I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Barclays Wyndham biz finally approved!!! I was ready to give up on it. 3 weeks and 13 phone calls (basically called every weekday). 3rd time I was told approved. But the status website shows it so it's real this time!

Crazy that I can be told approved 2 other times and not actually be approved. First time was just credit side approved. Second time, security side told me approved, but they did the verification by calling my cell phone. So I guess that didn't really go through.

Sent SSN twice, second time copied as black and white and then faxed based on DPs that works better. Still told they can't see the seal and serial number on the back. So sent 1040. 3x. They kept saying not received so finally it occurred to me maybe they thought the application was for DH since he's primary on the joint, even though I put on the cover sheet my name. Third time, I put the application ID on the cover sheet. Maybe that did the trick.

Really insane process. Hardest application I've ever had by miles! Oh, and yes, got the common $1300 CL lol.

Now to wait for the Diamond status to show up on Wyndham Rewards and then do the Caesar's match. 🤞🤞🤞 that goes smoothly, though I know a lot can go wrong there too. Whatever happens, can't say I didn't try! :faint:

Bumping this question, as I never got any input:
Just checked my DH's CSP CL, and it's only $5K. I was hoping to PC to CSR, but I know you have to have $10k. The only cards with CL he could move are biz cards, and [someone did answer that you can't transfer CL between biz and personal]. The main question is: WWYD? Is PC from CSP to CSR worth a hard pull for the credit line increase? Basically we'd be wanting CSR for travel credits/PP lounge access and car rental insurance. Not sure if that would also restart his 4 year clock, if they have to hard pull.

The 90K SUB just ended like a month or so ago, so it's probably going to be a little while before it'll come back. Just a guess.
Yea I wasn't sure if it was just January that the bonus was higher or if they offered it any other times. Thanks I hate to get the card and the next day a bonus amount come up lol

We always fly the night before so I hate wasting DVC points for a Friday night and try to use the FNC for something and then move on site the next morning.
We're all different! I can't wait to get to WDW and unpack my things at whichever DVC resort I'm staying, even if I'm getting there late in the day. I feel like once I unpack, the vacation truly begins, lol

Just checked my DH's CSP CL, and it's only $5K. I was hoping to PC to CSR, but I know you have to have $10k. The only cards with CL he could move are biz cards, and [someone did answer that you can't transfer CL between biz and personal]. The main question is: WWYD? Is PC from CSP to CSR worth a hard pull for the credit line increase? Basically we'd be wanting CSR for travel credits/PP lounge access and car rental insurance. Not sure if that would also restart his 4 year clock, if they have to hard pull.
Where are you on the clock? Can you just do a new app?

I'm a bad churner as the CSR is a card I've kept it and could have had a total of 3 bonuses now but it has served me well.
The only changes I haven't liked the AF going up, no longer earn the 3x on the $300 credit, and the doordash credits are no longer $60 at once and instead is $5 a month and you can only save 3 months at a time.

P1 & P2 both have Venture X's but I believe the CSR rental insurance is better. Have only used it once but was reimbursed easily.

I would certainly do the hard pull as it is worth it to us if you can't do a new app.

We're all different! I can't wait to get to WDW and unpack my things at whichever DVC resort I'm staying, even if I'm getting there late in the day. I feel like once I unpack, the vacation truly begins, lol
Yes that is how SO is. When I have the FNC it hurts to use the points. I may compromise next trip and use the $300 Cap 1 credit to book at Disney if I can find a DVC so we can stay in the same room as our point reservation.

It wouldn't restart his clock as it's 4 years from when he last got the bonus.

I think I care about hard pulls more than most, so I'd be thinking through alternatives. Is there a Chase personal card he'd want, how does it fit within his 5/24 and Chase velocity? Can you do the PC instead?

The CSP has primary car rental insurance as well. Do you need the difference in coverage? One of which is what they define as "high value vehicle" isn't covered under the CSP.

So, just like @babyready I applied for an INK today. (After cancelling one ink and lowering credit on another). Got the 7-10 day message. Every other time it was instant approval. Hoping it just shows up in my online account...

MIL decided to pay for a cruise for 13 of us "before she dies" (her words) and had me put the whole thing on my card. So not only do I get a free cruise out of it but I also achieved the Biz Plat SUB (which I was stressing about) in like... 6 days. :banana:
My mom used to say things like that (before she dies, not being that generous!) She came pretty close to 97 before she passed.

My mom used to say things like that (before she dies, not being that generous!) She came pretty close to 97 before she passed.
Live shot of me carrying her through the streets of Athens to see the Acropolis.

giphy.gif

I seem to remember it went down in the summer and I was SM'ing to match to the 90,000 for a couple of cards opened in the middle of 2023.
Could have been, as I don't think the high SUB was around for a solid 13-14 months if using my first/last dates (November 22 to Jan 24). I think I may have asked for a match somewhere in the middle as well. Maybe my July 23 was a match request... don't remember for sure though, and I didn't note that on my spreadsheet.

It wouldn't restart his clock as it's 4 years from when he last got the bonus.

I think I care about hard pulls more than most, so I'd be thinking through alternatives. Is there a Chase personal card he'd want, how does it fit within his 5/24 and Chase velocity? Can you do the PC instead?

The CSP has primary car rental insurance as well. Do you need the difference in coverage? One of which is what they define as "high value vehicle" isn't covered under the CSP.
Thanks for your thoughts. Glad to know it wouldn't restart the clock. I also tend to care more about the hard pulls as well, especially since it would be a hard pull that isn't receiving any spend bonus.

I'm an idiot on the CSP car rental insurance. For some reason, I had this on my spreadsheet as secondary insurance, not primary. We don't need the difference between the two coverages, so that part I'm set on. One less reason to get the CSR, lol.

So really, the travel credits would be *nice*, since you can optimize to use it twice with one AF, but that doesn't seem like enough reason to upgrade for me. (Essentially netting $50 on the upgrade.)

The last reason would be Priority Pass. We have one upcoming flight in May, that had a dreaded AA schedule change and now has a 4 hour layover at DFW. (There are no other sooner flights to change to either.) I was hoping we could get PP and have lounge access, as a 4 hour layover without seems dreadful. BUT, this also doesn't seem like enough reason for a hard pull to me. We have 6 other flights booked this year, and so far all of them only have layovers of 45 minutes to an hour, which doesn't warrant lounge access in my book as it's barely enough time.

So if anyone can recommend a way to spend 4 hours in DFW without accessing a lounge, I think I'll move past this idea 😂 and save the hard pull for the inevitable new card we'll get I'm sure at some point.

DISNEYLAND PEEPS:

This is our only possible trip we have coming up next year and I would like to use points as much as possible. We can do a SUB but will have to apply quickly as we need to pay a high bill next week. We are at 1/24 and mostly use UR but have MR as well. Someone mentioned I use a support like to P2 with my free INK. Which would you suggest?

What hotels would you suggest in the Disneyland area on points? We have a family of 5. I looked into the Courtyard by Marriott and a few Hilton properties. This will be our first time traveling there so would love the input.

Thanks for your thoughts. Glad to know it wouldn't restart the clock. I also tend to care more about the hard pulls as well, especially since it would be a hard pull that isn't receiving any spend bonus.

I'm an idiot on the CSP car rental insurance. For some reason, I had this on my spreadsheet as secondary insurance, not primary. We don't need the difference between the two coverages, so that part I'm set on. One less reason to get the CSR, lol.

So really, the travel credits would be *nice*, since you can optimize to use it twice with one AF, but that doesn't seem like enough reason to upgrade for me. (Essentially netting $50 on the upgrade.)

The last reason would be Priority Pass. We have one upcoming flight in May, that had a dreaded AA schedule change and now has a 4 hour layover at DFW. (There are no other sooner flights to change to either.) I was hoping we could get PP and have lounge access, as a 4 hour layover without seems dreadful. BUT, this also doesn't seem like enough reason for a hard pull to me. We have 6 other flights booked this year, and so far all of them only have layovers of 45 minutes to an hour, which doesn't warrant lounge access in my book as it's barely enough time.

So if anyone can recommend a way to spend 4 hours in DFW without accessing a lounge, I think I'll move past this idea 😂 and save the hard pull for the inevitable new card we'll get I'm sure at some point.
Do you require chase? Venture X has priority pass (No meal credit though), Capital one lounge is at DFW as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter