I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We have only been to London once, so I'm by no means an expert. We did however walk around BP and our hotel was quite close. Not a Hyatt but booked The Resident Victoria thru Chase portal and had tea at The Rubens at the Palace, also booked thru the portal. Both walking distance to Buckingham Palace. The plus for The Resident was that it slept 3. The picture is DS lounging in the room. The space for third person is a daybed type of thing but not a pullout sofa and it was fully made up for him. If your 18 yo is over 6 feet it would probably be too small. The room was compact but well organized with a mini kitchenette & a good size closet. View attachment 834551
Just booked the Resident Victoria through the Chase portal on UR's! Am currently looking at tea at Rubens. :) Thanks so much for this picture!

First off, glad to hear you're doing great and I hope the trials lead to success!

There is a lot to unpack here but I'll give it a shot. Before I get going too far, I see that you have Hilton points already. Are you interested in continuing with them? I only mention because the Hilton cards have a high points welcome offer going on now with a free night certificate. The offers end 7/19 so I'd look at the Biz card today (7/18) and decide if you could use the offer. The business option won't report to your CR and there's no crazy eligibility charts like Marriott so getting it won't really affect much of anything else on a future CC path. But if they're not your favorite choice then trying to find somewhere to use the FNC in the next year not really helpful. Don't just FOMO apply because everyone else is if it won't bring you joy :p They've done similar bonuses before so I'm sure it'll probably come around again at some point. But I'd feel bad if I didn't point it out and it'd be useful for you. (I'll also point out if you decide on a personal Hilton flavor it'll make a Chase card journey a little harder, so if you're interested in any of Chase's cards I'd focus on the business option unless you have a really good case for another. A personal would change the degree of difficulty on the Chase cards.)

Secondly, let me make sure I understand your cards in the last 2 years. Did you really cancel a card 3 months after getting it? Was there a reason to do that? As a general practice we recommend holding a card for a year. For some bonuses this is a requirement to avoid clawback of the bonus under the agreement terms, for some if you've paid an annual fee may as well get use out of it since you won't get a pro-rated refund anyway ( except residents of MA usually), and then mostly it's just good form to encourage continued promos from the banks. But sometimes things get in the way and it'd be good to understand that.

You look like you are 4/24 so Chase cards are available. But with the AU card as soon as you get another on your credit report you're locked out until Oct. You'd be able to try recon to overlook that card in the calculation but it's not a guarantee that they will. We advise avoiding AU cards for this reason. There are ways to share the spending without having an AU card. If most places are modern you could add it to a digital wallet to use there. Can also request a replacement card because it was "damaged" and the copy should work same as original as long as no one asks for matching ID. (Don't pick 'lost' as an option, they will give you a new card number and lock the other, defeating the purpose.) For Chase, most times if you ask for a card to be expedited, you get two - a copy they rushed and the original request. That comes in handy.
Your exception would be employee cards on biz accounts. They won't report to your CR so no worry about adding to your 5/24 count.

P2 is in an interesting place where he's 4/24 or 6/24 depending on those store cards. For Tractor Supply, is that a store only card? That might not count towards Chase's calculation depending on how it's listed on the report. And the Lowe's card, likewise, is that a store only line? And if it's commercial, is it really showing up on his personal CR? Otherwise if interested in Chase you could try to recon for both the store and AU cards if they lead to a denial.

Third let's better understand your medical travel and how we can best use that for vacay travel. Does the clinical trial work on a reimbursement basis so you pay for the flight and they reimburse your ticket costs? Or is there a specific way that needs to be booked? If the former then you have some good flexibility in using a credit card travel benefits.
I was counting your cards for Chase as I think generally the CSR is recommended for most flexible travel protections for trip delay and trip interruption. Some cards require that the full fare be charged to the card to be covered but the Sapphires allow a points booking as long as some portion of the fare is charged to the card. So that would be handy for both your routine, reimbursed travel and leisure travel from points. AmEx also has coverage but, IIRC, you have to book a round-trip flight and have it fully charged to the card.
I was also thinking of the CSR if you're reimbursed as the $300 travel credit takes a nice chunk out of the AF.
UR points could be transferred for flights on Southwest or United, which can help with your companion expenses or build up for either of your anticipated trips.

Actually, I still haven't formulated much if a path yet but are your Radisson points the Americas or Europe program? The Americas are converting to Choice points today which would be more helpful for the West trip than Europe. And vice versa.

With your monthly spend it doesn't seem like you'll have a problem hitting nearly any bonus so that's helpful. Since you're open to business cards, have you looked at the Chase Inks? That'll help accumulate UR points while you're under 5/24. If so, then we can work some timelines to get both that and some personals going.

Sorry wasn't as much help off the bat! I am a Chase UR fan for their flexibility but I don't just want to blindly recommend that path if there's something else better for you. I'm still mulling it over, sorry!
This post was from last summer, and I just saw it (ugh, sorry!). I want to sincerely thank you for all of the time for you to give me info. on my cc dilemma.
Yes, I did cancel a card within a few months (before I knew to hold them at least a year...). I signed up for a cruise cc for the SUB and then decided to go with another cruise line. My dh is INSANE about cc's. He doesn't like to have many, and most certainly will not let you carry a balance! As I learn the art of churning, I've been trying to inform him along the way. It will take time. :rolleyes1 At least we keep our money separate, so that helps a little.
After recent posts, I have decided to start looking at Hyatt for my ressies, even though I am still Platinum with Marriott.
Yes, I am interested in an Ink business card. I have been trying to focus on finding a "main" travel cc to apply for (hopefully within a day, because I have several flights I need to book!). At this point, I'm leaning towards the CSR. My credit score was 753 very good. I'm hoping that will work for acceptance!
I still participate in the clinical trial, and they do pay for my RT flight every 4 weeks, as well as my hotel stay.
Thanks again for your feedback. I greatly appreciate you all!

Last edited:
Got 4 emails from Chase yesterday. Both of our IHG personals and CFU's got the offer, 3 of them spend $150, one only $100, all get $15 back. We barely use the IHG cards, CFUs occasionally.

Also got a 15% back on Starbucks in app purchases on a CIU ($up to 4.50), expires March 5. Tried a reload to see if it would work
Can confirm reloads in the app have worked in the past. Been awhile since I had any Chase offers for Starbucks but hope that is still the case, as I loaded up on 5 cards yesterday that had offers.

Ha! I checked them all yesterday and only had it on one. Now it is on all 8 biz cards that DH & I have between us. I don't go to Starbucks much, usually only when I am traveling. Such a dilemma!
We only go occasionally at home. DH doesn't really like their coffee, he is a coffee snob. But DS now drinks sorta coffee, like Frapacchinos or stuff with lots of sugar and milk. 😂 so we will load a card with a few $$ for our upcoming WDW trip.

Ha! I checked them all yesterday and only had it on one. Now it is on all 8 biz cards that DH & I have between us. I don't go to Starbucks much, usually only when I am traveling. Such a dilemma!

We only go occasionally at home. DH doesn't really like their coffee, he is a coffee snob. But DS now drinks sorta coffee, like Frapacchinos or stuff with lots of sugar and milk. 😂 so we will load a card with a few $$ for our upcoming WDW trip.

Older DD loves it. Actually happy to see this as I will load maybe 3 of the offers of the 6 I saw on my cards. Strangely we tend to grab Starbucks at Disney so I'll be ready and with 5 of us it won't take long to run up $30 a couple of times. I also have a Starbucks a mile away but rarely go. Safeway sometimes puts an offer on their app for a $1 off or a $2 drink and I've taken advantage of that on occasion if I drop in for a few things.

Does anyone here have the Ebags Motherlode 21" Carryon? I just got the 29" checked and now my wife is really interested in the carryon sized one. I'd love to hear reviews from anyone that actually has one.
My DH uses one. It is a well designed bag and fits a ton. One thing I noticed is that is doesn't fit well under aisle seats (at least on SWA and AA). He usually puts it above. I used it once or twice. I am 5'3'' and it was a little long on my body.

My DH uses one. It is a well designed bag and fits a ton. One thing I noticed is that is doesn't fit well under aisle seats (at least on SWA and AA). He usually puts it above. I used it once or twice. I am 5'3'' and it was a little long on my body.
I wasn't referring to the underseat. I'm specifically asking about the full size carryon that would only fit in the overhead and not at all on the CRJs.

We are working towards P2's CP. Approved for SW Biz 1/20 and planned to apply for a personal now. Will the regular 2 year CP override the 12 month one once he hits 135K? My concern is they'll give him the 1 year one and that's not what we want.

Does SW no longer want customer to contact them? They don't have their phone number or contact us anywhere on their website.

Also, the Chat option on the app isn't there anymore. I hate Googling company phone number, I always want to get it directly from their site.

Does SW no longer want customer to contact them? They don't have their phone number or contact us anywhere on their website.

Also, the Chat option on the app isn't there anymore. I hate Googling company phone number, I always want to get it directly from their site.
Be careful googling. There was an article yesterday in one of the online newspapers about googling airline CS numbers and how some of the top results are fraudsters who want your info and money!

Found 1-800-435-9792 on the website. Just searched 'Customer Service Agent' in the help function.

Anyone doing the free passport photos at Staples today? My kids all need to renew so it’s good timing, but I can’t find the coupon in the app. Anyone know where to look?

Edit: found it. Also called and found out you can only get one per passcode, so you need each person to download the app.

Last edited:
We are working towards P2's CP. Approved for SW Biz 1/20 and planned to apply for a personal now. Will the regular 2 year CP override the 12 month one once he hits 135K? My concern is they'll give him the 1 year one and that's not what we want.
Can you wait? The current CP offer is supposed to expire on 3/11/24.

I'm waiting for the current CP offer to expire so that I can apply through DH's link for him to get the 20K RR that will get him to a CP. Once he has it, I have no need for a CP for myself, so that's why I'm waiting.

Can you wait? The current CP offer is supposed to expire on 3/11/24.

I'm waiting for the current CP offer to expire so that I can apply through DH's link for him to get the 20K RR that will get him to a CP. Once he has it, I have no need for a CP for myself, so that's why I'm waiting.
Yeah, I think I will wait. I just hate missing out on 2 weeks worth of spend.

Marriott Brilliant SUB up to 185k for $6000 spend over 6 months.

I'd go for it except I'm 4/24 until next year. Probably would get the pop-up anyways lol.

Is this card worth the $650 AF? Or more like a one-year only card for the SUB?

I've never really paid attention to Marriott, but lately I've come across a few properties that we could stay at, and this SUB will give us about 3 nights.

Is this card worth the $650 AF? Or more like a one-year only card for the SUB?

I've never really paid attention to Marriott, but lately I've come across a few properties that we could stay at, and this SUB will give us about 3 nights.

Mostly for the SUB. But I would hold until the 85k FNC and then downgrade to the $95 Bonvoy card, paying a prorated second year AF. I've read that if you downgrade after the AF but before the FNC, you'll still get the 85k FNC. But when DH did this, I didn't want to chance it, so waited until the FNC posted (about 2 months after the AF).

I forgot this earlier, but this isn't highest ever, which would be 150k + 85k FNC. Can't remember why I didn't do it then. Probably 4/24 or pop-up as well lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter