I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

DH got a retention on his personal plat that we decided to take, 50K for $4K. Pretty happy, actually, because my retention back in January sucked at only 15K but I wanted to keep the card. Anyway, he also has an offer to add an AU and get 10K for $2K spend. I figured might as well as it'll count toward the retention and I would just get the no-fee option. But will I get a credit hit?

Nice retention offer!

Unforunately, it would count towards your 5/24 for Chase instant approvals as Amex doesn't backdate AUs. DPs say you can recon it and get the rep to disregard the AU account, but personally I wouldn't want to deal with that.

I was so happy when DS turned 13 (minimum age for Amex personal AU) and I could do these offers. Builds his credit history too, plus he seems to get different Amex Offers, so win x3. :)

Nice retention offer!

Unforunately, it would count towards your 5/24 for Chase instant approvals as Amex doesn't backdate AUs. DPs say you can recon it and get the rep to disregard the AU account, but personally I wouldn't want to deal with that.

I was so happy when DS turned 13 (minimum age for Amex personal AU) and I could do these offers. Builds his credit history too, plus he seems to get different Amex Offers, so win x3. :)
Well then the 10K isn't worth that trouble! But good incentive to have kids, we're trying to adopt actually. Maybe we should adopt a 13 y/o = just for this, lol

JK, I might have DH add his mom or someone else in the family who doesn't churn

I skimmed the pages I missed. Nashville didn't happen. I should be in Cancun right now, that's not happening. My daughter was admitted unexpectedly to the hospital (read between the lines) on Thursday. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. Basically daily anxiety attacks for me, living on Xanax, and back pain back from 36 hours in an ER chair. Sigh.....

More expenses adding to my budget....I really need to get a new card. It needs to be a business card. I guess I should check my options.

I did just read that the CSR is losing restaurants as part of the PP in July. Is there any card that does still cover that? Is there a cheaper/better option for lounges than the CSR? I have the surpass, but I think that was removed, same w/ the business hilton.
I'm sorry you and your daughter are going through these medical issues. Teens these days face so many challenges. Hope she gets the help she needs and finds a long term treatment plan, and that you get some relief from your back pain issues.

Well then the 10K isn't worth that trouble! But good incentive to have kids, we're trying to adopt actually. Maybe we should adopt a 13 y/o = just for this, lol

JK, I might have DH add his mom or someone else in the family who doesn't churn
As someone adopted at birth into a loving family, I wish you the best on your adoption journey!

As someone adopted at birth into a loving family, I wish you the best on your adoption journey!
Love hearing that! Thanks. My father isn't being supportive and says he doesn't understand. I hope he'll come around. No matter, we have the resources and love to bring some little ones who need it into our family. And I can't wait to take our kids to Disney!

I think some of you are from Chicago - is 2 hours enough to get through customs at ORD and catch a domestic flight? The international leg and the domestic leg would be ticketed separately.

ETA: Ok, the internet tells me this is pushing my luck particularly since we will be checking luggage and there are 7 of us. It's complicated to get from Reykjavik to Miami in one day :cold:=>:sunny: Only place that has a decent amount between arrival / departure is JFK and it requires being at the airport in Reykjavik at 6:30am.

Last edited:
The Terms Apply is where you need to look. All Delta award tickets originating the in US are fully refundable. If you read the full Terms and Conditions it says that cancellations have to be made at least 72 hours prior to scheduled flight time, but that hasn't been enforced since COVID.
As an example, I booked a ticket with miles MKE-MCO in January for a work trip as a back up to my SW flight as SW Pilots were threatening to strike. Then weather happened and SW was way behind. My flight was scheduled for 0600, I cancelled at 0430 and got all my miles back before I landed on my SW flight at 1030. Was probably instant but I wasn't checking that closely as I had to get to Florida.
Thank you. Flights are booked and hopefully the trip will happen.

I skimmed the pages I missed. Nashville didn't happen. I should be in Cancun right now, that's not happening. My daughter was admitted unexpectedly to the hospital (read between the lines) on Thursday. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. Basically daily anxiety attacks for me, living on Xanax, and back pain back from 36 hours in an ER chair. Sigh.....

More expenses adding to my budget....I really need to get a new card. It needs to be a business card. I guess I should check my options.

I did just read that the CSR is losing restaurants as part of the PP in July. Is there any card that does still cover that? Is there a cheaper/better option for lounges than the CSR? I have the surpass, but I think that was removed, same w/ the business hilton.
So very sorry for what you are going through. Stay strong!

Such a bummer about the PP restaurants. STL is our home airport and there is a great restaurant that DH and I always eat at before every flight. Worth the CSR cost pretty much by itself. Surprisingly though there's also a lounge in the Southwest terminal, so I guess we'll have to start using that more.

Love hearing that! Thanks. My father isn't being supportive and says he doesn't understand. I hope he'll come around. No matter, we have the resources and love to bring some little ones who need it into our family. And I can't wait to take our kids to Disney!

I'm older and grew up in a large extended family with 7 adopted cousins. Enjoy your new kids when they arrive! I always thought my life became richer each time someone new joined us.

I recently got the BoA Elite card which is supposed to have the restaurant benefit.

Such a bummer about the PP restaurants. STL is our home airport and there is a great restaurant that DH and I always eat at before every flight. Worth the CSR cost pretty much by itself. Surprisingly though there's also a lounge in the Southwest terminal, so I guess we'll have to start using that more.
which restaurant? I'll be going thru there before that cutoff date lol....

Changes to Hilton Biz reported on Reddit

Amex Hilton Business Changes from Last Night

• SUB 175k/$8K/6 months. Offer ends 6/5/24.
• Annual fee $95-> $195
• Plastic -> Metal Card
• New $240 Hilton purchases in $60 Quarterly Credits
• New National Emerald Executive
• Removed FNC from 15k and 60k Spend (on 7/1/24)
• Category Spend 6x Removed (on 7/1/24) -> 5x on first 100k/year, then 3x
• Same 12x for Hilton Spend
• Priority Pass removed (on 7/1/24)

The $240 credit offsets the AF, but not happy they are removing the FNC.

I think some of you are from Chicago - is 2 hours enough to get through customs at ORD and catch a domestic flight? The international leg and the domestic leg would be ticketed separately.

ETA: Ok, the internet tells me this is pushing my luck particularly since we will be checking luggage and there are 7 of us. It's complicated to get from Reykjavik to Miami in one day :cold:=>:sunny: Only place that has a decent amount between arrival / departure is JFK and it requires being at the airport in Reykjavik at 6:30am.
No way am I doing that if ticketed separately. I'm guessing complete change of carriers. Maybe if you have GE and/or the domestic is from T5. If you're have to go over to 1,2 or 3; that transfer is going to take a while. There should be multiple options to get from ORD to MIA at all different times. I would expect both UA and AA to run it multiple times a day.

Amex Hilton Business Changes from Last Night'm

• Annual fee $95-> $195
• Plastic -> Metal Card

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I will get one more year at $95 and should be able to secure one more FNC. I don't think I'll renew next year though.

Amex Hilton Business Changes from Last Night

• Annual fee $95-> $195
• Plastic -> Metal Card

I'm canceling when my af hits. I just got a gc with my Surpass and don't recall being able to get a customized gc amount which would mean getting 50 and it'll cover the 1.95 but leave the rest.

I'd just switched my non sub spend to this card to work on thr fnc too, guess I'll switch it back to my hyatt. Was going to have better use for a hilton fnc than hyatt but wouldn't meet it until almost the end of the year. Oh well.

Travel Insurance Question

My 16 yr old son went into sudden heart failure last summer and needed a heart transplant. He hasn't been able to travel and its really been a struggle for all of us. He didn't even want his Make a Wish to be travel because "mom can do it better!" So I have big shoes to fill.

Planning 10 days at Disney/Universal obviously is the most expensive but I've always got in the back of my mind, what if he's back in the hospital? What if he's sick? So I want to make sure now that we are protected in that event. If we book everything through my CSR (DVC points through David's, 4 day Magic tickets and Universal tickets through Undercover Tourist, SW flights with pts, Universal HRH through pts, car rental with points, Hyatt Grand Cypress with points) we should be good right? Or would you still purchase extra travel insurance? I'd assume medical documentation would be all that's needed and we'd have no issue with that as he gets hospitalized for just about everything or at least ran through the ER. Also, would it cover both prior to the trip AND during?
I’m sorry about your son but glad he is doing better. I would get separate travel insurance and consider medical evacuation coverage after seeing how far the nearest tertiary care hospital is from your destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter