you me, I know about high maintenance. traveling with me can be like traveling with Cleopatra on her barge, I take everything. Besides the fact that I go in August when it's Africa hot...

One year I went right after having surgery on my shoulder and couldn't carry a bag on doctors advice. wooza how great was that. lol, now I'm a "few things in my pocket and water bottle gal". love not having to go through bag check.

Same here. I used to carry a cross-body bag with everything we could possibly need in it. Then one trip we went to DTD in the morning to do some shopping and I didn't take my park bag with me. I just used a small pouch that I wore around my neck that held our KTTW cards and my credit card. While we were in DTD, we decided to head straight to AK rather than go back to the hotel. I panicked....how could I go there WITHOUT MY BAG????? Amazingly, I survived. And I didn't need anything that I didn't have with me. I did still use my "security blanket" bag at the parks the rest of the week but I noticed that I never used anything more than our park tickets, my Disney Visa, and some tissues. So that was the end of my park bag. Now I take a tiny crossbody bag (the size of a deck of cards) that holds my phone, Disney Visa, Driver's license, a little cash, and a few tissues. It's small enough to fit in my pocket so we can go through the no bag entrance. It's so freeing to not lug a bag around the parks any more. I've survived 2 trips (total of 14 park days) with just my tiny bag....I'll never go back to the big one.

I tried out my Kavu rope bag this week at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and I loved it. I carried my wallet, sunscreen, and phone with plenty of room to spare. It was much lighter and more convenient than the full size backpack I used to carry.

What is the Kavu bag made of - is it water resistant? It looks like an absorbing kind of cloth? We seem to get rained on a lot at WDW, and splashed, so I like my bags to be a bit waterproof...

Thanks for this thread guys! I just ordered the Eddie Bauer bag linked in this thread. Our backpack has made many a trip and died on our 2-week trip to Europe. We've got Disney planned for October so I'm hoping we'll like the bag. With the promo code AUGUST and logging into ShopRunner for free shipping, it was $16 shipped. Not bad. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter