I need a new park bag. What do you use??

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
So we just got back from a whirlwind short trip to WDW and the backpack I was using was NOT cutting it. It was a Jansport that just had a big compartment that ended up being a black hole and I couldn't find a thing quickly. I'm looking at this one on eBay, but $65 seems a little $$?? Maybe that's cheap... I haven't bought a backpack in a number of years. We like to bring our lunch with us in a small soft-sided cooler to the park, and usually store that inside the backpack, but this one actually attaches TO the bag, which would make security easier to get through quickly. In any case, which back do you carry around? Not carrying a bag is not an option for us. No kids, just two high maintenance adults :rotfl:

We use an LL Bean Backpack- one big compartment where I keep changes of clothes for the kids, ponchos, and water. One Medium compartment where I put sunscreen, pens, autograph books. One small compartment- battery pack for phone charging, phone cords. It has worked well for us. I also carry a Vera Bradley mini hipster for my ID, CC, cash, and phone.

I use an Eddie Bauer kids backpack. The adult ones are a bit too big for my frame and had more space than I needed. It's got a large main compartment, a front compartment with some smaller pockets, a mesh front pocket, a top pocket that can hold my phone or other small items, and two side water bottle pockets. The big pocket does become a little bit of a black hole, but I just keep things I might access more often in other specific pockets. Mostly I keep a bag with my extra pins/lanyards, sunblock, and if it might be chilly a long sleep shirt.

We use an LL Bean Backpack- one big compartment where I keep changes of clothes for the kids, ponchos, and water. One Medium compartment where I put sunscreen, pens, autograph books. One small compartment- battery pack for phone charging, phone cords. It has worked well for us. I also carry a Vera Bradley mini hipster for my ID, CC, cash, and phone.

Wait a minute.....are you sure you're not me???

I use a mini backpack when I'm walking around on vacation. I found it to be the perfect size to fit a few necessary items (phone, camera, wallet, water bottle, and possibly a spare shirt if we're planning on getting wet) while not being to large and cumbersome. Since the bag is small there's less likelyhood of things ending on top of one another or at least for the smaller items like wallet or phone there's a shorter distance to search for the bottom of the bag.

Cargo shorts. Yeah, I look a little bulky, but I don't have to carry a bag on my back.

You should have seen me- I got so tired of fishing my water bottle out of my backpack that I just stuck the darn thing in my shorts pocket. Looked ridiculous, but I didn't care- it was hot and I needed it at arm's reach. And my shorts were no way cargo, but that would have been helpful! HA!

I use an Eddie Bauer kids backpack. The adult ones are a bit too big for my frame and had more space than I needed. It's got a large main compartment, a front compartment with some smaller pockets, a mesh front pocket, a top pocket that can hold my phone or other small items, and two side water bottle pockets. The big pocket does become a little bit of a black hole, but I just keep things I might access more often in other specific pockets. Mostly I keep a bag with my extra pins/lanyards, sunblock, and if it might be chilly a long sleep shirt.

Great idea! Are the shoulder straps long enough to be comfortable?

I always do a drawstring bag because I am so small. We carry a platypus water bottle, couple snacks, jacket and portable cell phone charger. I have carried one of these for 13 hours straight and no issues. I tend to try to go for something with the thicker strings. Here is my current one:

img-thing

So we just got back from a whirlwind short trip to WDW and the backpack I was using was NOT cutting it. It was a Jansport that just had a big compartment that ended up being a black hole and I couldn't find a thing quickly. I'm looking at this one on eBay, but $65 seems a little $$?? Maybe that's cheap... I haven't bought a backpack in a number of years. We like to bring our lunch with us in a small soft-sided cooler to the park, and usually store that inside the backpack, but this one actually attaches TO the bag, which would make security easier to get through quickly. In any case, which back do you carry around? Not carrying a bag is not an option for us. No kids, just two high maintenance adults :rotfl:

LOL, try it SD. Listen believe you me, I know about high maintenance. traveling with me can be like traveling with Cleopatra on her barge, I take everything. Besides the fact that I go in August when it's Africa hot...

One year I went right after having surgery on my shoulder and couldn't carry a bag on doctors advice. wooza how great was that. lol, now I'm a "few things in my pocket and water bottle gal". love not having to go through bag check.

I like a light bag. On my last trip, I carried a purse sized Coach backpack, but I think I am going back to the Ameribag (Healthy Back Bag) for the next trip.

I prefer a messenger bag. Backpacks make my back sweat way too much. With a messenger bag I can comfortably carry it a variety of ways, switching around to let any parts that get too hot air out.

I use a small cross body. The Vera mini hipster is great if you don't carry that much. If you bring water bottles, ponchos, maps, etc. a drawstring would be a good idea because I find backpacks too hot to carry around at Disney.

I have a smallish Baggalini criss body bag that I used 2 trips ago. Last time with Magic Bands and DD in a stroller we skipped using any bags. So nice not to do bag check. But this time i think it'll be the Baggalini again since it's just DS and I.

I have a Sakroots purse/backpack. I bring my big Thermos mug and Can add my foldable Cane in it when i go in an attraction or when i sit downtown to eat. Buyed at Winners (good deal!)

image.jpg I've had a "Goldilocks" experience with backpacks...

#1 was great with pockets but too heavy
#2 was cute but hurt my back after awhile

Now, I'm trying this one. $20 at Sam's Club. Great pockets, felt comfortable on my back, neutral color & lightweight. Hoping it works!

Ugh, good luck! Every yr I "need" a new bag b/c the yr before it was too "something". Last yr I bought a Vera Bradley tennis bag. It's a one strap crossbody backpack. I carry a big heavy DSLR camera around w/ a heavy multi-purpose lense. The foam insert from my camera bag fits in the main compartment perfectly. Then I have room for all the stuff I "think" I have to carry w/ us for 2 adults and 2 kids. I really like it. It it killed my back. Not the bags fault, the lens on my camera's fault. This yr I just want one of the Vans Disney backpacks. However, I'm running out of time to get it here. Need to see if Amazon has them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter