I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We're hosting our DS's rehearsal dinner in late March. The total will probably be around $5000, however if we use a CC they will charge 3% fee. So $150 in fees. I'm presuming most would take that fee in trade for a SUB?

Now I just have to figure out what card to grab next.

For us RDU-ers, did you see there will be a new announcement for an int'l destination on Monday? I suppose it could be something in the Caribbean/S or C America/Canada, but it would be fun to have another EU destination!

Here's hoping for something fun out of RDU!

And I definitely would trade $150 for a SUB.
I’m sure you’ve seen the news but just in case you haven’t, the RDU destination is Panama City with Copa Airlines, a newly added airline. I was hoping for a new EU destination!

Oh-- I'm excited for you!! The Norwegian fjords are something that I'd love to do. If you're comfortable please post what you plan to do in Paris as you figure it out (if you're comfortable with that). I think that we will do only one touristy site per day even if that means that we don't see everything. Then we'll walk about and eat cheese and bread and shop and entertain ourselves that way. That will give me an excuse to go again soon.

I'm so happy to hear that Barcelona to Rome was amazing. That's what we are doing -- on the brand new Sun Princess ** aka LOVE BOAT **!
We love the fjords - went with DCL a few years ago and it was amazing but we missed the UNESCO fjords so we are going back for more (not on DCL this time).

I can tell you what we did in Paris last summer. We were there for a week - highlights were Versailles, Arc de Triomphe, Giverny, Orangerie, Seine Cruise, Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Saint Chapelle and just walking around. A lot of these are very close together so it was easy to walk from one to the other. I planned 1-2 things per day with the idea that we would walk around and enjoy the atmosphere as well. We didn't do DLP (but I made it a day trip the last time we were in Paris). We were in a suite at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and it was really, really nice.

We took the Disney Dream last summer from Barcelona. I booked a private one day tour the day before the cruise and we really enjoyed seeing what we were able to squeeze in that day. I hope you like the new Princess ship - we are trying Celebrity for the first time this summer. I'm a little nervous about it. We stayed at the Cotton House in Barcelona (it's a Marriott) and I'd stay there again. No laundry/apartments for us, but we did laundry at the beginning and end of the cruise and were able to go carry-on only for 3 weeks (and still bring along some cute outfits).

I hope you have a great trip! Feel free to PM me if you want more info. :)

After a lot of looking at flight options to Aulani, I think we’ve decided to fly out from Nashville. It’s a 4 hour drive from our house, which isn’t ideal, but it was just too difficult trying to get a flight from MEM to HNL in the same day. We are going to fly SWA since I have a 30% off promo code, which is going to save us a ton. I’m ready to book, but DH and I differ on which flight to take from BNA. I think we should take the first flight out that morning so we can get there sooner, but he thinks we should take the last one so we can sleep in a little longer. We’ve never been to Aulani or been on a flight longer than about 3 hours so this is really branching out for us and we want to make this the best experience possible for all of us. We are going to buy the BS fare for A1-15 for sure. Any recommendations on which would be the better flight choice? We will have a 4 year old with us also.

Attachments

• IMG_9051.jpeg
    IMG_9051.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 22

After a lot of looking at flight options to Aulani, I think we’ve decided to fly out from Nashville. It’s a 4 hour drive from our house, which isn’t ideal, but it was just too difficult trying to get a flight from MEM to HNL in the same day. We are going to fly SWA since I have a 30% off promo code, which is going to save us a ton. I’m ready to book, but DH and I differ on which flight to take from BNA. I think we should take the first flight out that morning so we can get there sooner, but he thinks we should take the last one so we can sleep in a little longer. We’ve never been to Aulani or been on a flight longer than about 3 hours so this is really branching out for us and we want to make this the best experience possible for all of us. We are going to buy the BS fare for A1-15 for sure. Any recommendations on which would be the better flight choice? We will have a 4 year old with us also.
Keep the time change in mind. We would have a hard time not crashing way too early if we did the first flight. I would pick the last one. But your internal clocks might be different than ours!

Well, I just received some invoices for business legal fees this month, over $13k total. Ouchie.

I need another new card (or 2) pronto but I prefer just one. Too much velocity, I think. I need to slow down a bit.

Any suggestions for a new card?

Is there a Business Hyatt card that has an elevated offer right now?

Eta: I just got the CIP at the end of Sept 2023, otherwise, that would have been the card would have applied for I think...

We always pick the shortest flight time. I can get up early or stay up late but don’t see any reason to extend a layover.

DH has taken 10 flights on SW this year and now has 32k points. Any way to use this to get a CP? I am a SW newbie (it's all work travel).
He’d have to earn another 103,000RR points this calendar year…can he open a SW business card…it earns 80,000 points
or take advantage of the current SW personal card promo…spend $4,000 and earn a CP through 2/28/2025

DH has taken 10 flights on SW this year and now has 32k points. Any way to use this to get a CP? I am a SW newbie (it's all work travel).

He’d have to earn another 103,000RR points this calendar year…can he open a SW business card…it earns 80,000 points
or take advantage of the current SW personal card promo…spend $4,000 and earn a CP through 2/28/2025

Getting CP without credit card spend is a truly bonkers amount of flights. And, it resets on calendar year, so, when you say "this year" do you really mean in 2024 or in the last 12 months? If he's at 10 flights in 5 weeks, he may actually hit it this year naturally.

If not, the credit card offer is the best way to get it for a while. You could look at what his travel has been closer to year end and see if tacking on a SW business card would be enough to push him over and earn it for all of 2025.

Are you staying near the airport the night before? The later flight seems less painful. I would not be happy having to wake up at 3 am for the early flight. If you have Priority Pass, there’s a decent lounge at SJC.

If not staying near the airport, you might as well take the early flight since you’re not sleeping either way.

Why buy the BS fare? It's pricey and families get to board after the A group, there are still many available rows by then. You could also do early bird check in for a little more per person and likely get in with the A group. Or, if none of that works, look into how much upgrading your boarding (which gets you A1-15) would cost vs the price of BS fare.

Are you staying near the airport the night before? The later flight seems less painful. I would not be happy having to wake up at 3 am for the early flight. If you have Priority Pass, there’s a decent lounge at SJC.

If not staying near the airport, you might as well take the early flight since you’re not sleeping either way.
Same, I don't like super early flights. Then I'm groggy all day.

Are these for initial interviews or renewals? I had forgotten ours all expire this year and was prompted to check by all this talk of appointments. Luckily, happen to be holding 3 cc right now that cover GE so I applied for renewal for DS and myself today. (DH can do his own.)
Anyone renewed lately and can give me an idea if the process is pretty much the same as initially? (Initially, DH and DS got conditional approval within a few days, I waited months.)
So the process is- you have to fill out all the online stuff,then wait for the approval,then make an appt?

When cancelling a SW card, how long do you have to wait before applying for a new one?

Should be 30 days. Assuming you’re 24 months from the last SW personal bonus.

Adding on to my reply. If applying for a different SW card than the one(s) you’ve canceled, the wait is less. 7 days is what I’ve seen advised.

Well, I just received some invoices for business legal fees this month, over $13k total. Ouchie.

I need another new card (or 2) pronto but I prefer just one. Too much velocity, I think. I need to slow down a bit.

Any suggestions for a new card?

Is there a Business Hyatt card that has an elevated offer right now?

Eta: I just got the CIP at the end of Sept 2023, otherwise, that would have been the card would have applied for I think...
If your last card with Chase was September, 2023 then you are fine to apply for another CIP. That's what I would do.

The Hyatt biz card has an elevated offer currently. I wouldn't consider doing the $12k spend for an additional 15k points, but 60k points is decent (boy do I miss the days when the personal card gave you 2 FNCs for any Hyatt hotel -- I got 2 nights each at the PH Vendome and PH Sydney).

Earn up to 75,000 Bonus Points

60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 month from account opening.*Opens offer details overlay Earn an additional 15,000 Bonus Points after you spend $12,000 on purchases in your first 6 months from account opening.*Opens offer details overlay Offer ends March 6, 2024.

With 21 days in hotels or on a cruise ship, I would for sure try for an airbnb for part of the trip. I think Paris is a great AirBNB location bc like you said, there's so many markets and bakeries. We had a routine of popping out in the morning, grabbing coffee, croissants and baguettes at the bakery, then head to the fruit market and getting the rest of our breakfast items there. It was the perfect morning routine.

For June in Paris, be sure to filter for places with A/C.
We live in Texas -- and my husband owns an HVAC company -- we don't know life without A/C and we would never want to. :rotfl2:

We did this exact thing on our trip to Scotland. We paid for a room in Edinburgh for 4 nights. During that time we took 2 days/1 night to travel up to the Highlands. I was afraid our luggage wouldn't fit in the rental car since our daughter had been studying abroad! I didn't have any regrets about paying for that night we didn't use, but everyone's situation is different. It was nice to only take what we needed for one night with us.
You're speaking my love language. That's exactly what I mean -- travel to London and take just a weekender or backpack for each person. No need to lug that extra large suitcase with us. To me, it makes total sense.

I am really struggling with my itinerary for my Bali trip in September. I booked 5 nights at the Komaneka at Bisma in Ubud using points from a Cdn card. I still have another 10 nights to plan, the issue is that I can't decide where I want to go next. I am not into partying, I'm not a SCUBA diver and I don't care for large resorts (I love small boutique hotels). I am eyeing the Conrad in Nusa Dua, but from what I read there's not much to do outside of the resorts in Nusa Dua and I'm not sure I want to spend 5 nights inside the Conrad complex. I could go to to Alila Uluwatu (Hyatt points), but it doesn't get good reviews on FT and I don't want to repeat my experience at the Cape Fahn.

Has anyone been to Bali that can offer suggestions?

We did this exact thing on our trip to Scotland. We paid for a room in Edinburgh for 4 nights. During that time we took 2 days/1 night to travel up to the Highlands. I was afraid our luggage wouldn't fit in the rental car since our daughter had been studying abroad! I didn't have any regrets about paying for that night we didn't use, but everyone's situation is different. It was nice to only take what we needed for one night with us.
I did something similar but different in Taiwan last year... we had a few nights in a hotel in Taipei, went off elsewhere in Taiwan for a couple of nights, then returned to the original hotel in Taipei for a few more nights.

Before the stay I asked the hotel in Taipei if we could leave luggage with them for the couple of nights we were away, they said not an issue at all... So that's what we did - stayed there, checked out and left our large suitcases with them, brought a small suitcase along with us elsewhere, returned after a couple of nights away, checked in and picked up our large suitcases, stayed there for a few more nights.

This was quite a large and relatively fancy hotel and I would expect them to have plenty of luggage storage space, which is why I asked if this was possible. If we had been staying in a small hotel or a B&B I probably wouldn't have asked about this. I also really didn't want to pay for extra nights if I didn't have to... the hotel was lovely to stay in but also on the expensive side! So this worked out pretty well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter