I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Mostly for the SUB. But I would hold until the 85k FNC and then downgrade to the $95 Bonvoy card, paying a prorated second year AF. I've read that if you downgrade after the AF but before the FNC, you'll still get the 85k FNC. But when DH did this, I didn't want to chance it, so waited until the FNC posted (about 2 months after the AF).

I forgot this earlier, but this isn't highest ever, which would be 150k + 85k FNC. Can't remember why I didn't do it then. Probably 4/24 or pop-up as well lol.
I had the original Brilliant, kept it until they changed the fee and then downgraded. I received the 85K FNC. This year I'll get the 35K FNC.

If you needed new sneakers and were going to spend around $150-200 - which offer would you use:

Chase - 10% back up to $32
Amex - +10 MRs up to 10,000

I always pick real cash back over points, but second guessing myself on this one.

If you needed new sneakers and were going to spend around $150-200 - which offer would you use:

I always pick real cash back over points, but second guessing myself on this one.
I would go points. But that's just on the theory I can get 1.2-1.4cpp from Delta as a floor.

Bonnet Creek Wyndham.....anyone stayed there/booked there? Is it all timeshare,or is some of it regular hotel rooms? What's the best way to book something? Might have a fam trip next year based there....

I would go with points in this scenario. For me 10k MRs is worth $100 cash out through Schwab worst case scenario. However, to me, they are potentially worth $160 at a minimum for airline transfers. Keep in mind I will value points over cash about 95% of the time due to the way I use them.

Bonnet Creek Wyndham.....anyone stayed there/booked there? Is it all timeshare,or is some of it regular hotel rooms? What's the best way to book something? Might have a fam trip next year based there....
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is all timeshare. You can find cash reservations on Wyndham's website. We stayed there in 2022. The units were nice. They were just finishing refurbishing all of their units.

I'm not sure what the cost is like but there is the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort next door which is a hotel.

I would go with points in this scenario. For me 10k MRs is worth $100 cash out through Schwab worst case scenario. However, to me, they are potentially worth $160 at a minimum for airline transfers. Keep in mind I will value points over cash about 95% of the time due to the way I use them.
same i always use points always worth more than cash back can get 1.1-2x a point pretty easily most of the time even though I strive for higher. I also switch Rakuten to Amex points don't regret it at all.

So after all this time I've never actually booked through the Chase portal... I'm booking our hotel for Universal and it doesn't give me an option to choose club level. DH really wants to try club, so if I book a regular room at Royal Pacific will I be able to call and ask them for an upgrade (if available) and just pay the difference? I know they have them because it's an option when I go through Universal.

Bilt Rewards is offering 1000 points for linking a credit card and you can do this twice. I think it's today only as part of Rent Day. You only need to sign up for their rewards program, do not need the Bilt cc. They have many transfer partners, with AA being the most valuable to me since there aren't many ways to transfer to AA.

You can also do the Points Quest challenge today for 250 points. Or link awards programs for 100 each (up to 5), this can be done anytime.

@elgerber Did you ever get activity to keep your AA miles alive? The Bilt points posted immediately after I linked the cc's. Not sure how long the AA transfer takes.

So after all this time I've never actually booked through the Chase portal... I'm booking our hotel for Universal and it doesn't give me an option to choose club level. DH really wants to try club, so if I book a regular room at Royal Pacific will I be able to call and ask them for an upgrade (if available) and just pay the difference? I know they have them because it's an option when I go through Universal.
I'd call the hotel in advance of booking and ask. Since UR bookings show at the hotel as coming through Expedia, they generally aren't very fond of doing much for them.

same i always use points always worth more than cash back can get 1.1-2x a point pretty easily most of the time even though I strive for higher. I also switch Rakuten to Amex points don't regret it at all.

My goal is always 2 cents a point or better. Easy with Hyatt. It's a struggle with Hilton but manage to get there or darn close. I did the switch to Rakuten for MR too. Although I am not especially loyal to it. Sometimes, I will check cash back monitor to see which portal has the option on a given day. Or, if I am trying to accumulate for a specific reason like AA miles to get or maintain status, that will take priority.

For some years I was wavering on cash back vs points if it was 10% or better on Disney gift cards and then buying the rest of my DGCs at 5x with an Ink, Freedom or whatever. That strategy always saved me about $1,000 in DVC dues an earned 50K-60K in URs each year. This last time, I did things differently. Instead, we picked up two CIUs at 90K each, referral bonus for both at 40K each and then used the MSR on each to pay the dues. This netted me over 270K URs. That is infinitely better than what I was doing before. Also less work lol

I booked Hard Rock club level through the portal so I know it’s available at times. It may be that there are no club level available to them for your dates. (Doesn’t necessarily mean the hotel has no club available just not for 3rd party booking). If he just wants to try club and is open to other places, you can check the portal to see if Hard Rock or Portofino have club available. Otherwise I agree with previous poster to call directly before booking.

My goal is always 2 cents a point or better. Easy with Hyatt. It's a struggle with Hilton but manage to get there or darn close. I did the switch to Rakuten for MR too. Although I am not especially loyal to it. Sometimes, I will check cash back monitor to see which portal has the option on a given day. Or, if I am trying to accumulate for a specific reason like AA miles to get or maintain status, that will take priority.

For some years I was wavering on cash back vs points if it was 10% or better on Disney gift cards and then buying the rest of my DGCs at 5x with an Ink, Freedom or whatever. That strategy always saved me about $1,000 in DVC dues an earned 50K-60K in URs each year. This last time, I did things differently. Instead, we picked up two CIUs at 90K each, referral bonus for both at 40K each and then used the MSR on each to pay the dues. This netted me over 270K URs. That is infinitely better than what I was doing before. Also less work lol
I keep spreadsheets for every year since someone said I should on this thread (cant remember when)
2023 averaging 5 cpm for hyatt 4 cpp for flights.
2024 this year I'm averaging 8 cents per point for flights and 5 cents for hyatt.
It's been bad but I feel this is a game in itself can I get more cpp out of a point? maybe. Its also gotten to the point I can do the point conversion pretty quickly as sad or as cool as that might seem on this thread.
agreed I wouldn't have jumped on the AA bandwagon if I didn't get the status match at the right time (while I was otw back from japan) also you get the cross over with Hyatt. I usually pick which is higher but if its equal I use aa over rakuten because that also counts towards status.

I booked Hard Rock club level through the portal so I know it’s available at times. It may be that there are no club level available to them for your dates. (Doesn’t necessarily mean the hotel has no club available just not for 3rd party booking). If he just wants to try club and is open to other places, you can check the portal to see if Hard Rock or Portofino have club available. Otherwise I agree with previous poster to call directly before booking.
Yes, they do actually have a Hard Rock club level for our dates, but DH is set on Royal Pacific. I think he's sad about not doing Disney, so he thinks it's a way to get his Poly fix 😂 We've never been, so we have nothing to compare it to. They all seem very walkable, decent pools and all.

Yes, they do actually have a Hard Rock club level for our dates, but DH is set on Royal Pacific. I think he's sad about not doing Disney, so he thinks it's a way to get his Poly fix 😂 We've never been, so we have nothing to compare it to. They all seem very walkable, decent pools and all.
We will be at RPR for spring break. Totally walkable, Poly vibe for sure. HRH is closer, very convenient but the decor was meh for us.
I would definitely give them a call to see if upgrading is possible. Also keep checking the UR portal as things come and go.

I have a Amex Personal Plat and DH got got a 90k SUB for a Amex Gold. Can I just put his Amex Gold CC in my Uber app to stack the monthly credits? I do use them, so $10 doesn't hurt, but I'd rather not deal with him setting up an Uber account and app, lol.

I have a new card that gives free TSA pre-check, so I want to get it for my DS. He's 12 right now, turning 13 in June. We have a May trip and a July trip where we'll be flying, so I thought I'd go ahead and sign up now. In looking at the documentation required at the appointment, it says it requires a photo id such as state id, drivers license, passport, etc. He does not have a passport. He has a middle school id, and we have his birth certificate. Would I need to first get him a state id (if that's possible), and then apply for precheck? Has anyone had experience with getting precheck for a minor? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter