I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No emails. I was thinking maybe it actually was working and I just couldn't see it, but I didn't realize I was supposed to be getting emails. So definitely not working. I tried tweeting out to them, but I am not a twitter user so not even sure if I did it right. lol And not sure how I would know if they responded.
Poo. Each time we win something we get an email as confirmation. Can't help with Twitter either. I have an account I used once cuz it was literally the only way to communicate with a company about a real time problem. I think if you have the app it'll notify you of a response.

My P2 was instantly approved for the CSP today and doesn't even know it! Thanks to @palhockeymomof2 and @Lain for the advice. An added shout out to @SouthFayetteFan for the posts about CSP v CSR. Really helped in my decision making process.

I know adding an AU can garner more points, and I know I shouldn't add myself. I'm not clear on adding a phantom. Do they ask for a SS#?
Chase does not, they want DoB and address. Also, congrats :)

Don’t know if this is true or not...but someone in the daily discussion thread on r/churning is saying their Chase BRM told him they will be discontinuing the CIC soon....sooo since it’s been over 2 months since my CSR....I applied and received my first Chase business card instant approval :banana:

Congrats! They sucked you in too :p
I got my CIC a few months ago cuz the rumor was a) the increased sign up bonus was going away and b) the new CIU launching same day was going to replace it. Turns out the new bonus has been the "standard" bonus ever since and the card is still kicking. That's not to say it won't some day happen, but I' m sure they love the new card sign up numbers that come out of these BRM rumors :)

My P2 was instantly approved for the CSP today and doesn't even know it! Thanks to @palhockeymomof2 and @Lain for the advice. An added shout out to @SouthFayetteFan for the posts about CSP v CSR. Really helped in my decision making process.

I know adding an AU can garner more points, and I know I shouldn't add myself. I'm not clear on adding a phantom. Do they ask for a SS#?
We earned the 5k on my wife’s CSP by adding my wife LOL!

For example: on the primary card she is Sally B Smith. On the AU she is Sally Smith. Worked just fine :)

Poo. Each time we win something we get an email as confirmation. Can't help with Twitter either. I have an account I used once cuz it was literally the only way to communicate with a company about a real time problem. I think if you have the app it'll notify you of a response.

Chase does not, they want DoB and address. Also, congrats :)

Congrats! They sucked you in too :p
I got my CIC a few months ago cuz the rumor was a) the increased sign up bonus was going away and b) the new CIU launching same day was going to replace it. Turns out the new bonus has been the "standard" bonus ever since and the card is still kicking. That's not to say it won't some day happen, but I' m sure they love the new card sign up numbers that come out of these BRM rumors :)

:rotfl: your probably right... but I know the spend is going towards Disney GCs purchased at Staples for my DVC dues and annual passes so just moved up applying by 2 weeks...would of been :( if I missed out

Technically speaking, I believe a "double dip," aka applying for 2 Chase cards on the same day, is still "possible." However, even if you are approved for both cards, Chase will see you've applied and been approved for two cards in one day, flag your cards for review, then manually cancel one. It doesn't matter if you're double dipping to get around the one card per family rules, combine a hard pull, get two cards out of your 4/24 slot, or even if you're way under 5/24 and could have otherwise opened both cards on different days. Chase will close one of your double dip cards. So DON'T DO IT (and waste a slot).
There’s some new discussion about skirting this by applying on separate days 1 day apart. I saw the discussion the other day on r/churning but honestly I’ve been too busy to digest any of the commentary. I also think that this is a very complicated strategy to advise somebody on here (especially a newbie).

Glad you had a nice time! I had wanted to be on that cruise (DD's Fall Break is this week and she would have been able to take the train to the ship rather than flying home to CA). How were the seas? I heard they can be rough around there.

It was very windy and a bit rough coming back yesterday, but not too bad. Overall it was a great cruise with pretty perfect weather!

We earned the 5k on my wife’s CSP by adding my wife LOL!

For example: on the primary card she is Sally B Smith. On the AU she is Sally Smith. Worked just fine :)

I used my middle name and now she gets card offers. Interesting to see where the name has gone since I've never used it that way before. Cap1 seems to like her the most so far.

There’s some new discussion about skirting this by applying on separate days 1 day apart. I saw the discussion the other day on r/churning but honestly I’ve been too busy to digest any of the commentary. I also think that this is a very complicated strategy to advise somebody on here (especially a newbie).

Agreed, I'd like to see more braver souls report back. So the latest DP has his bonus pending on the CSP but he's still working on CSR spend. It's been a couple weeks and thus far no repercussions. But definitely not something I'd recommend unless the person is fearless and has nothing to lose by trying it. It's not so bad if yer just denied the 2nd card, it's if you get the card and then they close it, your 5/24 is now mucked up. I haven't noticed any other guinea pigs weighing in yet.

(Today's update for those following along: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9pis7u/daily_discussion_thread_october_19_2018/e828jns/)

I purchased my SW GCs on 10/16 for my AmEx Plat and Gold credits but I still don’t see the credits for them. How long should it take? I know when I use the AmEx other offers, they typically post the next day or the following.

I did the same but for AA and it took a while. I think at least a week. I was asking here, too, and was told it can take that long. Hope this helps.

Same DOB? Can i do this on the same day she was approved?
Yeah - same DOB...was honest there. I assumed if it was questioned we’d just say we wanted a 2nd card to keep in our desk.
I used my middle name and now she gets card offers. Interesting to see where the name has gone since I've never used it that way before. Cap1 seems to like her the most so far.
Middle name works too. I’ve done that before. :)

Agreed, I'd like to see more braver souls report back. So the latest DP has his bonus pending on the CSP but he's still working on CSR spend. It's been a couple weeks and thus far no repercussions. But definitely not something I'd recommend unless the person is fearless and has nothing to lose by trying it. It's not so bad if yer just denied the 2nd card, it's if you get the card and then they close it, your 5/24 is now mucked up. I haven't noticed any other guinea pigs weighing in yet.

(Today's update for those following along: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9pis7u/daily_discussion_thread_october_19_2018/e828jns/)
If yer just denied? We using piratese again?? Arrghhh pirate:

Thanks for sharing the link :) I am following along but not about to advise anybody to try it.

I did the same but for AA and it took a while. I think at least a week. I was asking here, too, and was told it can take that long. Hope this helps.
Thanks! AmEx just doesn’t make sense to me. Everything is so inconsistent. Regular spend points, offer credits, MSR bonus points. I met my MSR over a week ago and still no MRs posted.

Thanks! AmEx just doesn’t make sense to me. Everything is so inconsistent. Regular spend points, offer credits, MSR bonus points. I met my MSR over a week ago and still no MRs posted.

Ah, as if you needed another exception, evidently for new MR accounts the bonus posts with your regular points. I think you should see it pending, but it won't post independently of the spend points first time out. After this time, the bonuses will just post when they're earned, even in the middle of a statement cycle. I got nothing for you on that one, other than a quirk of new MR account; I'm not sure why that gets held. :confused3

We had a great dinner at Paradiso37 last night. Seated on patio around 8ish. Sun was down and a nice breeze. Great guac and margs.

Checking out of SSR later today then Sanaa lunch and animal kingdom. Doing a value tonight. Never stayed in one of those before.

Been using discounted gift cards to pay for everything plus my Chase Disney rewards. Spent very little out of pocket so far. Just McDonald's and the grocery store. Even got a F&W Dooney mini bag!

I figured with points and discounted gift cards this trip is costing around $2k. Granted I have APs so no Tix, but still. I think that's pretty good!

I enjoy Sanaa lunches. I like seeing animals outside and that one crane that always gets beyond the barrier and peers in at the guests or his/her reflection. Too cute!

We just got in our room at Beach Club Villas. 4th weekend in a row that the tragic bands don’t open the door and the unlock with phone doesn’t work. Sigh ...

What's a good option to use a SWA credit on a canceled flight? it was booked a month or two back,(I think before the rule change) an the cheapest far- now my MIL has a credit that she prob won't be able to use by next summer..... is there a way to do something with this? can she book a refundable fare using the credit,and then cancel if she can't travel?(she isn't sure she can at all by the end date)
Not sure if this will work for her (or me as I have not tried it yet) but my youngest DD booked her, her perpetual fiancee and their oldest DD to Tampa this last June for a wedding using my SW card. The wedding was a last minute cancel so they didn't go. We missed being able to use the credits for our trip to DVB this coming April by a couple of weeks. I called to see if they would extend just for 2 extra weeks and they would not but said I can call back the day the credit is going to expire and they will give me (personally, not the 3 ticketed names) a credit for 50% of the value of all 3 tickets, good for I think another 12 months. I have never heard of this before but going to give it a try, for all I know she may have just said that to get me off the phone, kind of the reverse HUACA.

Ha, travel bags are my addiction LOL. I have bought soooooooooooooo many and I am always looking at them. I carry really small though, I don't even carry a camera anymore. Pretty much my phone, cards, and lipstick.
I have had good luck with the eBags brand of bags, and I love how they show the purse on a body so you can get a better idea of the actual size.
I have not thought of checking them out, they are lighter too correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter