I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes please! Which airline? I'm doing Taipei to Toronto on AVA in September, another super long flight, but ANA biz class is supposed to be amazing. Regardless the long flight time scares me a little bit.
Taipei-Toronto should be EVA - unless is ANA going through Tokyo?

I've not yet taken biz but EVA and ANA generally both have pretty good reputations so hopefully will be good flights! I did fly ANA long haul in premium economy last year and it was fairly good as far as flights go. Took EVA long haul in economy a few years ago and short haul in economy last year and the flights were also pretty good.

I find long haul flights generally OK as long as I have something to occupy my time and as long as I can get some sleep. These days I use my Airpods Pro for the noise cancellation (works really well to drown out the background airplane noise), load lots of books on my phone, watch a movie or TV show, sleep a bit, and time passes relatively quickly on the plane...

I'm guessing Singapore Airlines. I did that flight in December from Newark - Premium Economy but had the 2 seats at the front left of the cabin with about 10 feet of legroom - it was awesome. It was the plane that does not have an economy cabin, only Premium and Biz. I was dreading the 18 hour flight, but it passed much quicker than I expected. Cabin crew were excellent as well.
Yes indeed it was the Singapore Airlines flights! I was in premium economy, had a solo seat at the back which really made it a completely amazing experience. And yes the cabin crew on my flight were excellent and reminded me of why I like flying with them...

For lowering your CL, is it a Chase card? For Chase, you'll want to keep total CL across all your Chase cards to be under 75k-ish or 50% of income, whichever is lower. If it's not a Chase card, then it probably doesn't matter.
Is that just for personal cards? Does the limit from Business count towards the $75k?

I was only trying to change the flight for 1 person. I did a search withought being signed in for 3 and got the same lower price.

Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and change the flights and then change back. It's not a lot of points saved but I'll take what I can get.
And this morning the change feature is working as expected

Hopefully my TA days are over right now as per booking flights.

Just finished adding son in law to the return trip from our Disney trip.

Then had to find him a flight down, as the one my DD's are on continues to be full.

Booked him from a different airport which is actually closer to their home, that arrives about a half hour earlier than their flight.

The good thing about this area, loads of flights to choose over 3 airports.

When I've booked SW in the past, points options were pretty much 1:1 with dollar options. Now, the points cost for both flights was quite a bit cheaper. Not complaining.

I have been unable to find this group on Reddit. Can someone help me with this?

It's a private group.

Email @gottalovepluto

(I think I spelled that correctly) and give her your Reddit name and she will help you out.
Hi @disneyfan551 the private subreddit is https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/

You have to be added into the group to see the content. There should be a way to send a message to the mod group from that page, and one of us will get you added, but reddit likes to change it up. (For a while now the link only showed up if it detected a desktop view :rolleyes2) So you can send me your reddit name if you don't see the mod mail link.

You have to be added into the group to see the content. There should be a way to send a message to the mod group from that page, and one of us will get you added, but reddit likes to change it up. (For a while now the link only showed up if it detected a desktop view :rolleyes2) So you can send me your reddit name if you don't see the mod mail link.
Thanks!

time passes relatively quickly on the plane.
I envy you. Time has never passed anyway near "quickly" on a plane for me no matter how many activities I have to occupy me. Every plane ride is like some twisted Star Trek time phenomenon where it feels like an hour has passed but really it was 10 minutes. Part of why I haven't had the courage to travel more than 8-9 hrs away yet. Still padding the points balances to get those room suites for the halfway around the world journeys we'll eventually do!

I envy you. Time has never passed anyway near "quickly" on a plane for me no matter how many activities I have to occupy me. Every plane ride is like some twisted Star Trek time phenomenon where it feels like an hour has passed but really it was 10 minutes. Part of why I haven't had the courage to travel more than 8-9 hrs away yet. Still padding the points balances to get those room suites for the halfway around the world journeys we'll eventually do!
I feel you on this. I'm not enamored of long plane rides either and can't sleep. So reading for 12 hours is no fun.

The SW CP offer is only on the personal cards and expires in 2 days. That promotional CP is only good through 2/28/25. You can also get a CP by earning 135k SW points in a year, which usually involves getting 2 SW cards. This CP would last the current year and the entire next year. So people often time it for the begining of the year to maximize it. Do you only have 1 SW flight planned where you need the CP?

The rule of thumb is to space out Chase cards (both personal and biz) every 3 months.

The Marriott 5 free night offer is on the Chase Boundless (personal) and Amex business card. The Marriott cards have convoluted rules. If you've had a Marriott card before, you'll need to check one of the charts. If not, then basically you're picking if you want to go down the Chase or Amex track first. I prefer the Amex track because it has the business card and the Brilliant (personal) appeals to me more because I like aspirational hotels. Plus it doesn't take up my Chase velocity. Others may prefer the Chase track for other reasons, such as eventually upgrading to the Ritz card which you can no longer apply for.

Keep in mind that the free nights are capped at 50k each and can be topped off up to 15k, so the maximum you can use it for is a night that is 65k. They expire 1 year after you earn them. You'll want to check if the hotel you're interested in tends to be below that price. Marriott has dynamic pricing though and the points values change all the time, so there are no guarantees. Nothing more frustrating than seeing what you want at 66k.

For lowering your CL, is it a Chase card? For Chase, you'll want to keep total CL across all your Chase cards to be under 75k-ish or 50% of income, whichever is lower. If it's not a Chase card, then it probably doesn't matter.
Regarding the CP, it would actually be more beneficial for me to use with my Mom that travels with me to my medical appointments every month. Once you receive the CP, Are you ever able to change it to another person?
I will take a look at the AE Marriott business card and also look at reward values for hotels I would like to use them for.
Great info overall. Thanks so much!

I checked again and still no luck. Must be since I’m viewing it on my cell phone. My name is the same there… Disneyfan551 if you can please add me. Thanks!

Question for IHG experts, I transferred some points between spouse accts yesterday- how long IRL does it take to see that transfer?
and IHG website...... it's a mess. It took me multiple tries with different browsers to finally succeed (FYI Chrome worked best) and get into transfer points page.....sigh Firefox,safari etc it just glitches every time. That said, I love the program and get so much use out of it every year.... I'm REALLY tempted to get rid of my $49af old card so I can app for that premier card..... (I have the biz card too) I'm trying to figure it out, it doesn't seem 'worth it' to hang onto that old card for the free night, instead would I be smarter to get the premier, pay the $99af,and still get a free night? (and the bonus points)

Booked our Universal trip with URs and my CSR. I can't believe I've been in this group for years and this is the first time I've utilized the chase portal and the 1.5x points! Not gonna lie though, it's hard seeing those point balances drop.

My only worry now is how we're going to feel about going to Orlando and not doing Disney. We're definitely HP fans so that part will be fun, but are we going to be sorry we didn't do a split stay?
No. All you gotta do to prove that to yourself is price out the split stay.

I like some parts of Universal (not the thrill rides) but I've priced out a couple of nights combined with a Disney vacation and it's just too much.

But, two separate trips, yes!

No. All you gotta do to prove that to yourself is price out the split stay.

I like some parts of Universal (not the thrill rides) but I've priced out a couple of nights combined with a Disney vacation and it's just too much.

But, two separate trips, yes!
I have priced it out and am doing split stay (in 12 days! Yay!) but for us it's about how much time off from work we can get. We are doing 5 days WDW, 2 days UO with 3 nights at RPR and leaving the next morning. We really will have 1.75 2 days at UO by the time we check out of Swan and check into RPR but with the Express Pass we'll be fine. Without points, would not be doable. Used URs for Swan and RPR, CSR travel credit x2 for UO tix, SW flights on points/CP, WDW tix with discounted DGC. Still spent $2k and have $1800 in DGC for meals etc.

Last edited:
Regarding the CP, it would actually be more beneficial for me to use with my Mom that travels with me to my medical appointments every month. Once you receive the CP, Are you ever able to change it to another person?
You can change a limited number of times. I believe it is three times annually, but I'm not sure if that includes the initial declaration or not.

I will take a look at the AE Marriott business card and also look at reward values for hotels I would like to use them for.
Great info overall. Thanks so much!

Yes, you can change your companion up to 3 times in a calendar year. Your companion can't have any booked CP tickets when you change it to someone else. So it'll take some planning to see when you should add your companion to your ticket. You can add them as long as there's any seat available on the flight.

There is the risk of the flight selling out, so I've booked back-up flights with points before. Once I added my companion, I canceled the back-up. But if the flight sold out, I would have kept the back-up instead of risking canceling and the seat not coming back.

Question for IHG experts, I transferred some points between spouse accts yesterday- how long IRL does it take to see that transfer?
and IHG website...... it's a mess. It took me multiple tries with different browsers to finally succeed (FYI Chrome worked best) and get into transfer points page.....sigh Firefox,safari etc it just glitches every time. That said, I love the program and get so much use out of it every year.... I'm REALLY tempted to get rid of my $49af old card so I can app for that premier card..... (I have the biz card too) I'm trying to figure it out, it doesn't seem 'worth it' to hang onto that old card for the free night, instead would I be smarter to get the premier, pay the $99af,and still get a free night? (and the bonus points)

I've had that argument with myself and keeping the $49 card won.

However, my plan involves churning the biz card every two to three years.

You will have to determine if the math works for you because it will be different for everyone. I have specific redemptions that I do, so, 2 free nights plus the 165k from the Biz are plenty over a two year period for me. Don't know if they will keep doing the occasional high SUB, but that's how it goes.

However, if I started booking higher point properties, I might want to churn a card every year, and then would give up the $49 one. I think I'm good right now.

Also, I'm holding onto 4 Marriott cards, a Hilton Surpass and a Hyatt card plus have Choice points still. (Not trying to increase those.) So, I'm diversified and go in all different directions for a simple, lower cost ending.

Everyone is different. And I've never failed to spend that $49 annual FNC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter