I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have a new card that gives free TSA pre-check, so I want to get it for my DS. He's 12 right now, turning 13 in June. We have a May trip and a July trip where we'll be flying, so I thought I'd go ahead and sign up now. In looking at the documentation required at the appointment, it says it requires a photo id such as state id, drivers license, passport, etc. He does not have a passport. He has a middle school id, and we have his birth certificate. Would I need to first get him a state id (if that's possible), and then apply for precheck? Has anyone had experience with getting precheck for a minor? Thanks!
In Michigan, I got my DD a State ID when she was 12 so she could fly with the band. It was easy. Not sure if all states are like that though.

I have a new card that gives free TSA pre-check, so I want to get it for my DS. He's 12 right now, turning 13 in June. We have a May trip and a July trip where we'll be flying, so I thought I'd go ahead and sign up now. In looking at the documentation required at the appointment, it says it requires a photo id such as state id, drivers license, passport, etc. He does not have a passport. He has a middle school id, and we have his birth certificate. Would I need to first get him a state id (if that's possible), and then apply for precheck? Has anyone had experience with getting precheck for a minor? Thanks!
My recommendation would be to get the state ID. How much work it entails is dependent on the state. In my state of Wisconsin all my son will need is either my wife or I to accompany him with our Driver's License, a report card and his birth certificate. In Minnesota it takes a birth certificate and SS card, a public school ID can be used in place of the SS card if it has a picture.

I recall reading this has been an issue for minors who don't have a passport and don't have any type of government issued photo identification. I would look at your state ID requirements. From what I've read it seems TSA pre-check appts are relatively easy to come by, so it's possible you may have everything together in time for your May trip.

I believe your son can join your in the precheck line if under 12 and if over 12 and you're on the same ressie, he may automatically get the precheck status (if so, it'll be indicated on his boarding pass). I know that's not guaranteed status, but if you don't wanna jump through the hoops of a state pass, it's a decent, no effort option.

Bilt Rewards is offering 1000 points for linking a credit card and you can do this twice. I think it's today only as part of Rent Day. You only need to sign up for their rewards program, do not need the Bilt cc. They have many transfer partners, with AA being the most valuable to me since there aren't many ways to transfer to AA.

You can also do the Points Quest challenge today for 250 points. Or link awards programs for 100 each (up to 5), this can be done anytime.

@elgerber Did you ever get activity to keep your AA miles alive? The Bilt points posted immediately after I linked the cc's. Not sure how long the AA transfer takes.
Thanks for posting this! I missed that the bonus for the day was added points for linking cards. 11:30pm for the win...nothing like last minute!

same i always use points always worth more than cash back can get 1.1-2x a point pretty easily most of the time even though I strive for higher. I also switch Rakuten to Amex points don't regret it at all.
Ok Thanks- I found some sites that rent out the timeshares.... Not sure if this is legit or not- and the hotel site- I'll have to do some research !

Ok Thanks- I found some sites that rent out the timeshares.... Not sure if this is legit or not- and the hotel site- I'll have to do some research !
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is all timeshare. You can find cash reservations on Wyndham's website. We stayed there in 2022. The units were nice. They were just finishing refurbishing all of their units.

I'm not sure what the cost is like but there is the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort next door which is a hotel.
I think I found the hotel for some dates on UR portal also...this could work out

Ds and I were supposed to head to London on March 13 to see Arsenal vs Chelsea on the 16th. But Chelsea is now headed to the FA Cup (I think that's what it is called!) and our game has been bumped to a not-yet-set date in April or May. Obviously flying on points I can't make changes at this point. So the trip has to be scratched. We are going to try to get hospitality box seats for a match in November or December when the calendar opens in July, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get flights on points that late. We shall see. I know that AC won't be an option with dynamic pricing, hopefully BA or AA will work.

Even worse is the fact that I used 3 of dh's priority rewards to book seats (half the points cost for seats in biz class), which have now expired. If I don't go on the trip solo then I lose all 3; I do have the option of changing the flights, but travel must be completed by June, 2023. So I am scrambling to decide where I want to go that's not going to cost $$$. I have settled on flying on AC from TO-->JFK (on Singapore Air)-->FRA (on Lufthansa) -->EDI on March 11th, landing in EDI on the March 12th. I'll spend 3 nights in Edinburgh and take the train to London on the 15th. I'll keep my flight home from London on the 19th. This way I just have 1 priority reward to use on something.

Ds and I were staying at the Conrad St. James because he really liked the lounge last year (so he could work from there when necessary), but I didn't love it and find it a bit expensive for the location (not really walking distance to any restaurants). I'm scouring hotels in London looking for a deal in the area that I want to stay (Mayfair) -- not an easy task, but I think that I've settled on Mayfair Townhouses (maybe). I found a great deal on Visa Signature Hotels booking for Great Scotland Yard Hotel, but I really want to be in Mayfair so I can access 3 tube lines from Green Park. In Edinburgh I'm going to book the Market Street Hotel -- I saw it last time we were there -- I love the location (right by Waverly train station) and it is pretty new with an aesthetic that I like at a very affordable price.

There is still the chance that I might scrap the trip, but at least I was able to get the flight from JFK to FRA on Singapore Air in biz class and the short connection time in Frankfurt (for 35k AP points using the priority reward) -- maybe that's a sign? Honestly if I wasn't headed to Paris and Amsterdam on April 2nd I wouldn't be hesitating, but I'm not convinced that I want to go overseas almost back-to-back. First world problems, I am very aware.

Has anyone stayed at the Balmoral in Edinburgh? It's $200.00 more (total) than the Market Street Hotel -- last time I was in Edinburgh every time I walked by I told myself that next time I'd stay there. But I am not sure if it's worth it or not? If anyone has stayed there are the rooms old and stale or new-ish but meant to look like grandma's apartment? The bathrooms look fine. I have my $300.00 Cap1 travel credit that I can use, but wouldn't get any benefits like I would with AmEx FHR, where I have my $200.00 travel credit and would also get breakfast daily and $100.00 F&B credit (afternoon tea maybe).

Last edited:
Bonnet Creek Wyndham.....anyone stayed there/booked there? Is it all timeshare,or is some of it regular hotel rooms? What's the best way to book something? Might have a fam trip next year based there....

We stayed there about six years ago on a large, extended family trip. It was excellent! The rooms were large and had lots of room, nice full kitchens, clean, etc. I never went down to the pool area but my family thought it was awesome. Super close to the parks (but no free transit option, just a pay shuttle, if things are the same) We drove so I can't really speak to how the transportation was.

I believe that we booked through Vacation Strategy after seeing them recommended here many times. I believe there was one other company that is often recommended here as well.

Go check out the "We love Bonnet Creek" thread here, I do believe it still gets some action. There is good information there.

The timeshare side and the hotel are pretty different things. The one thing I remember during our time was that the timeshare had free parking and the hotel did not. But I believe there are several other differences. Generally, the timeshare side came highly recommended but not so much the hotel side (but things could have obviously changed).

Hmm...I know it's possible to get one added somehow because I did it. I just don't remember what I did to make it happen!

Is it under Manage Account? I can't do it since I already have a Disney debit, but I go to Manage account to replace my debit card.

Call the number on the back of your card and ask to change the design to a Disney design. I don't see an option on the online menu to change it.

Same here. Maybe I don't see it since I already have a Disney debit card too.
I called CS last week and they sent me a Disney Debit card attached to my checking! Very excited to have those discounts available for our upcoming trip. I am going to upgrade my dated tickets to an AP but not until the end of the trip since I don't want to be beholden to park reservations so this will help a lot! Much appreciated.

Also love the design! You can probably guess which one I got!
<<<<<<

We’re looking to do a quick weekend trip to Atlanta to visit the aquarium. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for that area or next to the Atlanta airport?

Last edited:
We’re looking to do a quick weekend trip to Atlanta to visit the aquarium. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for that area or next to the Atlanta airport?
I've stayed at both the Hyatt Place/Centennial Park and the Embassy Suites at Centennial Olympic Park. Both would allow you to walk to the Aquarium and other attractions/restaurants in the area.

I've stayed at both the Hyatt Place/Centennial Park and the Embassy Suites at Centennial Olympic Park. Both would allow you to walk to the Aquarium and other attractions/restaurants in the area.
Did you feel safe staying there?

Did you feel safe staying there?
I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton several times which isn't too far away but probably not what you're looking for. I feel safe in Centennial Park (so I think these hotel recommendations would feel safe) and on Georgia Tech's campus. Otherwise, I get nervous in midtown/downtown Atlanta. The botanical garden is also beautiful.

I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton several times which isn't too far away but probably not what you're looking for. I feel safe in Centennial Park (so I think these hotel recommendations would feel safe) and on Georgia Tech's campus. Otherwise, I get nervous in midtown/downtown Atlanta. The botanical garden is also beautiful.
Thanks for the reply. I saw some reviews on some of the hotels right by the park saying they didn’t feel safe at night so it made me worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter