I met an Imagineer!!

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
I went to the opening of the Disneyland Paris Studios on March 16th, and met an Imagineer (actually, I met two of them, but never found out what the second one did).

This man (whose name escapes me) directs the movies used at the parks, such as the one in Cranium Command, and Cinemagique in Paris. He was also responsible for putting together the clips before the Great Movie Ride. I told him his job sounded wonderful, and he just smiled. He told me about how time consuming it was to get the rights for the Great Movie Ride (he needed to get the rights for each clip used that was not a Disney film), and that Cinemagique was particularly hard because they actually manipulated the film clips. Cinemagique is a 25-minute movie with Martin Short appearing in various film clips. I wish I had met this Imagineer after I saw the movie because I would love to know how it was done (I imagine Pixar had a lot to do with it). I am a legal secretary, and unfortunately for me, I learned that most of Disney's legal work is done in Burbank (which sucks because I live in New York).

I wanna be an Imagineer!!!

(BTW, trip report on DLP to be posted shortly ...)

That's so cool. I would love to be an Imagineer!

Wow, that's really cool! If you want to learn more about imagineering, go to imagineering.org
It's a great site with a tone of information regarding becoming an imagineer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter