I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the CSR. This reminds me that I've meant to ask -- does AmEx work for funding any bank accounts? I think the Business Gold will be my next card but need an MSR strategy.

BMO unfortunately doesn’t work anymore with Amex, but you can do $500 with memory bank.

Thanks -- I'll check out memory bank.

It’s a pretty easy bank account to manage. No fees and you can get a $100 bonus too if you do three $200+ deposits. That and the credit card funding makes it a great account to open. $500 is a low funding limit tho.

ETA: check out local credit unions near you. I haven’t found any near me that allow for Amex, but I found some easy ones that are free and I can fund $2500 with a credit card.

It’s a pretty easy bank account to manage. No fees and you can get a $100 bonus too if you do three $200+ deposits. That and the credit card funding makes it a great account to open. $500 is a low funding limit tho.

ETA: check out local credit unions near you. I haven’t found any near me that allow for Amex, but I found some easy ones that are free and I can fund $2500 with a credit card.

Interesting about the credit unions -- what's the best way to find out whether they allow credit card funding? Do you call and ask?

Who else is anxiously awaiting @Budzooka's return so we can hear what was in his CIP shutdown letter? :scared: I'm holding off on referring DH until I hear what happened. I know it's only one DP, but it's one of us, so somehow it feels more real. Fingers and toes are crossed that he can get it reinstated.

Thanks guys. We got back late last night from a great trip to New Mexico to see family, which also included heading North to Durango for white water rafting and then South to Carlsbad Caverns. It was about 35 hours of driving in total, which the kids thought was a bit much, but created some great family memories.

We had the post office hold the mail while we were gone, so that should be delivered later today. I am anxiously awaiting what is in the CIP shutdown letter too! I'll let you know once I know more.

Interesting about the credit unions -- what's the best way to find out whether they allow credit card funding? Do you call and ask?

I did call one place and they told me they didn’t, but I went to their website and it let me do it. So I’d advise against calling the banks. I would just check out their website. Sometimes it would be clear and they will say how you can fund the intial deposit, other times I’d have to pretend to do an application and get to the funding stage to see. Also Docs website may have your credit unions listed. I found a bunch in my area that he didn’t have listed tho.

Slightly off-topic, but how the heck do people make ADR plans at 180+ days if the park hours aren't released? It looks like Disney posts park hours 180 days in advance, but that doesn't really help for planning the whole stay. I don't recall having this issue before, although it has been about 5 years since we've been to WDW. Do I just guess what parks we will want on which days?

I know this isn't a huge help, but there is a way to see hours for 190 days out. Go under the "My Disney Experience" section on the website and select "My itinerary". Then in the upper left corner of the center section, select "Add Plans" and then "Add parks and places". You should then be able to select dates up to 190 days out. i can see through 12/23 today. I used websites with predicted/historical dates initially and then verified with this method a few days before my 180 ADR date. The hours didn't change much from the predictions before my ADR date, but some have changed since the 180 mark. Good luck!

I might end up doing that too. Slightly off-topic, but how the heck do people make ADR plans at 180+ days if the park hours aren't released? It looks like Disney posts park hours 180 days in advance, but that doesn't really help for planning the whole stay. I don't recall having this issue before, although it has been about 5 years since we've been to WDW. Do I just guess what parks we will want on which days?
Yeah basically. And then about a month before you travel and have all your plans in place, they will change the hours and mess all your plans up.:sad2:

So I am trying to book myself and DD19 on our 2nd annual girls Disney weekend for late July. I can go into the UR portal and pull up Disney availability list with the points per night. When I select a resort it tells me no rooms. This has been happening at least since last night. However, non-disney rooms show just fine if I select one of those hotels from the list. :headache: I'm going to give it a little more time but may call soon. There seems to be plenty of availability at Disney so not worried about that part.

Hi guys! Didn’t even realize this thread existed. I’ve been a Reddit churning member and disboard for a long time. I just didn’t realize both my hobbies overlapped. Glad to see this thread!
I have a question for you guys. I have a package booked at the beach club that I’ve had booked over 30 days now and was wanting to book it through chase with UR. Is there anyway they can transfer the reservation or I’m I gonna have to cancel and rebook? I’m a little worried though that the room won’t be available if I cancel and rebook? It’s a two bedroom and Disney isn’t showing any availablity now. It’s over New Years.

Hi guys! Didn’t even realize this thread existed. I’ve been a Reddit churning member and disboard for a long time. I just didn’t realize both my hobbies overlapped. Glad to see this thread!
I have a question for you guys. I have a package booked at the beach club that I’ve had booked over 30 days now and was wanting to book it through chase with UR. Is there anyway they can transfer the reservation or I’m I gonna have to cancel and rebook? I’m a little worried though that the room won’t be available if I cancel and rebook? It’s a two bedroom and Disney isn’t showing any availablity now. It’s over New Years.

Had to be transferred in 30 days. You could hang onto it and just keep checking for something to open up. Welcome to the group:welcome:

Does anyone know if Bluebird is still around and working at Walmart for (Visa GC) Debit reloads? Mine was shut down years ago but I feel like I’ve seen recent reports of bluebird use here and there. Wonder if I could reapply...

Does Lowes allow purchase of other gift cards using their gift cards?
Yes, Bluebird is still alive for debit reloads at WM. We had 3, two were shutdown a couple years ago but one managed to survive....I know it could be anyday :rolleyes1

I know this isn't a huge help, but there is a way to see hours for 190 days out. Go under the "My Disney Experience" section on the website and select "My itinerary". Then in the upper left corner of the center section, select "Add Plans" and then "Add parks and places". You should then be able to select dates up to 190 days out. i can see through 12/23 today. I used websites with predicted/historical dates initially and then verified with this method a few days before my 180 ADR date. The hours didn't change much from the predictions before my ADR date, but some have changed since the 180 mark. Good luck!

Whoa this is brilliant. Thank you!

It's actually a huge help to have a place to start with planning, even if the hours end up changing. Although considering we are going the week of Christmas, Disney should know already that it's going to be maximally crowded.

You can join our private Reddit group DISChurnners by messaging @Albort @SouthFayetteFan or @Lain. I don’t think you can move it over if it’s been 30 days, but if you figure out a way I’d love to know. I have a reservation that I may want to transfer over too if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter