I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Back in 2022 when I cancelled my virgin booked ANA flight I got refund confirmations for the fees and figured the points were back too since that's what happened the year before. Log in today to get an idea of stuff and I have no points, the history shows the flights being booked but not refunded. Confirmation only shows the fees.

Totally should have checked, all my fault. I tweeted them since I don't want to deal with the phone and I at least have their refund receipt for the fees. We'll see what happens. I always check when I cancel stuff on my normal airlines and hotels but these were just going to be stuck points until I went to Europe again. Oops.

And the Points + Cash charge shows up from IHG? Since I'm planning on using my Amex offer it needs to be IHG.

Yes. It shows as an IHG hotel charge. It's been a year or so since I've done it, so hopefully it hasn't changed.

Edit: I'm going to try looking through some statements for the charge.

Last edited:
@platamama

Looked through my 7 years of statements - not as onerous as it sounds because it was not a heavily used card.

I found one that was posted to points.com, but that was $300 worth of points. My other entries were all smaller, or in one case, larger where I paid the hotel directly. And, ,the most recent was in 2021. Time flies when you are retired and having fun!

Thanks for all the personal experience input on Hyatt Globalist status.

One step at a time for me I think. I have the map but if I have other SUB opportunities, I will take them and then see if I have enough spend left to help with Hyatt status before the end of 2024.

Otherwise, I may try again next year 2025 to earn it for 2026 (while researching WHERE I want to go).

I think I am addicted to URs and having withdrawals, so looking for different fixes... :rotfl:

Ok I applied for Global entry- finding an appt is gonna be fun - I can drive 4 hours to get one really soon.... not sure I want to do that though. So I see another option, I'd like to check for a certain date in June, but It won't let me click on that location,saying it's full till April something. Dos that mean I need to check regularly to see if they open up for dates I want?

Ok I applied for Global entry- finding an appt is gonna be fun - I can drive 4 hours to get one really soon.... not sure I want to do that though. So I see another option, I'd like to check for a certain date in June, but It won't let me click on that location,saying it's full till April something. Dos that mean I need to check regularly to see if they open up for dates I want?
Yes you will need to check regularly but to be honest that 4 hour drive one be the way to go as you never know if appointments will show later for you.

The good news at least in our families experience the renewal had been processed online.

Just remember it’s online only.
Yeah, I have it on 6 cards and nothing I need to buy. If it was instore I'd buy some additional DGC's for my trip.

Just got a rental through Costco for week up to Easter. I looked a few months back and the price has dropped significantly. DD says by 10pm they will be lucky to get a car.

I was approved in January, and DH was approved in February. We stick to the 4/yr guidance, and I never keep more than 4 Inks open at a time. Still getting instant approval. Also I keep our personal lines of credit low. Only keep $10k on the Preferred/Reserve card. Every other card is $2500 or less.

Thanks for the DPs! Does your DH have deposit accounts with Chase and does he use his existing Inks or other Chase cards?

I was just denied with these reasons:
Credit report shows too many recently opened accounts
You have too many active accounts or too much available credit
New Chase business card recently opened
Low usage of Chase credit line(s)

A bit over 3 months from the last one. Cleaned out old cards in the last couple month and CLs are fairly low. I don't tend to use my Chase cards except for CSR for the insurance and CIC for mobile/internet. Have a checking and savings, but they're only a year old. Used to have a really old checking, but churned it.

Have read a bunch of DPs, but it's like reading tea leaves lol. The recent biz card is definitely an issue, but what spacing is okay and how much does other stuff matter. Maybe time will bring more clarity.

Finally have a bit of time to write a review on the SIN-NYC-SIN flights I took in the last month so here goes! Flew SIN-JFK and EWR-SIN with Singapore airlines, both in premium economy.

SIN-JFK/JFK-SIN - longest nonstop commercial flight at 9533 miles
SIN-EWR/EWR-SIN - second longest nonstop commercial flight at 9529 miles
Both around 18 hours long
Both operated by Singapore airlines using A350-900 ULR aircraft - only 7 of these in existence. These are configured to fly ultra long haul, with extra fuel tanks. They also only have business and premium economy, although the pricing of premium economy sometimes compares very well to economy on other flights on this route.

IMG_4372.jpeg
The A350-900 ULR. Always love seeing that curved wingtip on the A350s...

Airports
Singapore Changi Terminal 3 (departure/arrival) - great airport experience as usual (I am very biased since this is my home airport). I don't think I waited more than 5 minutes anywhere (check in, immigration, security) except at baggage claim on arrival where the wait was maybe 10 minutes.

IMG_6170.jpeg
Obligatory photograph of the waterfall at Changi Jewel (my own photograph though not from this trip)

IMG_4370.jpeg
Changi Terminal 3 departures

JFK Terminal 4 (arrival) - not sure if this is due to an airport renovation but the plane was parked at a remote stand, I had a bit of a shock stepping out of a warm plane into freezing weather as had been expecting an aerobidge into the terminal! But the buses to the terminal were waiting right outside so didn't have to spend too long in the cold.

EWR Terminal B (departure) - check in and security were extremely quick. But there isn't much to do after TSA screening in the section of terminal - only remember one small shop, one small restaurant/bar, couple of Illy coffee vending machines.

Seats
There are 6 solo seats right at the back of the plane - I paid to select these and they were definitely worth the seat selection cost. They come with direct aisle access, a window, and a personal storage bin right next to the seat.

The seats were pretty comfortable. I thought they felt quite similar to United Premium Plus (and nicer than ANA premium economy). Enough leg room for me. Came with a blanket and pillow which were both fairly comfortable.

IMG_6022.jpeg
Solo seat. The storage bin next to the seat is large enough to fit carry-on sized bags (that would normally go in the overhead compartment).

In flight entertainment and WiFi
Pretty good selection of movies and TV shows.

Noise cancelling headphones were provided, but I found them too heavy/hot for me, so stuck with my AirPods Pro on noise cancellation mode. Unfortunately no direct bluetooth connection available so I had to use an AirFly Pro which worked quite well.

IMG_4398.jpeg
Noise cancellation headphones provided

There is supposed to be free unlimited WiFi on board (including premium economy as long as you are a Krisflyer member). Unfortunately this was not working for one of my flights. It worked for the other flight and was fast enough for me to do a bit of browsing on the internet and use Whatsapp and Instagram.

Food
There is a feature called 'book the cook' that's available in premium economy up to 24 or 48 hours before the flight. Each flight had 2 main meals, and I could select from a pretty long list what I wanted for each meal. Early on in the flight one of the flight crew would come around and confirm that I'd done 'book the cook'. For each meal service they served all the 'book the cook' meals before the regular meal service, so I always got my meal early! I was mostly pretty happy with the meals. There was also Haagen Daaz ice cream that was given out after the first meal on each flight.

In addition to the 2 main meals there was also a refreshment of hot pizza that was given out at some point during the flight. I missed it on one flight (might have been sleeping). It was OK but I wasn't a huge fan of that sort of pizza.

There were also drinks and snacks available throughout the flight.

Drinks - included champagne and other alcohol. They also handed everyone a bottle of water near the start of the flight, and went through the cabin regularly with cups of water/juice. I went past the galley a few times and got a few cups of tea throughout the flights.

Snacks - there was a trolley just outside the galley with snacks that I could help myself to. Quite a variety including Kit Kats, granola bars, dried cranberries, crisps/chips (various types), popcorn. At one point I saw some sandwiches too but don't remember what sort of sandwiches they were.

I definitely didn't go hungry on this flight!

IMG_6044.jpeg
One of the 4 meals I had. Premium economy meals are getting an upgrade next month (with nicer silverware and more food options!) so will probably look nicer soon...

Other things

IMG_6252.jpeg
Amenity kits - available on request. Comes in a pouch (that I rather like and will use for other things). Has vaseline, toothbrush/toothpaste, and socks. These are also getting an upgrade next month so will probably look different soon.

Cabin crew - excellent, and really made the flights extremely good flights.

Flight route - very interesting routes as they are obviously avoiding certain airspaces. For SIN-JFK it went north, to the east of Taiwan/Japan, and continued on until it reached Alaska, and continued over Alaska/Canada to NYC. For EWR-SIN it went east over the Atlantic, over France, and continued over Europe to Turkey to India to Singapore. Apparently in the past it used to take a somewhat more direct route...

I got around 19000 Krisflyer miles for flying this route - will go a nice way towards my next redemption flight. (In fact got a bit more than that due to status bonus, and also got some points in the Singapore airlines Kris+ app worth around S$60 due to various promotions.)

Overall
18 hours is definitely a very long flight, but I really enjoyed the flight experience and would be happy to take these flights again...

@platamama

Looked through my 7 years of statements - not as onerous as it sounds because it was not a heavily used card.

I found one that was posted to points.com, but that was $300 worth of points. My other entries were all smaller, or in one case, larger where I paid the hotel directly. And, ,the most recent was in 2021. Time flies when you are retired and having fun!
Thank you! And it's good to hear you are having fun!! :flower3:

If you upgrade to the CSR, do you qualify immediately for the improved travel benefits? Say I pay for taxes/fees with a CSP but then later upgrade to the CSR before the trip - do the benefits at time of booking on the CSP apply, or do the benefits of the CSR apply when the travel date actually arrives (thinking specifically about travel benefits like delays)?

I'm trying to time the upgrade for after the $95AF on the CSP posts (in Aug) because that card has DD as AU and I'm hoping to avoid the $75 AU fee on the CSR. In the past when I've added an AU after the AF posts then I didn't get charged until the next AF post date. So I think if I upgrade now then the $550 AF + $75 AU fee will both hit in Aug.

When's your trip to Fiji? Another option is to do Enrollment on Arrival when you come back from an international trip. It would need to be a participating airport, but no appointment is needed.

If you upgrade to the CSR, do you qualify immediately for the improved travel benefits? Say I pay for taxes/fees with a CSP but then later upgrade to the CSR before the trip - do the benefits at time of booking on the CSP apply, or do the benefits of the CSR apply when the travel date actually arrives (thinking specifically about travel benefits like delays)?

I'm trying to time the upgrade for after the $95AF on the CSP posts (in Aug) because that card has DD as AU and I'm hoping to avoid the $75 AU fee on the CSR. In the past when I've added an AU after the AF posts then I didn't get charged until the next AF post date. So I think if I upgrade now then the $550 AF + $75 AU fee will both hit in Aug.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but your question reminded me of another question I had. If my CSR is older than 2 years and I add DH as an AU, will it be backdated and not count against his 5/24? Also do AUs get their own Priority Pass card? I just got rid of his Plat, and since he travels for work occasionally, I'd like to get him a card w/lounge benefits.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but your question reminded me of another question I had. If my CSR is older than 2 years and I add DH as an AU, will it be backdated and not count against his 5/24? Also do AUs get their own Priority Pass card? I just got rid of his Plat, and since he travels for work occasionally, I'd like to get him a card w/lounge benefits.
Yes it will be backdated. He would get his own PP card…there is a $75 fee for each authorized user on the CSR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter