I made a mommy mistake :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotprincess

Love all of WDW, but Epcot is my happy place!
This is a shameless plea for help... I'm hoping that someone out there is willing to sprinkle some dis magic and help this mommy out.

DH and I had ordered my DD an embroidered pillowcase with Ariel and our Dream sail dates on it to be autographed on the cruise we just went on. I thought I had packed it, but much to my dismay, I realized while onboard that it was NOT in my suitcase after all-- it had been taken out accidentally. :( This was supposed to be a special gift for my DD's new Ariel-themed "big girl" room since we hope to have another child soon who will get her nursery. I was thinking it would make her more excited about the transition.

I am hoping someone who has a cruise coming up and is planning to drop some things off at guest services to be autographed wouldn't mind throwing my DD's pillowcase in with their things and then mailing it back to me. I would, of course, pay for any shipping incurred and I would be forever indebted to you for helping me make this right.

Thanks for listening!

Here's a solution from a mommy who takes the easy way out: find out what the sigs are supposed to look like (I bet there are some photos on this board) and practice copying them at home. Then sign on the pillowcase. That's what I would do--and I suspect my own 6-year-old would never know!

we are leaving tomorrow, wish we had a little more time and we could have helped you out.

Here's a solution from a mommy who takes the easy way out: find out what the sigs are supposed to look like (I bet there are some photos on this board) and practice copying them at home. Then sign on the pillowcase. That's what I would do--and I suspect my own 6-year-old would never know!

If no one takes you up on your request I can scan a framed photo I have of everyone's signatures. (I am not sailing until February 2012 sorry.)

I would GLADLY do it but we dont sail until Nov 17. If you wouldn't mind waiting, I would have no problem helping another mommy out!

We sail on Oct 16th if you haven't found anyone to help you out. :)

I was planning on doing pillowcases for my three girls, so adding one more shouldn't be a problem. :)

Here's a link to a picture with princess autographs. I've seen others online that are the individual autographs in separate files that may be better to use. you can always print and transfer or trace them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/partyhare/4201289977/

My daughter would be upset that Aurora's name isn't on there ;)

We don't sail again until next year or I'd take it. Sorry.

I am on the Magic on Oct 15. PM me if you want me to get it signed for you.

Don't worry - it will all work out :)

It looks like several others sail before we do, but if it is not worked out by Nov. 1st, we sail on the 20th, and want to plan time for mail, etc. PM and let me know.

I can assure we have all made little mistakes like this, and so glad it can be resolved with just the help of others! That was good thinking to ask!

Congrats on the planning and arrival of another child! Best of luck and wishes to you guys!

Hi there,

We're sailing on the Dream Oct. 30th so if something doesn't work out with anyone else, let me know and I'll be happy to assist. PM if you need to.

This is a shameless plea for help... I'm hoping that someone out there is willing to sprinkle some dis magic and help this mommy out.

DH and I had ordered my DD an embroidered pillowcase with Ariel and our Dream sail dates on it to be autographed on the cruise we just went on. I thought I had packed it, but much to my dismay, I realized while onboard that it was NOT in my suitcase after all-- it had been taken out accidentally. :( This was supposed to be a special gift for my DD's new Ariel-themed "big girl" room since we hope to have another child soon who will get her nursery. I was thinking it would make her more excited about the transition.

I am hoping someone who has a cruise coming up and is planning to drop some things off at guest services to be autographed wouldn't mind throwing my DD's pillowcase in with their things and then mailing it back to me. I would, of course, pay for any shipping incurred and I would be forever indebted to you for helping me make this right.

Thanks for listening!

So, ummm..... unless you have had other things signed by Ariel in the past that she can compare it to, I am not really sure you need to actually have a pillowcase sent to the ship to have Ariel sign in. Ariel could swim by your house and sign it with the assistance of the above photos, couldn't she?

Of course you will tell your daughter it was signed onboard --- and we won't tell. :wizard:

That said, if you think it needs to be signed onboard, we leave in 3 weeks. Drop me a PM. We have no kids and will not be dropping anything off for signatures so I am not concerned about "limits" being an issue.

HTH,
Dreams

We are sailing 10/19-Dream and would love to help. I will be dropping one off for my son so one more not hurt. PM if intetested.

I would like to send out a big THANKS to everyone with offers to help regarding the pillowcase and those with ideas on how to sign it-- there are so many great people on the Dis! I have contacted one of the volunteers on this thread and am excited to have it signed on board. I know my DD will cherish it and it will be the perfect accessory in her new "big girl" room. Many thanks and much appreciation to all! I only hope I can pay it forward soon. :wizard:

Just an FYI, when we were on the Dream in July we were limited to 2 items total to be autographed, per room (regardless of how many people were in the room). YMMV depending on the CM who accepts your items.

Since the OP has gotten her request fulfilled I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter