I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Silly question but will your CU let you do bill pay where they can mail the check since Chase will not link to your CU?
In the past my CU has then changed it from mailing a check to an electronic payment if the PO Box is in their system.
It’s not that they won’t allow it. It’s just that I have to remember the login. (Silly me.)

I can pay directly to my Amex and CapOne credit cards from my credit union site.

It’s not that they won’t allow it. It’s just that I have to remember the login. (Silly me.)

I can pay directly to my Amex and CapOne credit cards from my credit union site.
I'm not sure which login you can't remember. (For me it can be all of them lol)
I'm going to assume you remember the CU login since you can pay AMEX and Cap 1.
Can you can you set up the chase to be like the other two?
These system are so smart these days it generally knows what bank it is by putting in your full card number but you may still need the po box and zip.

OK, is what I’m doing allowed?

I received my CIC about two weeks ago, and I already put a fair amount of spend on it.
There's others on here will know exactly how to answer this, but I am going to just fumble through. I think you'll have a statement cut on January 25th or so, which will give you a balance of whatever you've spent up to that point (so far $2,200). If you can make it in to the bank on January 26 (or day after the statement cuts) and pay off your balance, or overpay some, then you won't have to worry about it when you return from your trip AND you'll open up credit for your trip.
Hmm. They allow about three weeks between the statement closing date and the due date.
The 24th would be easy. :) I’m off that date. But the 25th and 26th would be nearly impossible. :( My husband needs the car on the 25th and the 26th…well that’s the day before we leave. And we have to be at the airport at 4 AM on the 27th.

I’ll figure something up. Even if I have to rush to Chase during my lunch hour the week I get back.

I'm not sure which login you can't remember. (For me it can be all of them lol)
I'm going to assume you remember the CU login since you can pay AMEX and Cap 1.
Can you can you set up the chase to be like the other two?
These system are so smart these days it generally knows what bank it is by putting in your full card number but you may still need the po box and zip.
Amex and CapOne are like that. But not Chase.

I can get into my bank account through the eye biometrics. Burn it through the regular login.

Amex and CapOne are like that. But not Chase.

I can get into my bank account through the eye biometrics. Burn it through the regular login.
I'm confused I thought you were logging into the CU site and paying AMEX and Capital One?
Or are you logging into AMEX and paying through the linked CU account and the same with Cap 1?

If you are using biometrics and have an iphone the password is saved on your phone.
Open settings scroll down to Passwords (Section after app store and wallet)
Open that and then see if you can find the saved password for the site.

OK, is what I’m doing allowed?

I received my CIC about two weeks ago, and I already put a fair amount of spend on it. It lists my payment due date of February 23rd.

I have problems linking my credit union to my Chase account. But it’s easy for my to just go to my local Chase branch and pay my balance there. I’ve been doing that ever since we got a car loan from them, five years ago.

Of course, I don’t have a payment due right now. But I can pay down my balance now, and hopefully open up some credit limit space for our Hawaiian trip in 10 days. ($4,000 limit; spent about $2,200 so far.)

We leave for Hawaii January 27, and we won’t get back until February 15th. The time period between the 15th and the 23rd will be crazy, and I’m not sure I can make it to my Chase office by the 23rd.

If I make a payment on…let’s say January 24th, could it count as my minimum payment due on February 23rd? Or should I try to make time between the 15th and the 23rd to visit the branch?
If you pay the full balance before the statement date, and don't charge anything else until after it closes, there will be no minimum balance due and you will be OK.

If there is a balance when the statement cuts, probably around Jan 29, you will still have a minimum payment.

It's strange to me, we applied on the same day, and my CIC due date is Feb 12. I wonder how they calculate them!

If you pay the full balance before the statement date, and don't charge anything else until after it closes, there will be no minimum balance due and you will be OK.

If there is a balance when the statement cuts, probably around Jan 29, you will still have a minimum payment.

It's strange to me, we applied on the same day, and my CIC due date is Feb 12. I wonder how they calculate them!

I think it is possible to request a change of due dates. Would that help LadyBeBop? Not sure what date would help her though in this case.

I was thinking more about the constant churning. I hope they don't make the SUB an every 24 month thing
The 90k bonuses were likely offered to increase applications, not force a change in the system. On top of that, there used to be links out there that bypassed underwriting (no human review) and people were getting 2 Inks every 30 days and the system still kept rolling. I'm not saying Chase won't ever crack down on it, but I doubt they would do so after making a move to increase interest intentionally.

Fidelity is again offering a $100 bonus for opening a cash management account with a deposit of only $50. I like Fidelity for their atm fee reimbursement, so we use it internationally. They say they "may charge" a foreign transaction fee, but I haven't experienced that in practice.

Offer here

Noteworthy terms, bolding mine.
In order to receive the $100 bonus award, users must complete the following:

• Register for the offer by opening a new Fidelity Cash Management account on or after 05/11/2023. The new account must be opened through the Fidelity Goal Booster℠ offer link. This offer does not constitute a recommendation by Fidelity as to which, if any, account is appropriate for your personal situation.
  • Use the offer code GB100 during account opening to register for the offer.
  • Fund the account with a minimum of $50 (“Net Deposit”) from an external, non-Fidelity source, including employer payroll election, if applicable.
  • The Net Deposit at the end of the 45 calendar days after account opening ("the qualification period") must be at least $50.
  • For purposes of this offer, “Net Deposits” shall mean total external deposits or transfers (including cash, eligible securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) minus assets withdrawn or transferred out of the accounts within the qualification period.
  • As a confirmation of your registration, an email will be sent to the email address you provided during the account opening process after the eligible account has been established in good order.
  • Eligible accounts include Fidelity® Cash Management Account. No other accounts are eligible for this offer.
  • Account holders must maintain the bonus award (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility, or margin debit balances) in the account for at least 90 days from the date on which the bonus award is credited to the account. Fidelity may charge accounts that fail to comply with this requirement the cost of the bonus award.
This offer is nontransferable and limited to $100 per individual. Individuals who took advantage of Fidelity’s previous $50 for $100 offer or $50 for $150 offer in the last 12 months will not be eligible for this offer.

Fidelity is again offering a $100 bonus for opening a cash management account with a deposit of only $50. I like Fidelity for their atm fee reimbursement, so we use it internationally. They say they "may charge" a foreign transaction fee, but I haven't experienced that in practice.

Offer here

Noteworthy terms, bolding mine.
In order to receive the $100 bonus award, users must complete the following:

• Register for the offer by opening a new Fidelity Cash Management account on or after 05/11/2023. The new account must be opened through the Fidelity Goal Booster℠ offer link. This offer does not constitute a recommendation by Fidelity as to which, if any, account is appropriate for your personal situation.
  • Use the offer code GB100 during account opening to register for the offer.
  • Fund the account with a minimum of $50 (“Net Deposit”) from an external, non-Fidelity source, including employer payroll election, if applicable.
  • The Net Deposit at the end of the 45 calendar days after account opening ("the qualification period") must be at least $50.
  • For purposes of this offer, “Net Deposits” shall mean total external deposits or transfers (including cash, eligible securities and/or margin debit balance transfers) minus assets withdrawn or transferred out of the accounts within the qualification period.
  • As a confirmation of your registration, an email will be sent to the email address you provided during the account opening process after the eligible account has been established in good order.
  • Eligible accounts include Fidelity® Cash Management Account. No other accounts are eligible for this offer.
  • Account holders must maintain the bonus award (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility, or margin debit balances) in the account for at least 90 days from the date on which the bonus award is credited to the account. Fidelity may charge accounts that fail to comply with this requirement the cost of the bonus award.
This offer is nontransferable and limited to $100 per individual. Individuals who took advantage of Fidelity’s previous $50 for $100 offer or $50 for $150 offer in the last 12 months will not be eligible for this offer.
Can this be opened for minors?

Within the last 24 months I have been approved for a Barclays AA personal and business card. Do I need to wait 24 months to get a Citi AA business card or can I get one now?

Don't forget to SM!

There will be a tracker on the Chase app where you can see your spending progress and deadline --makes things easier. You'll probably have to factor in any returns yourself, though.
i've never seen that with the deadline. i just usually go by total spending and in my head do 3 months. so approal /18/24, spend by 4/18/24!

I'm not sure if you have the info from your CU account (account number and routing number, I think) you may be able to just pay by phone. I have a Chase checking account as my main account. For a while, whenever I got a new Chase card, it wouldn't allow me to link my Chase checking, even though it was already linked with all my other Chase cards. Once I made 1 payment by phone, the checking account was linked and showed up in my payment choices for the credit card.
You can try paying a small amount by phone and see if it links. Otherwise, just paying by phone after statement close should work.

I wonder if Chase is getting pummeled with requests for the match to 90K in these last few days and that brought more scrutiny to the way these cards get used? 😥
Nah. The reps use odd mixes of pre-set language sometimes I think, one of my players had a rep who said after they met the spend they would get the 75k bonus and then after they met the spend for another 6k to message them back for the 90k bonus. Doesn't my player wish :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter