I made a duct tape FE

Daniellenbella

Mouseketeer
I'm really excited by the way it came out so I thought I would share :cool1:, hope that's ok! I cannot sew so I made it out of duct tape since my DD has so much of it!

I used a paper bag as the foundation and had some white mickey decals left over from my door magnets that I made. I'm really excited by the way it came out! :yay: Just realized I already said that, can you tell I'm excited??!!

IMG_0360.jpg

Absolutely love it!!! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

The Techie's on the boards, and those onboard would appreciate it too!

1,000,001 uses for duct tape!

Very good job!

Ex Techie :)

I must admit when I read the thread I knew it would be a mess, but it looks FANTASTIC!!! You did a Great Job love the Zebra print, Now you will need to get ready to post instructions on how to ......

I love it, it looks great.

Hmmm....do I see an updated duct tape episode on Myth Busters?:rotfl2:

Kevin

That looks great!

My DD made a dress out of duct tape a few years ago. It was really cool. Creative minds can come up with many uses for duct tape.

:lmao: thats awesome....would have never ever thought about making one out of DT....I cant sew worth a lick either so I used fabric glue and it came out great....but DT....genius!

Do you think you could post directions?

I am sure a few fellow disers might like to try to make one too.

Why didn't I think of that? LOL I just purchased another one on ebay since I can't find the one I purchased last year.

DH wants to do a FE that looks like a fish.:confused3 :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody! I got the idea when someone on my cruise meet board was joking around saying that she was going to have to hold hers together using duct tape b/c the glue wasn't sticking for some reason.

Please don't steal it! It'd be pretty easy to steal even with a zip tie on it. ;)

As for directions:

I measured out and cut up a brown paper grocery bag 24" x 8" (with the duct tape edging it's a little over, now 8 1/4" across, hope it fits!)
Covered it from top to bottom with white strips of DT overlapping slightly
The pockets are 5 1/2"(L) x 6"(W). I made them by overlapping white strips, back to back. However, now that I think about it, you could also use a paper bag and just cover it the same way. I then used the zebra tape over top of the white. I like the pattern since it doesn't show the lines of the strips of tape. Then put on the decals.
To attach the pockets simply rip strips of white DT and attach the right, left, and bottom sides of the pocket. I overlapped the zebra by 1/4 inch. I didn't attach it flat, but tried to puff it out a bit to make more of a pocket that could hold bulkier items so I attached the left side, then moved the right side in slightly and attached, then the bottom.
Then I edged it with the red DT.
To make the "string" I ripped off a really long strip of red, folded it over length wise several times and attached to the back, again using more DT.

There are several little imperfections. If I made it again, I would measure it out to make sure the pockets are evenly spaced, I just eyeballed these. And I would leave the strips I used to attach the pockets full width, these I cut in half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter