I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was approved for CIP 2 days ago. This morning I realized I forgot to refer him. I am so mad at myself. Is it too late to do anything about it?

I hit a brick wall with my attempts, co-worker forgot to use my link but Chase said they can't do anything if the link is not used. However I found a data point that someone was able to get the referral years ago so could be worth a shot.

Yeah, that's an odd one too. It def shows cash value but no points. I'd suggest calling but when I did they just looked up exactly what I did online.

And I STILL am not seeing any availability for Jan 1st, 2018 on for NOLA. All the other Hyatts show availability but no Hyatt Place Convention Center. I searched day by day from Jan 1st - end of Mar and now one day is available for points or cash. I *could* make another Hyatt work, but the fact its right across the street from the cruise port and right next to the Fulton Garage where we're parking, it made it soooo easy.
My Hyatt plan is for pre-cruise too, for Alaska. I’m just keeping fingers crossed

Ok, time for stupid questions LOL.
I have never been in a lounge before. My Hilton Ascend says it comes with 10 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits per year. I have hit the enroll button a few times, and each time it says enrolled, but I have never gotten the card in the mail it says I should get.
Assuming it ever shows up, can I used multiple free visits at the same time for additional family members? Dh also has the Ascend so he gets 10 also.
And even a dumber question, food and drink are free in the lounge?
We are flying Delta in September which appears to be in the same area as the lounge, so thought maybe we should check it out.
Which other cards offer free access? I know one of my cards offers paid visits, because I did get a membership card for that one, but they don't appear to be free.

Thanks!

My husband was approved for CIP 2 days ago. This morning I realized I forgot to refer him. I am so mad at myself. Is it too late to do anything about it?
I would call in with both of you there and give it a shot. I did get a Disney referral added as an adjustment by doing that a couple years ago. The funny part was I was the voice of me and my wife on that call :rotfl2: I had to keep the voices straight in my head lol! I Had to REALLY argue to win tho - it wasn’t easy.

I think @Jen and Ashwin might have tried as well, but that was before the small business week offer came out. Maybe she'll have some insight as to what to say or not say in SMs.

I tried with no luck to get the current offer. They basically told me that it was targeted and I needed an offer code from a BRM. I said there are no BRMs in my area, but it didn't make any difference. If a public offer comes out next week, I will be trying again. :)

You have every one of the same thoughts I do when planning this trip! I feel like the best bet is to get the nights and flights (1-5 if thats all you have points for right now), book before 8/31, then if this merger announces magical new things that benefit our Hawaii travels (HA!) we can cancel and rebook. I'm not 100% clear on the using of the cert. From what I read it looks like you can book it online (you just have to find a resort with 7n availability) then you call to have your certificate applied to it. I haven't gotten that far in my own planning so I could be wrong.

I will *just* have enough for the nights and flights 1-5 package and then when I get my MSR from the new Mariott card I will sign up for next it will give me enough to pay the difference to the Cat 8 hotel I want. I believe you can book the 8 now without the points in place. I personally wouldn't use my UR's for it--if anything I would top off with some purchased SPG points if anything. I don't have any info on timelines of transfers. I am going to start moving some points around in the next few days though.

Side point-I am having the hardest time picking a resort! We aren't dead set on an island. All I know is that Aulani has spoiled us with easy and beautiful beach access. It s so hard figuring out which resorts are on a usable beach! I REALLY want to try that Mauna Kea but the rooms don't allow for 4 people :headache:.
any more insight into how long it takes to get the hotel certificate once I buy the package? and HOW do I check availability? if a room shows as available for award booking per night,would that qualify? I need more details and can't find them anywhere

any more insight into how long it takes to get the hotel certificate once I buy the package? and HOW do I check availability? if a room shows as available for award booking per night,would that qualify? I need more details and can't find them anywhere

The certificate will show up in your account instantly. At least mine did. I believe you check availability as if you were searching for a room to book on points, but I haven't tried to use my certificate yet, so I'm not exactly sure how this part works.

I am hopelessly behind on this thread. Just going to come here and forget the last 30 pages. If anything crazy happened since Sunday, maybe a brief update would be amazing.

I am hopelessly behind on this thread. Just going to come here and forget the last 30 pages. If anything crazy happened since Sunday, maybe a brief update would be amazing.
Its a little like a soap opera. Just watch a few episodes and you'll get caught up on the important stuff. there has been:

Some responses to a minor freak out on another blog about Chase possibly disallowing transfers among household members and/or different cards (consensus - that would suck, but doesn't seem super likely in the short term)

Lots of fun living vicariously through other people's travel plans

More discussion of the new Starriott program as people contemplate what the changes could mean

As always, great commentary from the experts on here about how to work various point scenarios - always interesting to read, but not necessarily something you need to catch up on.

That's what i remember, anyway :)

Last edited:
The certificate will show up in your account instantly. At least mine did. I believe you check availability as if you were searching for a room to book on points, but I haven't tried to use my certificate yet, so I'm not exactly sure how this part works.

I'm speculating, because I haven't done it, but I think that if you go to book a reservation that would be eligible for the certificate, it will ask you if you want to use the certificate that is available in your account. Kinda like the annual free night cert - as soon as I go to book a Cat 1-5 hotel, it asks me if I want to apply my free night cert to the reservation.

I'm speculating, because I haven't done it, but I think that if you go to book a reservation that would be eligible for the certificate, it will ask you if you want to use the certificate that is available in your account. Kinda like the annual free night cert - as soon as I go to book a Cat 1-5 hotel, it asks me if I want to apply my free night cert to the reservation.
Ok I think I might do this..... but I'd have to use UR to finish out what I need since Dh's spg acct is inactive,he'll need to call in,and probably take 2-4 weeks to be active enough to gift anything. boo.

I called MArriott. The rep said I could do it instantly. My only issue is the extra UR point I need to finish this out. I fell like it's still a better value than my original plan- it's either 80k SPG for 5 nights- or 120k spg (technically) for 5 nights plus the 120k RR points..... so it's kind of like paying 40k UR for the 120k SWA points....does this make sense?

Its a little like a soap opera. Just watch a few episodes and you'll get caught up on the important stuff. there has been:

Some reposes to a minor freak out on another blog about Chase possibly disallowing transfers among household members and/or different cards (consensus - that would suck, but doesn't seem super likely in the short term)

Lots of fun living vicariously through other people's travel plans

More discussion of the new Starriott program as people contemplate what the changes could mean

As always, great commentary from the experts on here about how to work various point scenarios - always interesting to read, but not necessarily something you need to catch up on.

That's what i remember, anyway :)

I saw the Chase pooling thing on DOC. I always transfer points from all of our cards to my CSR each month, so I wouldn't be likely taken by surprise. This gives me new motivation to finish up the $250 spend left on my CIP though, since I definitely want to transfer those 80k UR to my CSR.

Ok, time for stupid questions LOL.
I have never been in a lounge before. My Hilton Ascend says it comes with 10 complimentary Priority Pass lounge visits per year. I have hit the enroll button a few times, and each time it says enrolled, but I have never gotten the card in the mail it says I should get.
Assuming it ever shows up, can I used multiple free visits at the same time for additional family members? Dh also has the Ascend so he gets 10 also.
And even a dumber question, food and drink are free in the lounge?
We are flying Delta in September which appears to be in the same area as the lounge, so thought maybe we should check it out.
Which other cards offer free access? I know one of my cards offers paid visits, because I did get a membership card for that one, but they don't appear to be free.

Thanks!

I never got the card either.

I called MArriott. The rep said I could do it instantly. My only issue is the extra UR point I need to finish this out. I fell like it's still a better value than my original plan- it's either 80k SPG for 5 nights- or 120k spg (technically) for 5 nights plus the 120k RR points..... so it's kind of like paying 40k UR for the 120k SWA points....does this make sense?

i don't quite see what ur saying but looking at the Marriott Nights and Flights, i don't think it matters much. i'd probably do the smaller value. if u need more SW miles, then transfer direct from UR to SW. UR pts are still more versatile.

I would transfer 40kUR for 120k Rapid Rewards

Afternoon all! So I heard about the CIP 100K in-branch promo for the first week of May and am thinking about going for this card a bit earlier than planned! It is for a real business idea, albeit only a hypothetical one at this point. I'd like to set up a section of my new apartment to take in freelance sewing work for people as well as my previous employer as I know they'll need extra help in the fall. I've taken in this kind of work before but only dealt in cash and only made a tiny amount of money (like $100 net. I need to charge more, but that's a different story.) However, I've been reading up on people's experiences trying to get the CIP and now I'm nervous that I don't make enough/don't have an impressive enough credit card history to get approved.

Any tips for getting approved since it's a brand-new business without any customers yet and my expected revenue is pretty small? I can make a pretty solid case about why I would need a credit line to get set up in this business with all the equipment and supplies I would need. I wouldn't *actually* buy it all on the CIP as I don't have the cash to pay for it yet. But they don't need to know that....

So I know the Hawaii thing has been talked about a lot lately, but it's hard to keep track of everything.:faint: What are the best options for flights to Hawaii on points from California, besides SW? I would prefer the process be as simple as possible, as in trying to avoid having to call in to one airline to book flights on another airline, which is a lot of what I see talked about with HI. I mean, I'll do that if I have to but if I could do it all online I'd rather do that.

I'm seeing flights on AA for 40k available for next year, and I was just reading on r/churning that AA cards are easy to get multiples of, but I've also read that it's hard to find availability with AA, so is it too risky to try to go with them?

Anyone have experience with Hyatt points bookings? Do they typically block holiday weekends? Looking for Memorial Day 2019 and it says not accepting awards during these dates.

I can see cash availability thru May 27, 2019 but no awards. Awards availability for previous weekend. Looking in Vancouver. Hopefully I just need to keep checking

(When I look at your dates in NOLA, I see awards for the weekend before and after available so they may have blocked St Pats day :()

Couple of dps. It's not Memorial Day in Canada, so that won't affect anything. I used an anniversary night and points to book two nights labor day weekend in SF back in Feb. So the holiday thing isn't an issue if it was a holiday in Canada. I used my 2 free sign up nights and points to book 3 nights in Paris memorial day weekend this year, again not a holiday there so it doesn't matter.

I don't look anything up on the website except for which cat the hotel is and how many points it'll be, I call the number on the back of the chase hyatt card to get their rez people. They've always been super helpful and understand booking with points and award nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter