I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So my Delta Plat Biz just came up for renewal. I was planning on PC to the Delta Gold Biz since they raised the fees. But noticed that they are billing me at the old $250 Fee instead of the New $350. With the $200 hotel credit booked with them plus companion ticket - I am thinking it might just pay to keep another year and then decide again next year. What are all you guys doing? This makes sense right? We don't fly Delta often but definitely keeping a card just for checked bags. The hotel perk just makes it better.

Is it true that there's no way to get from the Centurion Lounge in JFK to the actual gates in any of the other terminals without leaving and coming back through security? I read that on FlyerTalk or somewhere similar and it strikes me as horribly inefficient.

So my Delta Plat Biz just came up for renewal. I was planning on PC to the Delta Gold Biz since they raised the fees. But noticed that they are billing me at the old $250 Fee instead of the New $350. With the $200 hotel credit booked with them plus companion ticket - I am thinking it might just pay to keep another year and then decide again next year. What are all you guys doing? This makes sense right? We don't fly Delta often but definitely keeping a card just for checked bags. The hotel perk just makes it better.
That is what I'm doing with my gold. I think it makes sense for you it would be the same price for 1 year as the new gold AF if you factor in that Hotel credit.

DISNEYLAND PEEPS:

This is our only possible trip we have coming up next year and I would like to use points as much as possible. We can do a SUB but will have to apply quickly as we need to pay a high bill next week. We are at 1/24 and mostly use UR but have MR as well. Someone mentioned I use a support like to P2 with my free INK. Which would you suggest?

What hotels would you suggest in the Disneyland area on points? We have a family of 5. I looked into the Courtyard by Marriott and a few Hilton properties. This will be our first time traveling there so would love the input.
If you like URs, you could transfer to Hyatt and stay at the Hyatt House or Hyatt Place. They're across from each other and both are walking distance to the parks.

I made it to Edinburgh. AC called United ops who confirmed that biz class on the EWR —> EDI flight was oversold and I’d have to wait at the gate for either a no show or someone willing to give up their seat for compensation and a seat on the next plane. Hard pass.

I ended up getting the last biz class seat from
YYZ —> LHR (AC) —> FRA —> EDI (last 2 legs on Lufthansa) I had 1 hour connections in London and Frankfurt and made both, thank goodness. In London I had to go through security (thankfully no line) and in Frankfurt I had to take a bus from where we landed to another set of gates in the same terminal. I can’t believe this, but before we left the gate in YYZ someone decided that they wanted to leave the plane (who does this?); they had checked luggage, so we were delayed 15 mins while ground crews retrieved it. I couldn’t believe how quickly they were able to get it, but with a short connection I was worried.

Happy to say that I’m not feeling any urge to travel again any time soon. This trip was very stressful — I got off the phone with AC just before 4pm and I had to leave for the airport less than an hour later.

Do you require chase? Venture X has priority pass (No meal credit though), Capital one lounge is at DFW as well
Doesn't have to be Chase, so the Venture X may be a good option (neither of us have ever had it). For a steep $395 fee, I would definitely need to make use of the $300 travel credit though. How difficult or easy is that? It says it has to be done through their portal, which I'm not familiar with, so I'm assuming it's not easy peasy to use like Chase's travel credit is...

Doesn't have to be Chase, so the Venture X may be a good option (neither of us have ever had it). For a steep $395 fee, I would definitely need to make use of the $300 travel credit though. How difficult or easy is that? It says it has to be done through their portal, which I'm not familiar with, so I'm assuming it's not easy peasy to use like Chase's travel credit is...
No not as easy. With the CSR you swipe, tap online anything that codes as travel is taken off. This is good and bad ie if you want to save the whole $300 to use towards a particular purchase but your money is no longer at $300 because you paid some tolls and parking and didn't have the airline cc so you had to pay for bags. In the end with the CSR you still get the $300 you just might have used portions of it.

As for the Venture X you just login and you can find your flight or hotel you wish and book as normal. Just like any other portal you do not get points for hotels but you will for flights except AA as they recently changed it.

I forgot to add like the CSR, Venture X also comes with Global Entry/TSA Precheck if you need it.

The card has a cheaper Fee and ultimately they pay you $5 after the first year if you use the portal as they give you $100 worth of miles each renewal year. (Mine posted about 2 months after)

1710189517919.png

No not as easy. With the CSR you swipe, tap online anything that codes as travel is taken off. This is good and bad ie if you want to save the whole $300 to use towards a particular purchase but your money is no longer at $300 because you paid some tolls and parking and didn't have the airline cc so you had to pay for bags. In the end with the CSR you still get the $300 you just might have used portions of it.

As for the Venture X you just login and you can find your flight or hotel you wish and book as normal. Just like any other portal you do not get points for hotels but you will for flights except AA as they recently changed it.

I forgot to add like the CSR, Venture X also comes with Global Entry/TSA Precheck if you need it.

The card has a cheaper Fee and ultimately they pay you $5 after the first year if you use the portal as they give you $100 worth of miles each renewal year. (Mine posted about 2 months after)

View attachment 841048
Thanks for the thorough info! Don't need Global/TSA credit as I have that on too many cards to count, lol. Do you find that the prices of hotels/flights are inflated when going through CapOne's portal? Sometimes I find that with Chase UR portal, like with rental cars sometimes the price is way higher than I can find on Expedia or even through Costco, for example.

I guess my net on the card, provided I can use the entire $300 travel credit with no issue, would be $95. So $95 for 75K SUB and priority pass/lounge access. Are CapOne's miles easy to use? Can they be cashed out? I'm a total newbie to CapOne as you can tell!

Will AA let you change to any flight if they change the flight times? I have a flight to CA from OH that was a total of 8 hours including layover that is now 11.5 hours with an extended layover (5 hours instead of 2). Looks like I could leave OH later and still take the second flight but have a short layover of 50 mins. Is 50 mins ok for DFW?

Sucks as all the other flights on AA are either very early in the AM or have 2 stops. I hate when you find the perfect flight times and they get adjusted later.
Got this changed through chat. Thanks @becauseimnew.

Won’t say painless as it took the CSR 30 mins to do so. Fingers crossed no more changes but since the flight is in September, that is probably not likely. I kept my class and seats. I feel like I got a unicorn here as I got first class from Ohio to California for 20k points. Now going for 100k points. It is just domestic so not some wonderful international suite. But it is my first first class flight. We’ll see if it ruins me for flying economy in the future :rotfl2:

Thanks for the thorough info! Don't need Global/TSA credit as I have that on too many cards to count, lol. Do you find that the prices of hotels/flights are inflated when going through CapOne's portal? Sometimes I find that with Chase UR portal, like with rental cars sometimes the price is way higher than I can find on Expedia or even through Costco, for example.

I guess my net on the card, provided I can use the entire $300 travel credit with no issue, would be $95. So $95 for 75K SUB and priority pass/lounge access. Are CapOne's miles easy to use? Can they be cashed out? I'm a total newbie to CapOne as you can tell!
I think all portals can inflated the prices. I will say the JetBlue I showed above was priced the same as the website.

The main reason we got the cards was so that we could wipe out travel booked with a TA friend of ours.
Yes we could have used points and manually searched and transferred points and miles but this was easier.

We just make a purchase and then can wipe it using miles we have. You earn 2x per $ but they are only worth $0.01.
If we do anything in the portal it will ask if you want to use miles. We always say no so that way we can earn the extra miles on hotels or flights and then we redeem points that we just earned on the purchase.

So if you meet the sub you would have a minimum of 79K in points that can be used on travel booked anywhere ($790) and redeemed plus the $300 if using the portal. So that would be almost $1,000 worth of travel over the $95 fee.

Since you said your sapphire clock is not at 4 years and you were possibly going to do a HC pull anyway that is the route I would do.

Again I definitely see the benefits of the CSR but if you can't get the bonus I would just keep the CSP and apply for the X.

1710191995147.png

Finally Oxy took the pain away. But all the meds led to insane nausea. So I actually wished back the pain. I got my wish :( I'm home now, the MRI showed bulge in my discs.

Just getting caught up but wanted to jump in to say that when I had a herniated disc, the only thing that helped was steroids. (When I had similar sciatic pain years later I went to urgent care and said, "I don't want painkillers I just want steroids," and they were happy to oblige. Unfortunately that time turned out to be a pinched nerve and the steroids did nothing.)

I envy you. Time has never passed anyway near "quickly" on a plane for me no matter how many activities I have to occupy me. Every plane ride is like some twisted Star Trek time phenomenon where it feels like an hour has passed but really it was 10 minutes. Part of why I haven't had the courage to travel more than 8-9 hrs away yet. Still padding the points balances to get those room suites for the halfway around the world journeys we'll eventually do!
I recently decided to learn to crochet (long story) but I last week I spent a three-hour flight crocheting and that was the fastest time has ever passed for me on a flight (aside from the very rare occasions I've been able to sleep).

I've had the weirdest Amazon experiences lately which makes me reluctant to buy food/dog food from them. Maybe it's just bad luck. Started with a case of Blue Buffalo dog food for my 17-year old dog. The food was not very wet--almost crumbly. Expiration date was fine. Then I ordered 1 oz. bags of Doritos which I usually get at Sam's but didn't feel like going to Sam's in Naples. I swear they just tasted off. Then I wanted some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (again usually buy at Sam's) and they weren't expired but the color and texture was off. And I know my diet sounds horrible:) Not eating or sleeping well and just wanting my comfort foods.
i only buy the canned water addiction we have and household cleaners/filters I've had the same experience with candy for example from Halloween it must be some way they store it at minium temps or something I'm not 100% sure why. I do love the Carmel Reeses from Costco you're in good company. I also saw they have a Reeese banana I need to try it.

I feel you on this. I'm not enamored of long plane rides either and can't sleep. So reading for 12 hours is no fun.
I have the same problem. I just can't seem to sleep on an airplane, even at night and even in a lie flat seat. I'm so jealous of the people I see who can sleep for 4-6 hours. I'm the one up and reading all night. :( Many of the places I want to visit are far enough away that this is an issue, but I figure I just need some good books loaded on my Kindle.

I recently decided to learn to crochet (long story) but I last week I spent a three-hour flight crocheting and that was the fastest time has ever passed for me on a flight (aside from the very rare occasions I've been able to sleep).
I started chocheting recently, too. I haven't tried to do it on a flight though (would probably make me airsick so I'm afraid to try) but that seems like a great idea. :)

Just noticed Amex is removing SiriusXM from the Platinum monthly digital credits. Sirius and Audible were my main uses of this credit and both gone now (or will be soon).

Amex just seems to be getting worse and worse in comparison to Chase.
I use up my Amex Plat digital credits on the Disney Bundle and that covers it. For DH's credit, we get New York Times Cooking and Games ($6) and SiriusXM ($7.77). Hardly ever look at NYT Cooking but DH does at least use the crossword puzzles occasionally. Sirius was the one that we actually got some value from, so it's a bummer that it's being removed! Basically, we'd be getting no value from DH's Plat digital credit. 😑

Hi, all. Currently in a 3X on everything Chase window. If I place a $4000 Venmo charge (for services) on the card, will I get chase points? I realize there will be a 3% Venmo fee but would be worth it to me for 12,000 points.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I just can't seem to sleep on an airplane, even at night and even in a lie flat seat. I'm so jealous of the people I see who can sleep for 4-6 hours. I'm the one up and reading all night. :( Many of the places I want to visit are far enough away that this is an issue, but I figure I just need some good books loaded on my Kindle.
In biz class, it also drove me a bit nuts that I couldn't talk with my DS or DH. I don't talk a lot on a flight, but DS was in the seat next to me and I couldn't even reach across the divider to get his attention. Yes, I read a lot on my Kindle, both in the airport lounge and on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter