I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another newbie question. I was able to look up Disney resorts on through the UR portal the other day but can't find anything except for the Swan and Dolphin now. Am I missing something? Not sure if it's the week I'm looking for that is the issue (March 17th-23rd) or something else.

Maybe it’s not available yet because Disney is only releasing vacation package availablity for 2019 on the 19th. Whatever you want that Disney has available Chase can book for you if you call.

I agree. You can book a flight for DH using your URs, no problem. Then add the conf number to his SW account and add the companion. Shouldn't be an issue. I was actually doing the same thing, but DH didn't get home early enough for me to call UR and book those SW flights Monday night, and by Tues morning they had gone up. So now I am debating whether to pay the increased rate or not. Delta is actually a better deal at this point, even with the CP, but has layovers. yuck.

Same situation, sort of. As I was going back and forth between doing this or not (and going over any potential logistical hurdles, etc.), the prices went up slightly (~$30). Even so, at a 1.5 redemption rate, I can rebook one leg at least (one of the 3 legs sold out already) and save $70 while getting the double RR points (will need to confirm this part if not booked through SW directly; any idea if you still get the double points if booked through the UR portal)?

Another newbie question. I was able to look up Disney resorts on through the UR portal the other day but can't find anything except for the Swan and Dolphin now. Am I missing something? Not sure if it's the week I'm looking for that is the issue (March 17th-23rd) or something else.

its on and off unfortunately... you just have to catch it at the right moment... :\ at least, thats my understanding of it.

Either I never received an actual Executive card or I've lost it because I can't find it. I just kind of played dumb like "I'm not sure why this isn't showing on my National account". I have very little experience renting cars and it's usually only been through USAA when we've had cars being repaired due to accidents so I've never had to do anything other than pick up the car.
You have to request the card on the CSR site. They don't send it automatically.

ETA: You aren't automatically enrolled just by having the CSR. So if you didn't enroll you wouldn't have Exec status on your account. Once enrolled, they send you a physical card that they say you don't really need, but I keep it with me anyway just to avoid any issues.

From TPG: "While you don’t need to wait until your card arrives to activate these perks, you definitely shouldn’t wait any longer than that. To get started with these particular CSR benefits — Priority Pass airport lounge access, and Avis, National and Silvercar discounts — you’ll need to log into your Chase account, select Ultimate Rewards, choose the account associated with your Reserve card, then select Card Benefits under the Use Points dropdown menu. From there, you’ll register for each of the benefits you wish to receive."

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone (and sorry in advance for the lengthy post)!

I've changed my mind about my travel plans and now I need help again! I was originally planning to take a long Disney/Universal trip in 2 years and just amass UR points until then. After thinking about it some more, I think we'd actually like to make two shorter trips – one to do MNSSHP and Universal in fall 2019 and then a week at Disney in 2020, either in fall for Food and Wine or sticking to May for my birthday. Pricing it out using existing rack rates and ticket prices, the Uni/MNSSHP fall 2019 trip would require around $2300, or 185k(right?) UR points with the CIP I plan to get very soon. Probably a bit more when ticket and hotel prices inevitably go up for next year.

With less runway for earning points for each trip, should our timeline for getting cards change? My plan was this:
  1. CIP now (with 120k offer)/CF to build P2 credit
  2. SW Biz/Personal around the holidays to get the CP for '19-'20
  3. CSR/CSP double dip in spring 2019. (Originally we were going to hold off on this because we were going to buy a house in spring '19. But we like our new apartment so much that we've decided to wait for another year before buying.)
  4. Refer P2 to CIP/CSP/CSR
It would be great to book the 2019 trip with the CSR to make those signup rewards go even further, and the time to book is approaching ever closer, especially if I am supposed to have all the points I need 1 year out. But I have so many questions!
  1. Should I loop in my husband as my player 2 earlier than the original plan above states? We aren't too interested in MS, and don't have oodles of organic expenses, so we can't be focused on more than one MSR at a time.
  2. How worried should I be about getting shut down as well as Chase killing off household points pooling and transfers between Chase cards?
  3. I noticed that I have room in the timeline for an additional card to get to 4/24 before I do the Sapphire double-dip. CIC would be good to mix in here, right?
Thanks everyone for your help. Have I mentioned this is the best discussion board on the whole Internet?

Might be old news, but Acme has a $10 off $150 or more in MC Gift Cards. Since it says the "or more" and doesn't have the exclusion on variables this time, it should be good on the $500 variable. I'm going to try it at least and hope that knocks out a good chunk of Discover category I have left. Only the MC one, I don't have anything for Visa like they did the last time. Should be at the usual Safeway chain stores.

If it works I'll have mom or FIL add it to their accounts and try to knock out some Sapphire spend too since I accelerated my timeline. (little :crazy2: for not putting it on a 5% card but it'll be much better when I get the 100k+ points for my cruise)

Might be old news, but Acme has a $10 off $150 or more in MC Gift Cards. Since it says the "or more" and doesn't have the exclusion on variables this time, it should be good on the $500 variable. I'm going to try it at least and hope that knocks out a good chunk of Discover category I have left. Only the MC one, I don't have anything for Visa like they did the last time. Should be at the usual Safeway chain stores.
I hope to grab one at Safeway for the same reason :)

Plastiq update . . . they shut down my account as of today stating that I had violated terms of service by opening multiple accounts. About a month ago, I referred both of my kids, and they were making payments (with their own credit cards - they are AU's of my Marriott) from their accounts. Obviously Plastiq did not like this! I've reached back out to them as these are all legitimate people/accounts. As far as I know, there is no rule prohibiting more than 1 account per household. DH's account is still fine, so he can continue to pay bills with his CIP. Not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

Plastiq update . . . they shut down my account as of today stating that I had violated terms of service by opening multiple accounts. About a month ago, I referred both of my kids, and they were making payments (with their own credit cards - they are AU's of my Marriott) from their accounts. Obviously Plastiq did not like this! I've reached back out to them as these are all legitimate people/accounts. As far as I know, there is no rule prohibiting more than 1 account per household. DH's account is still fine, so he can continue to pay bills with his CIP. Not the end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.
Wow...that is frustrating...

Geez! It's especially frustrating when you're playing by their rules and still get penalized.

:crazy2: Did they shut down your kids' accounts too? Were your kids paying expenses in your or DH's names?

How frustrating. Sounds legit. I don’t get it! Even if your kids were paying bills in your name, I don’t get how that would be a problem.

I know this sounds obvious, but just double check that the normal points price does indeed get you all inclusive benefits. I seem to recall reading about a hotel that did not, although my memory is very very fuzzy. Think it may have been a Marriott . . .

If Hyatt, can you book using points/cash? That may be a way to still go cheaply but perhaps not use up all your points.

The Hyatt places were All Inclusive. I called in and spoke to a really nice lady. Can't book or even see points availability online. I was thinking of maybe doing 3 nights in a Marriott/Sheraton Resort and then moving to Hyatt All Inclusive. But I keep reading about the crime in Mexico these days and am really nervous about that. (we don't travel out of the country much except on a cruise). The All Inclusive options are in Cancun, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta or Montego Bay, Jamaica. Any input on any of these. Are they gated or can anyone get into the resort areas?

I know you meant you don't work outside the home.

But - you work everyday. Someone is keeping your home together and caring for your child. That's work, even though it's done out of love.

It really comes home to me every time I have my grandchildren for a night. Work work work, and I'm exhausted after they visit, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thank you:disrocks::grouphug:

Yesterday Hotels.com GC on Amazon, today Petco. I told DH this is why we needed to load a bit into the Amazon account with the 10% back Lowe's/Staples offers!

I went this weekend and bought a bunch of GC at lowes, amazon being part of them. It was for places we always shop anyways, but I figured it would be a way to save 10% on our everyday spending. Loaded up DH's amazon acct with a GC since he refuses to shop anywhere else.

EBAY 20% Off today....I'm not sure I'd actually do this...but wondering if my wife could list something on Ebay for $500...I buy it for $400 (after the 20% off) and pay with my Freedom to earn the 5x URs. Seems like this would be some sort of abuse of their T&Cs lol, but still a strange thought I had...

I need to check this out and see if GC qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter