I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out how to get the amex platinum uber credit to show up. Can someone help me out? Please?

Has anyone closed Discover bank accounts yet? Does it have to be done over the phone? thinking of getting one for DH, but not if a phone call will have to be made when it's time to close.

I'm not actually going to be helpful for your question. I decided not to close my discover account - I now use it as my main cash savings account. The interest rate is pretty good and I like their interface. So I actually moved more money into it. My guess is that it could be done via sm - they've been the easiest online bank to deal with so far for me.
:offtopic:

Paging @Calfan, @jhoannam, @elgerber, @snugglebug, @schmass, and all other Amazon Prime viewers -- THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL SEASON 2 IS OUT! :happytv:

Love this show. DH is meh about it (so no fun to watch with) and its just not something I'm going to watch with my teen DD, so it has become a work trip treat for me (although if I'm watching on the plane I need to be ready to flip my screen closed on occassion...) Not flying anywhere in the next little bit, so DON'T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

I would make her head explode. A quick glance at my reddit history shows I actively organize weekly meetups for trivia with strangers. It's awesome! And anyone here ever in the DC area on a Wednesday looking for something to do, message me. :)

That sounds awesome. I would totally come, if I didn't live hundreds of miles away.

At only 2/24, and with an EIN, I'd seriously consider hitting up all the Ink cards (CIP, CIU, and CIC) on your SSN, and again with your EIN. You already have the CIC, I'm assuming under your SSN. You can go for the CIP (80k UR) and the CIU (50k UR), and get all the Inks again under your EIN while you're still under 5/24. You have to be under 5/24 to be approved for the Ink cards, but they don't add to your 5/24 count. Keep your credit lines low and space out your apps every 2-3 months, and you should be fine for approvals. Get P2 involved too, since you can pool URs within the same household!

With free hotel stays being a goal, almost anyone will tell you that UR transfers to Hyatt 1:1 for some really awesome redemptions. (Almost no one would recommend transferring URs 1:1 to Marriott.) URs have amazing flexibility and can be used to transfer to Chase's airline and hotel partners directly, or used to book cash rates on the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at 1.5 cent per point value through your CSR.

Interspersed between Ink applications, I'd throw in the Chase Hyatt and IHG cards, which will take up two more slots of your 5/24, but still leave you at only 4/24 and free to keep applying for those Ink cards. The Hyatt card has a
60k points tiered bonus: 40k points after $3k spend in the first 3 months, and an additional 20k points after $6k total spend within the first 6 months. (Someone check me, but I think this may be the best offer on the Hyatt card.) The IHG card has a current offer of only 80k points, which is down from a high of 100k points + $50 statement credit that expired a few months back. Try to apply when the offers are at a high.

ETA: I don't have any thoughts about Delta, other than I doubt any Delta card offer is worth a 5/24 slot. I believe Amex does offer a Gold and Platinum Delta business credit card, which won't add to your 5/24 count and throw off any of the above suggestions. I defer to @tink1970, @kmc8826, and @gottalovepluto who know more about the Delta card offerings.

@WDWRook -- One more thing, when applying for a second (or third, or fourth) CIP, it's recommended that you either have P2 refer you, refer yourself, or you refer P2 for the extra 20k UR bonus. It doesn't really matter as long as you apply by referral (because P2 already has the CIP to refer from), since you'll probably be pooling all the UR anyway.

However, there was chatter yesterday (what timing!) that CIP referrals are down. I haven't caught up with all the developments, so I don't know if this is a temporary glitch or if Chase is ending its referral program for the CIP (and a few other affected cards). @SouthFayetteFan would know. Before you put in any application, it's always a good idea to check in here first to see if you're missing anything or there are any changes that might affect your plans.

Sorry, I tried to follow along with the SW closing date talk, but want to confirm. DH was approved for the SW Biz on 11/21 and it looks like his first payment due date is 1/13/19. So his statement close date would be 12/10? So after 12/10 we can put charges on the card and they'll post in January?

I had no idea competitive piano is a thing. Wow!! Obviously you already know this but just to reinforce it- you have some very talented kids :)

Seems everything is competitive these days - I was kinda weirded out when my DD's piano teacher suggested she do competitions, but I came around. It does help (esp. with piano, where you aren't performing in an ensemble most of the time) to have a performance with higher stakes - promotes perfecting pieces, and it is nice to get feedback from a variety of sources. It has helped DD become comfortable playing in public, so its more familiar when she plays at church/school/whatever.

DH is sitting here on the couch with me on his iPad looking through Saks.com. It’s rather comical, listening to him name off items we don’t need OR want and the price ($4,000 for a purse?). :joker: We are definitely not this department store’s average clientele.

I thought I would be able to get a bunch of underwear looks like I’ll get one pair for $25 and a baby book (like a bed time story book not a baby baby book lol) for a new baby in my family.

Have you added your Platinum card to your Uber app?

I linked my card to Uber eats and I’m not seeing any ubercash credit either. Does this normally take some time to show up? I just got mine yesterday do I need to link it to the actual Uber App?

I linked my card to Uber eats and I’m not seeing any ubercash credit either. Does this normally take some time to show up? I just got mine yesterday do I need to link it to the actual Uber App?

Put it in the actual Uber app. You can use Uber Cash in UberEATS.

I think I did. I put it as a payment card on my uber. Us there something else I need to do?

That should be it. Your Platinum card should show Amex Benefit under it. Your Uber credits ($35 in December, $15 every other month) should show up under Uber Cash.

Flying into FLL then driving to Key West. Looking forward to sunshine!! But may I add I am also a little terrified of the ocean as well. lol I am just a bundle of fun. They are talking about going snorkeling and other "fun" stuff and I am like, ummm, have fun, I will find something else to do. I have snorkeled before, and like flying, I can probably force myself to do it again, but ughhhh.

I am from Florida, and have lived here most of my life. I am TERRIFIED of being in the ocean. I feel like it's not my world to be in, if that makes sense? Last November, we went with another family on a cruise. I was in charge of planning everything (I offered - I LOVE to plan!), and booked a private excursion in Grand Cayman which included Stingray City, and snorkeling at Rum Point. I had to force myself to get in the water with the stingrays, and almost had an anxiety attack! I didn't do the snorkeling though - someone had to keep the boat safe :rotfl2:

That should be it. Your Platinum card should show Amex Benefit under it. Your Uber credits ($35 in December, $15 every other month) should show up under Uber Cash.
I guess I have to call amex because I don't see it under uber cash. I already missed November. I am not going to miss this month as well. $35 is a lot.

Sorry, I tried to follow along with the SW closing date talk, but want to confirm. DH was approved for the SW Biz on 11/21 and it looks like his first payment due date is 1/13/19. So his statement close date would be 12/10? So after 12/10 we can put charges on the card and they'll post in January?

On my SW business card the statement closing date is 3 days after the payment due date....if yours works the same way your first closing date would be 12/16

How much of the Amex Gold 25k At grocery stores would I be safe to MS this month? I don’t want a financial review. I could do it all but maybe half would be better? Those 100,000 MRS would be pretty sweet tho.

You got the dates in reverse order. If your payment due date is 1/13 then your statement close date is 3 days later so 1/16. I suspect since you don’t have a Dec payment due that you are in the clear now but if you want to be wait until 12/17 or later to complete the spend. You’ll just want to make sure you are done by say 1/8 or 9 so all of the transactions post in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter