I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick questions that I'm wondering about and also on behalf of @rcoy64 for those of you with experience booking with URs...

When booking a Disney room through URs:
  • If you only have enough URs to cover part of the cost can you pay the rest in cash OR do you have to make 2 bookings, 1 with the URs & 1 with cash?
  • Can you add the dining plan without tickets and do the ticketless package?

Do you mean it's only giving you the option for Email or Twitter? The Facebook option is the one that disappeared for most people (and was the one where you could generate a 50k link.

EDIT: And yes the 50k links that people generated a day or 2 ago are all still currently working. Hopefully they continue to work, the problem is people that didn't do it a day or 2 ago now can't get a 50k link generated so they're out of luck as most people would prefer the 50k/$2k link vs the 40k/$1k link.

Yes email not Facebook sorry brain fart!

It's funny you get the email saying you got the 10k and its good for a round trip...I looked at their travel
map/miles and thought...round trip from where???? lol so more local but those miles do help if you want
to go cross country
I think they recently changed their awards chart but when I looked it was <10k for Seattle to Vancouver, which is what I referred to. We would fly Chicago to Seattle on AA because there are no direct flights I can find from Chicago to Vancouver

Quick questions that I'm wondering about and also on behalf of @rcoy64 for those of you with experience booking with URs...

• If you only have enough URs to cover part of the cost can you pay the rest in cash OR do you have to make 2 bookings, 1 with the URs & 1 with cash?
You can do cash and UR in one reservation. When you get to the 'checkout' it asks how many points you want to apply and if it's not 100% covered in points, you can enter your cc info.

As for dining plan, I think the only way to do it is for resort & tickets both thru Disney.

And after catching up with the rest of the thread, all for naught anyway. I just clicked through a bunch of the links for southwest card referrals on the Reddit and they're all giving error messages.
Are you looking for a 50k link currently? I believe there is a non-referral public link still out there that works.

you only need ios 8 for apple pay. ios 9 for discover card. You have your touch ID set up correct? It will only work with TouchID
Yes, I use TouchID for lock screen and all Apple purchases, etc. I asked a more tech savvy coworker today how to add Apple Pay. He looked at my phone 'It should be right here...'. So at least I'm not a complete moron who missed the obvious. I'll have to take it to Apple. I'm sure they'll figure it out in 10 seconds and I'll look stupid.

Yes, I use TouchID for lock screen and all Apple purchases, etc. I asked a more tech savvy coworker today how to add Apple Pay. He looked at my phone 'It should be right here...'. So at least I'm not a complete moron who missed the obvious. I'll have to take it to Apple. I'm sure they'll figure it out in 10 seconds and I'll look stupid.
where did u buy your iPhone? was it purchased from overseas?
  • Go to: Settings > General > Language & Region > Region.

Are you looking for a 50k link currently? I believe there is a non-referral public link still out there that works.

Oh no thanks I have both personal cards, about to get my CP once both statements close next week but thank you. I was just checking to see what my links were doing and then checked to see if others were doing the same :)

For our upcoming trip I am using UR's to book two rooms. When you book it is a sliding scale...you can pay some cash and some points. I figured since I was pretty much paying rack rate I would just use all points but I could have put some of the cost on the Reserve too. (Plus we really don't have the money right now which is why I am blowing the points in the first place). Just FYI for 6 nights 2 standard rooms at CBR end of January is around 145,000 points.

You most definitely cannot add the dining plan without tickets. Since we have two rooms and one adult and 2 kids in one of the rooms I had the saving idea of adding the DP to one of the rooms. I figured we could then share the credits (hello alcohol included even at counter service). BUT I called Disney and they can't even look at rooms books on UR points. I called Chase. I ended up having to talk to someone in cruise and packages. They said no...you had to buy tickets too. In the future if I decide to use a room with UR points again since we usually need two rooms if one property (family of 5) I think I will book one room with the AP discount and use cash and then one room with UR. That way I would have more flexibility. Or we will just stay off site like we usually do when it is all of us. :)

For our upcoming trip I am using UR's to book two rooms. When you book it is a sliding scale...you can pay some cash and some points. I figured since I was pretty much paying rack rate I would just use all points but I could have put some of the cost on the Reserve too. (Plus we really don't have the money right now which is why I am blowing the points in the first place). Just FYI for 6 nights 2 standard rooms at CBR end of January is around 145,000 points.

You most definitely cannot add the dining plan without tickets. Since we have two rooms and one adult and 2 kids in one of the rooms I had the saving idea of adding the DP to one of the rooms. I figured we could then share the credits (hello alcohol included even at counter service). BUT I called Disney and they can't even look at rooms books on UR points. I called Chase. I ended up having to talk to someone in cruise and packages. They said no...you had to buy tickets too. In the future if I decide to use a room with UR points again since we usually need two rooms if one property (family of 5) I think I will book one room with the AP discount and use cash and then one room with UR. That way I would have more flexibility. Or we will just stay off site like we usually do when it is all of us. :)
Thanks for the info - I figured that would be the case. Disney will do a "ticketless package" with a room and dining directly but even that is hard to get them to do as you have to call them (can't do it online - or at least you couldn't last time I looked).

Thanks for the info - I figured that would be the case. Disney will do a "ticketless package" with a room and dining directly but even that is hard to get them to do as you have to call them (can't do it online - or at least you couldn't last time I looked).
My understanding was that was allowed only for APs. I think a couple people here found "half board" rates on UR or something like that. It does refer to Dining package, only quick serve I believe

My understanding was that was allowed only for APs. I think a couple people here found "half board" rates on UR or something like that. It does refer to Dining package, only quick serve I believe
Actually Ticketless packages are a thing - Mousesavers has a little writeup on them even: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...rld-vacation-package-discounts/#ticketlesspkg

It's a little known one but can allow you to book a room and dining and then still buy tickets from UC Tourist or if you already had tickets for some reason.

Actually Ticketless packages are a thing - Mousesavers has a little writeup on them even: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...rld-vacation-package-discounts/#ticketlesspkg

It's a little known one but can allow you to book a room and dining and then still buy tickets from UC Tourist or if you already had tickets for some reason.

Yes you can add dining plan online if you have an AP. If you do not then you have to call to add dining plan but it is allowed (it just converts it to a package).

For my upcoming trip I never did see the “half board” as an option for a room at Disney. If I remember right it was popping up on the UR site in September. I am not going to lie I keep flirting with the idea of booking a cheap value room for a night or two and then having the dining plan for part of our trip for 1 adult and 2 kids. If you can share it with others it can be a money saver but you really have to work at it to do it that way.

Yes you can add dining plan online if you have an AP. If you do not then you have to call to add dining plan but it is allowed (it just converts it to a package).

For my upcoming trip I never did see the “half board” as an option for a room at Disney. If I remember right it was popping up on the UR site in September. I am not going to lie I keep flirting with the idea of booking a cheap value room for a night or two and then having the dining plan for part of our trip for 1 adult and 2 kids. If you can share it with others it can be a money saver but you really have to work at it to do it that way.

These questions have pretty much been answered, but I just wanted to comment on the half board option through the UR portal. I was able to pull up some rooms showing the half board options when I was looking to book one of our recent trips. I found that option to only show up for value resorts. Not sure if that's the norm or if that's all that was available when I happened to be looking. I entertained the though of booking with half board because it , until I saw how much more it increased once it showed the total rate with taxes and fees added in. I believe @wendow had found a room with this option that didn't add a ton of fees.

These questions have pretty much been answered, but I just wanted to comment on the half board option through the UR portal. I was able to pull up some rooms showing the half board options when I was looking to book one of our recent trips. I found that option to only show up for value resorts. Not sure if that's the norm or if that's all that was available when I happened to be looking. I entertained the though of booking with half board because it , until I saw how much more it increased once it showed the total rate with taxes and fees added in. I believe @wendow had found a room with this option that didn't add a ton of fees.

I only found the half board option available for values as well. But like you mentioned, the fees were high...like higher than the cost of the room itself...EXCEPT for AoA. For whatever reason, probably a glitch that has long been fixed, the fees for a suite for a week were only $200'ish. So, our family of six could have had the QSDP for $200 for a week. I probably should have jumped on it but I was too afraid we'd 1) be way too scrunched in a room that small and 2) be disappointed in the pool (we swim everyday and the slide is huge to my kids).

So bummed about the MASSIVE devaluation of IHG points. Had planned to use my signup bonus at the HIE Springdale which is next to Zion NP. It's now going to be 40,000 IHG points a night when rates are showing $97 for a night in February. The cpp is terrible.

I went ahead and used 60,000 points to book the Intercontinental Times Square for NY Comic con weekend (october). It's going up to 70,000 IHG points soon so figured to get in while the getting is good.

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to book my beach resort for end of July and save 10K points per night by booking early. I know IHG changes the point values on some rooms every year but I wasn't paying attention this year. This resort has gone from 25K points about 5 years ago to 50K points this summer - it was 40K and now up to 50. I also use my free night there as the rate in summer is $400-$500 plus per night.

Also, I think the Intercontinental is where older daughter used her points just before Xmas for a weekend in NYC. If we get snowed in today - its snowing here now at 2:44am - we will get some time to talk and I'll let you know what they thought of the room.

Last edited:

Just to clarify on the booking Disney with UR deal, I could book two rooms with UR through Chase and then get my reservation set up with My Disney experience and purchase my tickets and dining through Disney, correct? My long term goal is to book two rooms at a moderate with UR, then purchase tickets and dining through disney with Disney gift cards. Just want to make sure I’m embarking down the right path with my accumulations of points and gift cards!

you are correct, a biz card shouldnt count towards 5/24. if your at 4/24, if you have the power to spend the MSR, you should apply for 2 cards instead of one. This will push you up to 6/24 and you basically done with chase. There are instructions on how to do this when your ready.

I would be interested in applying for 2 cards when I try for the premier, can you direct me to the instructions for that please? Also, not sure what adt'l card I should try for. I currently have chase plus and chase biz cards, along with Disney visa. My goals are to get cp and SW points for disney trip this summer, then saving for a Hawaii trip for our family of 5 in 2019 if possible. Also would like to throw in a quick trip to vegas with DH sometime. Any advice would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter