I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have the same problem. I just can't seem to sleep on an airplane, even at night and even in a lie flat seat. I'm so jealous of the people I see who can sleep for 4-6 hours. I'm the one up and reading all night. :( Many of the places I want to visit are far enough away that this is an issue, but I figure I just need some good books loaded on my Kindle.

I started chocheting recently, too. I haven't tried to do it on a flight though (would probably make me airsick so I'm afraid to try) but that seems like a great idea. :)
I don’t sleep well on planes either. I can never get comfortable and usually I’m freezing. I end up watching a lot of movies or reading

I’d love to crochet on the plane but I’ve read too many accounts of hooks being confiscated by TSA. Seems very bit or miss if they let them through. I mainly read on my kindle or watch a movie I down loaded to my iPad. I just watched flamin’ hot on my last trip. Loved it!

Hi, all. Currently in a 3X on everything Chase window. If I place a $4000 Venmo charge (for services) on the card, will I get chase points? I realize there will be a 3% Venmo fee but would be worth it to me for 12,000 points.
Have you ever used the card on Venmo? I don’t use Venmo, but there was something a while ago about chase treating those transactions as a cash advance, this would incur immediate interest charges accruing (no grace period). Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in

I'm in FL for college baseball this week staying less than 30 mins from Disney. It is killing me not going to Dis or Uni while I'm here, but I did get to go to Disney Springs for dinner. We tired Enzo's Hideaway because it had been on my list to try for a while. Loved the atmosphere and had great service, but the food was just mediocre. However, I finally got to try Gideon's and the cookies and cake are definitely worth the hype! I've been to Cake Bake Shop in Indy and Gideon's cake was superior and 1/3 as expensive. Cake Bake was $15/slice a couple of yrs ago (so will probably be more in Dis), while Gideon's was $9/slice. The Gideon's cookies were only $6, which also pleasantly surprised me. I was thinking they would be around $10.

Has anyone figured out the trick to merging AA points from personal and business accounts? The AA number is the same, but the points earned from my Citi Biz card are getting dumped into a separate place (same mileage number, though). I can't figure out how to merge/transfer them!

Has anyone figured out the trick to merging AA points from personal and business accounts? The AA number is the same, but the points earned from my Citi Biz card are getting dumped into a separate place (same mileage number, though). I can't figure out how to merge/transfer them!
Add your personal account as an employee (don't remember if that's the right term) to the biz account and then you can transfer. I did this a few months ago

I just did this the other day. Go to your biz AA account. When I log in to AA it has a drop-down personal account/business account. Then click transfer and type your name. Click on that and then # of points to transfer.

Just getting caught up but wanted to jump in to say that when I had a herniated disc, the only thing that helped was steroids. (When I had similar sciatic pain years later I went to urgent care and said, "I don't want painkillers I just want steroids," and they were happy to oblige. Unfortunately that time turned out to be a pinched nerve and the steroids did nothing.)
Before I had back surgery I tried the steroid shots in both sides of my lower back (one for herniation and the other for arthritis). The kind where they sedate you with "twilight" and do the steroid shots by watching xray or MRI (or something) and those, unfortunately, did NOTHING. That was a huge bummer because I really wanted that to work and to not have to have surgery.

About a year ago my daughter was in a car accident, which was absolutely no fault of her own as she was rear-ended, and ended up with a large bulging disc. Fortunately, for her, she was able to get the steroid shots and they did work! She's had to have that done twice, but they do provide a lot of relief.

I'm so glad that you mentioned this because I almost forgot that was an option simply because it didn't work for me.

Oh my! ILoveCreditCardsSoMuch friends -- what does this "member only" notification mean? I am logged into my Hyatt account. Looking for one night in Barcelona pre-cruise for 3 people with not much success.

1710250537616.png

Is there a concensus of whether multiple CIU/CIC card approvals is no longer working or is it hit and miss? I'm just going off of the comments from this thread, I'm not really connected to re: churning on Reddit. Trying to plan out my next card. Thanks!

I recently decided to learn to crochet (long story) but I last week I spent a three-hour flight crocheting and that was the fastest time has ever passed for me on a flight (aside from the very rare occasions I've been able to sleep).

I have the same problem. I just can't seem to sleep on an airplane, even at night and even in a lie flat seat. I'm so jealous of the people I see who can sleep for 4-6 hours. I'm the one up and reading all night. :( Many of the places I want to visit are far enough away that this is an issue, but I figure I just need some good books loaded on my Kindle.

I started chocheting recently, too. I haven't tried to do it on a flight though (would probably make me airsick so I'm afraid to try) but that seems like a great idea. :)
DH is also trying to learn crochet. I will definitely plan to bring supplies on our next trip. He's asked me to make a Chewbacca amigurumi for him so I'll bring stuff for me too.

Just noticed Amex is removing SiriusXM from the Platinum monthly digital credits. Sirius and Audible were my main uses of this credit and both gone now (or will be soon).

I use up my Amex Plat digital credits on the Disney Bundle and that covers it. For DH's credit, we get New York Times Cooking and Games ($6) and SiriusXM ($7.77). Hardly ever look at NYT Cooking but DH does at least use the crossword puzzles occasionally. Sirius was the one that we actually got some value from, so it's a bummer that it's being removed! Basically, we'd be getting no value from DH's Plat digital credit. 😑
Darn it, we also use SiriusXM (2 cars $17.86); that's just lame. I don't see any replacement entertainment merchant for it either. I use one Plat for Disney+ ($15.25), another Plat for NYT All-Access ($8.07 [@Duckbug.Ducktales that includes NYT Cooking & Games & Wirecutter - I got it as a promo when I called to cancel my NYT subscription so if you're interested in having the NYT, you can threaten to cancel and see what they offer]). That Plat also covers WSJ/Barrons/MarketWatch ($4.18). Also lost the Audible credit in Oct last year, so one Plat isn't getting any usage out of the entertainment credits. I'm planning on cancelling one of our Plats this year...sometimes the vanilla Plat has better offers than the CS Plat but I haven't seen that in a while so my vanilla Plat is going to get axed.

Oh my! ILoveCreditCardsSoMuch friends -- what does this "member only" notification mean? I am logged into my Hyatt account. Looking for one night in Barcelona pre-cruise for 3 people with not much success.

View attachment 841189

Those are the SLH hotels. If you don't see the View Rates button, it's either they don't have rooms for 3 or your date is after they've left the Hyatt partnership.

Is there a concensus of whether multiple CIU/CIC card approvals is no longer working or is it hit and miss? I'm just going off of the comments from this thread, I'm not really connected to re: churning on Reddit. Trying to plan out my next card. Thanks!

It seems hit or miss. The denial DPs shows that something's definitely changed. But there are still plenty of people being approved too. I can't tell a clear pattern yet. Recon doesn't seem to work either or moving CL from other biz cards to get approved.

I've been closing cards older than a year, spacing them out. Will be going for my next one soon, so guess I'll see. 🤞

It seems hit or miss. The denial DPs shows that something's definitely changed. But there are still plenty of people being approved too. I can't tell a clear pattern yet. Recon doesn't seem to work either or moving CL from other biz cards to get approved.

I've been closing cards older than a year, spacing them out. Will be going for my next one soon, so guess I'll see. 🤞
Will advise if my CIU gets approved. First time in a long time that I did not get instant approval. Just applied yesterday and got the 7-10 day message. Fingers crossed it magically shows up in my Chase Account. I tend to cancel all previous INK Cards after a year and also lowered my Credit Limit on other ones.

As of today I'm seeing the personal SW cards SUB back to 50K/$1K MSR, including support links. I like the SW Priority card that I cancelled last month in preparation to apply for it again. So I just wait 30 days to apply for it again, right? My last SUB on that card posted over 24 months ago. In other news, DH got his CP within two months of being approved for a Biz SW card through careful use of bonus category spend and portals, so I can book my SW tickets as his companion for our upcoming cruise. Assuming that I get approved, we're just shy of 500K SW RRs...I may not even need to go for a CP in 2026-2027 at this rate.😳

As of today I'm seeing the personal SW cards SUB back to 50K/$1K MSR, including support links. I like the SW Priority card that I cancelled last month in preparation to apply for it again. So I just wait 30 days to apply for it again, right? My last SUB on that card posted over 24 months ago. In other news, DH got his CP within two months of being approved for a Biz SW card through careful use of bonus category spend and portals, so I can book my SW tickets as his companion for our upcoming cruise. Assuming that I get approved, we're just shy of 500K SW RRs...I may not even need to go for a CP in 2026-2027 at this rate.😳
Wow that’s great….have around 300k and thought I was doing well lol
And yes wait 30 or 31 days to apply for the SW Priority card

If my P2 gets an AA cc, can I book a flight on my CSR, but still be able to get a free bag? Or does it have to be booked on the AA card?

View attachment 841189
I think you just have to be a Hyatt member, but I was looking at those for last summer and there were never any rooms available. It was really frustrating. We ended up staying at the Cotton House (which is a Marriott).

Darn it, we also use SiriusXM (2 cars $17.86); that's just lame. I don't see any replacement entertainment merchant for it either. I use one Plat for Disney+ ($15.25), another Plat for NYT All-Access ($8.07 [@Duckbug.Ducktales that includes NYT Cooking & Games & Wirecutter - I got it as a promo when I called to cancel my NYT subscription so if you're interested in having the NYT, you can threaten to cancel and see what they offer]). That Plat also covers WSJ/Barrons/MarketWatch ($4.18). Also lost the Audible credit in Oct last year, so one Plat isn't getting any usage out of the entertainment credits. I'm planning on cancelling one of our Plats this year...sometimes the vanilla Plat has better offers than the CS Plat but I haven't seen that in a while so my vanilla Plat is going to get axed.
Thanks, I work at a university so already got NYT for free through work, so I just added the cooking & games part. But if there's nothing good that will be replacing SiriusXM, I might just make a new NYT subscription to support them. Might as well as the credit would go to waste anyway.

I'm trying to think about whether DH and should each keep our vanilla plats. He also currently has a Biz Plat. I want us each to have centurion lounge access but doesn't each need multiple cards for that. It would also be fewer credits to juggle... But I don't want to name Amex mad again, lol.
In my experience, the vanilla Plat does seem to get better offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter