I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I don't think it's that much more convenient than one of the hotels on Semoran. Paying twice the price to save 10 minutes just doesn't seem to be a good value for me, especially when I'm not time limited the next day. I looked, renting Enterprise off site would save me $40 for an 8 day rental over National on site. I would spend at least $10 of that getting to the rental location via rideshare. My plan is to land at midnight, grab my bags and grab a shuttle to a hotel, wake up whenever I wake up and grab a shuttle at 0930 to the airport, pick out my car on the aisle and leave the airport at 1000. Drive back to the hotel, check out, grab my bags and either pick up people at the airport or head to the Space Coast.
I’m with @Duckbug.Ducktales . We’re arriving at 1 am for a Spring Break trip and I booked Hyatt Regency specifically because I didn’t want to wait for a shuttle at that time of night. I just want to get off the plane and check in, get some rest. To me it’s worth 9k points but that’s exactly why we all do this hobby differently. Have fun on your trip!

I’m with @Duckbug.Ducktales . We’re arriving at 1 am for a Spring Break trip and I booked Hyatt Regency specifically because I didn’t want to wait for a shuttle at that time of night. I just want to get off the plane and check in, get some rest. To me it’s worth 9k points but that’s exactly why we all do this hobby differently. Have fun on your trip!
I’m with you. We stayed at MCO Hyatt last time after arriving late and it was a game changer! Booked to do the same in July when we are heading to Vero the next morning.

I’m with you. We stayed at MCO Hyatt last time after arriving late and it was a game changer! Booked to do the same in July when we are heading to Vero the next morning.
We flew out at dawn in September, and stayed there the night before. We have done it before and after a cruise too. In November we land at midnight, so we are going to stay again, then saunter over to WDW after we get up.

Which Mephisto sandals? I have a pair of Mephisto sneakers that I really like but never looked into the sandals. Would love something that could do double duty going from swim suit to dressier outfit. Thanks!
Similar to these -- I bought them the summer before last ago at an outlet mall. They are very comfortable and go from day to night well. Excellent arch support, which I need.

I booked a Singapore / Japan trip for next January for ds and I. He complicated things by saying he wanted to fly one way first class. I was able to book the following:
  • AC (using 87.5k AP pts x 2): Toronto to Copenhagen, 2 hour layover, Copenhagen to Singapore on Singapore Air, both legs in biz class
  • Singapore Air (using 60k AP pts x 2): Singapore to Haneda in biz class (only seats released have us landing in Tokyo at 1am, but better than an overnight flight). I'm going to try to snag seats on Japan Air when AA releases them in a few weeks, but don't have much hope
  • Tokyo to Chicago (myself): ANA first (using 106k AP points)
  • Tokyo to Chicago (ds): Japan first (using 123k BA Avios + $400 in taxes)
2 rooms x 4 nights at the Tokyo Station hotel using Hyatt points (transferred URs)

I will try my best to grab 2 nights x 2 rooms at the MiraCosta when the rooms open, if I'm not successful then I'll likely book the Hilton at Tokyo Disney because I don't want to stay at Tokyo Disneyland hotel again

I plan on using HH points for 1 room and cash for 1 room at the Conrad Osaka for 4 or 5 nights (prefer 5 because of free night on HH points booking, but will depend on what nights I can get at Tokyo Disney)

Looking for a hotel in Singapore that isn't going to break the bank; I've been looking but can't find anything that fits my taste / budget -- I am open to suggestions. I may crumble and book the Conrad Singapore because I like the location, but since I need 2 rooms it's going to hurt!

I think I mentioned a while back that we didn't think we wanted the CP anymore, but then realized we did, so I had DH apply for the personal card SWA card with the CP deal only to forget that he wasn't eligible as he already had a SW personal card. Oops. Fail for me. But then I decided to go the second route for the full CP and do the SWA business card deal coupled with some tax spend to reach the 135,000. He got the dreaded 7-10 day message so I geared him up for the recon call this morning. He called and the guy said they didn't need any more info and it was still under consideration, which I thought was odd since the 7-10 day almost always means denial. Well not this time, literally minutes after he hung up, the email with approval came through. So auto-approved with 7-10 day message and no recon necessary. We'll take it! Now we wait for credit limit and may have to call to move some around. Want to do that spend quickly... estimates here we come :)

Has anyone ever used the capital one portal to book a Disney room? I’m taking my kids over spring break and looking at just one of the all stars. I find the travel portal credit hard to use, but think seems like a good choice.

You can book a standard room but it only allows 2 guests? Anyone think you might be able to link it to my Disney experience and then add more guests?

If not, then it’s useless. Since I need everyone on my reservation for early entry.

For those who have flown SW and purchased Early Bird Check-In for yourself but not your companion did your companion get the next boarding number after yours? This is our first time using the CP and I am trying to make sure I understand everything correctly. I tried searching the threads but I was not able to find posts were this was discussed. Thank you.

For those who have flown SW and purchased Early Bird Check-In for yourself but not your companion did your companion get the next boarding number after yours? This is our first time using the CP and I am trying to make sure I understand everything correctly. I tried searching the threads but I was not able to find posts were this was discussed. Thank you.
I believe they generally get the boarding number before yours. Just to clarify you are a Companion Pass holder and the other person is designated as your Companion. When I first read through this it wasn't clear. I haven't heard of that not working for at least the last three years.

I believe they generally get the boarding number before yours. Just to clarify you are a Companion Pass holder and the other person is designated as your Companion. When I first read through this it wasn't clear. I haven't heard of that not working for at least the last three years.
Sorry if I was not clear in my original post. Yes I have the Companion Pass and will have a designated Companion flying with me. I am planning on purchasing the Early Bird Check-In for myself but not the companion due to the issue of needing to cancel the companion ticket if prices go down and I want to change my ticket to save some points. Fingers crossed it is continuing to work the same way. Thank you.

We’ve had multiple DP over the past two months and each time I’ve been DH’s companion- he purchased EBCI and I’ve gotten the next boarding position after him without purchasing it.

I am semi new still to CC hacking and have never downgraded and re-applied for a bonus. We just got P2 an Amex Gold to meet a SUB for our DSs rehearsal dinner. After that I was going to sit out SUBs for awhile as I felt comfortable with our URs and MRs along with some IHG/Bonvoy points.

Boring story about how we can hit another SUB easily, can be skipped: Today we found out that DH will likely have a knee replacement revision sometime this spring. What we'd led to believe may have just been a scope (his issue is with his IT band, not the implants) but the surgeon we saw today said it would be open surgery, blah blah blah. Long story short, we will probably have $7k in out of pocket expenses (side note: not thrilled with his original Dr who kept putting off DHs concerns and now we're in a new insurance year -- otherwise it would have been $0 2 months ago).

Now to my question. I can't really stomach spending all that w/o a SUB, but I don't feel moved to do the SW smaller CP, or another hotel chain. I've got a few Inks recently. I think I'm under 5/24, so was thinking of downgrading my CSP to a Freedom (P1 has none) and then re-apply for the CSP. I know the offer isn't great, but I don't really want another card with a AF that's > $100. Has to be me (P1), since P2 just got approved for Amex Gold last week.

So to do this:

downgrade P1 CSP to Freedom
wait 4 days?
re-apply for CSP (original SUB was met in Sept 2019)

Oh -- should P2 refer me for the CSP?

Has anyone ever used the capital one portal to book a Disney room? I’m taking my kids over spring break and looking at just one of the all stars. I find the travel portal credit hard to use, but think seems like a good choice.

You can book a standard room but it only allows 2 guests? Anyone think you might be able to link it to my Disney experience and then add more guests?

If not, then it’s useless. Since I need everyone on my reservation for early entry.
I haven't specifically used their portal but if it's refundable I would try booking, then call the resort directly to update the number of guests and ask for the reservation number for MDE. If they won't adjust the number of guests, you can cancel. I booked Swan thru the Chase portal for Spring Break and had to call Swan directly for the res number which I then added to MDE.

I am semi new still to CC hacking and have never downgraded and re-applied for a bonus. We just got P2 an Amex Gold to meet a SUB for our DSs rehearsal dinner. After that I was going to sit out SUBs for awhile as I felt comfortable with our URs and MRs along with some IHG/Bonvoy points.

Boring story about how we can hit another SUB easily, can be skipped: Today we found out that DH will likely have a knee replacement revision sometime this spring. What we'd led to believe may have just been a scope (his issue is with his IT band, not the implants) but the surgeon we saw today said it would be open surgery, blah blah blah. Long story short, we will probably have $7k in out of pocket expenses (side note: not thrilled with his original Dr who kept putting off DHs concerns and now we're in a new insurance year -- otherwise it would have been $0 2 months ago).

Now to my question. I can't really stomach spending all that w/o a SUB, but I don't feel moved to do the SW smaller CP, or another hotel chain. I've got a few Inks recently. I think I'm under 5/24, so was thinking of downgrading my CSP to a Freedom (P1 has none) and then re-apply for the CSP. I know the offer isn't great, but I don't really want another card with a AF that's > $100. Has to be me (P1), since P2 just got approved for Amex Gold last week.

So to do this:

wait 4 days?

How recent were your Inks? The Chase rule of thumb of 3 months applies to all Chase cards. So it doesn't really matter if you get an Ink or CSP. If you want the CSP, you'll want to make sure you're not 4/24 because then it'll take you to 5/24 and locked out of Chase cards.

The Amex card doesn't have much bearing unless it took him to 5/24, so it could be P2 if that works better.

Do any of you have flat feet or plantar fasciitis? I’m looking for sandals for our Japan trip, preferably closed toe. I’ve always used my Keen sandals but I need more arch support now. I wear Brooks shoes with a high arch support inside.

My podiatrist told me to switch to high arches because of my flat feet. I never had issues until we moved to Florida. Walking barefoot on our concrete, tile floors has ruined my feet and dh is the same. I have shoes with very firm soles and also high arches. It has helped tremendously and even helped my back/knee pain get better. Maybe I’ll try Chaco’s for the high arch

DH has flat feet and now he has to always wear at least a slide with arch support around the house. He never walks around barefoot anymore- it's just too painful.

Our podiatrist, who also has flat feet, has this list of recommendations on her website:

Dr. Lucy’s favorite brands:​

Run/Walking​

• New Balance
  • Asics
  • Saucony
  • Mizuno
  • Brooks
  • Hoka

Casual​

• Rockport
  • Born
  • Ecco
  • Clarks
  • Alegria

Dress​

• Taos
  • Cobb Hill
  • Naot
  • Spring Step
  • Joan Oloff

Sandals​

• Vionic
  • Birkenstock
  • OTZ
  • Superfeet
  • Chacos

Slippers​

• Vionic
  • Haflinger
  • Spenco

Hiking​

• Keen
  • Merrell
  • Ahnu

Boots​

• Pikolinos
  • Kork Ease
  • Fitflop

When shoe shopping, look for:​

1. A well cushioned heel
  2. Padding at the ball of your foot
  3. A stiff sole that only bends near the toes
  4. A wide toe box

Avoid​

1. Flexible shoes that can roll up into a ball
  2. Thin soles
  3. Heels above 2 inches
  4. Minimalist (barefoot) shoes

How recent were your Inks? The Chase rule of thumb of 3 months applies to all Chase cards. So it doesn't really matter if you get an Ink or CSP. If you want the CSP, you'll want to make sure you're not 4/24 because then it'll take you to 5/24 and locked out of Chase cards.

The Amex card doesn't have much bearing unless it took him to 5/24, so it could be P2 if that works better.

Oh thanks for this. Got approved for my last Ink on 11/27/23. So I’m 3 months next week. I think I’m 4/24 with one dropping off this spring.

I honestly wasn’t planning 2 SUBs and was planning to chill for rest of year (we’re newly retired and after a busy 2 years or so of accumulation was planning to pause the SUBs for a bit). I’ll double check the x/24 and dates and decide. He’s got a follow up in 3 weeks before the final decision about surgery, and we’ll not schedule it before my DSs wedding in late March. So have a few weeks at minimum to make a final decision on card.

Thanks so much!!

So to do this:

wait 4 days?

Sounds like your velocity with Chase will be fine.

If P2 has a CSR or CSP, he can support you. Your plan to downgrade and then wait 4 days (or more) is spot on.

Congrats on your son's wedding.

DH has flat feet and now he has to always wear at least a slide with arch support around the house. He never walks around barefoot anymore- it's just too painful.

Our podiatrist, who also has flat feet, has this list of recommendations on her website:

Dr. Lucy’s favorite brands:​

Run/Walking​

• New Balance
  • Asics
  • Saucony
  • Mizuno
  • Brooks
  • Hoka

Casual​

• Rockport
  • Born
  • Ecco
  • Clarks
  • Alegria

Dress​

• Taos
  • Cobb Hill
  • Naot
  • Spring Step
  • Joan Oloff

Sandals​

• Vionic
  • Birkenstock
  • OTZ
  • Superfeet
  • Chacos

Slippers​

• Vionic
  • Haflinger
  • Spenco

Hiking​

• Keen
  • Merrell
  • Ahnu

Boots​

• Pikolinos
  • Kork Ease
  • Fitflop

When shoe shopping, look for:​

1. A well cushioned heel
  2. Padding at the ball of your foot
  3. A stiff sole that only bends near the toes
  4. A wide toe box

Avoid​

1. Flexible shoes that can roll up into a ball
  2. Thin soles
  3. Heels above 2 inches
  4. Minimalist (barefoot) shoes
That’s awesome. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter