I Made A Big Mistake With PRICELINE

MAKmom

<marquee><font color=peach>*Caution* thinks all p
I think I ruined my Aug vacation. My husband & I started playing with Priceline today. We have ressie for ASMusic Aug 9.....but we thought we could get a deal at DD. I thought the zone I pick was only Disney property. I did not pick the Kissiimmee zone....BUT I was given a Kissimmee hotel. Renaissance World Gate. $49.00 a night. I'm sick. I still have 4 days at the ASMusic to go to. I called & begged they said too bad. :(

Can you afford to just pay for the priceline reservation even if you don't use it? That's what I would do.

Renaissance World Gate

It's not ruined. You are offsite and you may not have regular bus service (it does mention complimentary transportation). But, the resort is a division of Marriott. It looks very nice and it really isn't very far from the All-Star location. Hopefully, you were already planning on having a car. And you learned about using Priceline.

After looking at PamOKW's link I agree with her. It is close to the All Stars and it's obviously more upper scale than the All Stars. Combine that with an awesome price and as long as you have a car it sounds like you may have improved upon your trip!

Thanks Pam & Donna. Yes, I could afford it & the brat in me wants to do that. I was just at BWI & AKL for 10 days in June. This is supposed to be a cheap Aug trip. The new plan will have to include a car....any suggestions? The good thing is if we rent a car I will really know my way around & DH can drop me of at ASMusic before he goes to the Airport. BUT I am a BRAT & I want to tell my husband I don't want to go there. But he says it is going to be fine...my bloodpressure is so high right now. I am really getting addicted to this board & Disney in general. MY dh thinks I'm having a mid-life crisis. 39 soon. But he says its a safe crisis.:(

I had a similar problem with Priceline once, where I chose a particular area of Manhattan and they gave us a different zone on the other end of Manhattan. I first called Priceline and they told me the same thing, basically "tough luck for you". I then called Amex and explained to them what happened, i.e. that they did not give me the area I had specifically chosen. They reversed the charge and credited me on the spot.

Usually, a credit card company such as Amex or VISA will take a few weeks to investigate such a claim before they decide whether or not to issue credit. But, in this case, Amex said that they have had so many problems with Priceline, they issue automatic credits.

It's worth a shot to try calling your credit card company and tell them how Priceline didn't follow guidelines, if you are really unhappy.....

Actually the Renaissance World Gate is included in the WDW area for the 3 star hotels. If you look at the Priceline map, it includes an area on 192 near the maingate to Disney.

It really is a nice hotel and you won't be disappointed with the price that you paid.

After they gave me the hotel I could check it on the map & yes it is in the area... I did'nt know what I was doing I assumed since Kissimmee was another ZONE I really THOUGHT I was getting a DD hotel. It is confussing.... but as my hubby said "You spun the wheel & lost" Watch me love the renaissance & hate ASMUSIC.LOL:rolleyes:

Pentex did priceline do any thing to you?

We stayed there in March. We drove straight thru and did the priceline thing, and got the 49 a night at Renaissance World Gate.
I wasn't thrilled with the service their. We had an awful room.. The manager on duty was very rude. We didn't have hot water the next morning. The next morning we complaint at check out, and the manager was very nice, and said we should of never of been put in that room. So I'm not sure why we was or what the deal was... but I was very disappointed.. My dad retired from Marriott and I didn't think the room or the service was up to par.
The hotel isn't far from WDW.. but it's in a werid spot. ( you can't see it from the hiway)

I think if you have a complaint, made it be known.. We was only going to be there one night and basically just to sleep.. or I would of complained more.

The hotel looks great from the lobby.. The pool is HUGE!

You may want to see if you could sell your PL ressie. We stayed there for 2 nites in May. We enjoyed our stay. I guess it all depends upon who is working and what room you get. We were fortunate. If you do stay there, be sure and go the back route to Disney. It is much quicker. You may want to check, but I don't think you get early mornings at Disney or EE nights like you would at All Stars.

ugh....My husband want me to call Visa in the morining. I was mislead...I'm going to see if they will credit my money back.

Let me share my experience:
i have the same trouble as you(World Gate), my immediate reaction is to call my visa, however, the lady said that :" Credit card is not like cheque which you can cancel anytime you want, youhave to contact priceline, not the visa to have refund"
therefore, i emailed a lot a lot back to priceline, their responce were always always: priceline is nonrefundable!!!
i was so upset, since i was expecting somthing closer than world gate. that i again send TONS of email to them(i tried to call them, it is always answering machine, I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE!!!)
FINALLY, a manager replied to me that she will call me back the next morning.
The next morning, she called me, very nice though. She offered me last chance to rebid, if success, she will refund the previous bid minus the process fee(5$), which i am glad

i'm sorry for the grammar, since, till now, i am still not 100% satisfied with priceline, because their customer service is so difficult to reach!
hope this can help :) good luck

I don't think you will have much luck with Visa, but it can't hurt to try. I hope you go & enjoy your stay!

here are some reviews of the hotel from the biddingfortravel.com board --

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm78.showMessage?topicID=66.topic

PS whenever I check into a Priceline room I just give them my name, not the # & ID like Priceline says. I don't say "Priceline" at all! I don't know if that makes a difference, but I've never had a problem, and we use Priceline a lot!

MAK Mom, Priceline did nothing to me as they could not. It was Amex's policy to automatically credit ANY Priceline disputes, no questions asked. This was about one year ago, so I am not sure if this is still Amex's policy. I hope it is though because Priceline is awful...when I was complaining to PL about my situation and threatened to call Amex, they told me to go ahead, that they'd fight me. I was quite pleased when I did speak to Amex and the rep was so strong on my side.

I hope that you have the same success with Amex.

I don't think my e-mail is on my profile, but it's jpentek@navg.com. If you get a chance, e me and tell me what happened...if I can help you pursue this in any way, I'd be happy to help you.

First, we stayed at the Renaissance for three nights a couple of weeks ago. It is a good place to stay.. not first class, but our room was clean and the staff was VERY nice. We would stay there again for priceline rates. They DO have a complimentary shuttle to and from the parks. The negative though is that you have to reserve your spaces 24 hours in advance for the shuttle. The shuttles only run in the morning and in the afternoon/evening. If you use your ressie, make sure you get your shuttle times confirmed if you want transportation the first day.

Priceline specifically shows that the area the Renaissance is in is part of the WDW zone. When you click on that zone for info, that part of Kissimee is circled. Now.. if anyone wants to be sure and get accomodations in DD through priceline... you can always bid on a resort level hotel in the WDW zone...... all of the resorts are in the DD area because the Kissimmee part doesnt have resort quality hotels. It is the ONLY way I know to make sure you dont get stuck out on 192 with priceline.

Priceline should let you do a one time re-bid for those dates... ask them if you can. Then you could re-bid for the resort level hotels. They are going for @54 per night and the priceline/expedia board has a bonus link for $5 right now. The website is biddingfortravel.com and there is a link to available bonus money if you arrow down the list.

Bid the WDW zone.. resort... and $49 (if you use the bonus money link $54 if you dont) You could probably get the Wyndham or MOWC for $49 + the $5 bonus.. that rate is coming up right now for August. If you want help to bid... post on the Orlando board and someone will help you with a bidding strategy. Do call and ask priceline if you can re-bid.. they will send an email telling you what to do. If you cant get a room, they also have a way of cancelling the reservation based on unsuccessful bids, but they require you to try to re-bid first.

Hope this helps!

Sheila

Also another way to be sure to get the WDW area, is to put in "Lake Buena Vista" ....

I have had many friends get good deals there, for the 4 stars resorts at the S/D, Wyndham, and the Marriott. Prices around $40-50...good luck!!!

Please, please, please do not rebid for a resort assuming you will get DD!! Of course, a 4 star hotel or resort should be very nice, but, it may not be in DD.

If you are looking to book a hotel through conventional means (travelweb.com is good) then you can specify Lake Buena Vista. But if you decide to rebid on Priceline, you can't.

From biddingfortravel.com, here are SOME hotels that have come up on Priceline in the past for the WDW vicinity zone (warning - you may get other hotels as well!):

resort - wyndham palace, Marriott orlando world center
4 star - hilton in walt disney world village
3 star -
Buena Vista Suites
Courtyard in the Walt Disney World Village
The Grosvenor
Hyatt Orlando (note, on Hwy 192)
Renaissance World Resort
Sheraton Safari
Summerfield Suites
Doubletree Guest Suites

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelinea...waltdisneyworld.showMessage?topicID=650.topic

Hope that helps :)

:bounce: I just called my MIL & told her she won an all expense paid trip to WDW! She was planning on stoping by for 1 night on her way back form the north to Vero Beach. Now she is staying at the Maingate for 4 nights & she is thrilled! She will drive to ALLStar music & we will find the Renaissance togather. Then in the morings she can drive to our hotel & we will use Disney transprotion:bounce: She is up at the crack of dawn anyway. We will get her a play 4 pass. But I told her to bring who ever she wants with her. :smooth:

Ouch :o

MAKmom... Im glad you resolved your problem in such a creative way! Alls well that ends well :)

Just wanted to say too that although Priceline does show that area in the WDW zone when you click on it... it is confusing if you havent spent loads of time researching. That is one of the downfalls of priceline... their terms are so strict and they are not always forthcoming with info that can be helpful to their customers.... it can be very confusing. When I won a bid for the Renaissance I thought it was silly that area was included in the WDW zone also.. I knew it was, but even though I know the facts... it is still strange to me that they include that small area. Im sure many people overlook that and are disappointed. Priceline does show it and technically, they are not wrong, but I certainly understand where you are coming from. I made a BIG mistake once myself and bid the wrong dates... wasnt priceline's fault, but I emailed them and they let me re-bid.. one time only. That is why I have remained a priceline customer.. they gave me a break when I wasnt a priceline genius and made a human error..hehe. Now I thoroughly research every single bid and double triple check before I hit that buy button ... it is a pain, but considering that I have to travel on a budget, it's the price I pay to save money with them.

Biddingfortravel.com is a great place for priceline info. They are ABSOLUTELY helpful with bid information and in letting people know priceline's limitations. They answer questions up front and are very outspoken about pricelines rules (for our own good). I dont know where they find the time, but they will walk you through the entire bid step by step if you need the help. Priceline is a different planet all together, sometimes people dont realize that before it's too late, and it really helps to have a place to post where people are experienced and can help.

Again, Im glad this turned out OK for you :)

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter