I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

p2 has AA miles expiring on 3/4. I am trying to find the best way to keep them alive. I see I can transfer 2500 Hyatt Miles to AA. Will this keep them alive? I have no Hyatt, so I would have to transfer UR to Hyatt to AA. But seems like a pretty cheap way to keep them alive, since we have oodles of URs. Thoughts?

p2 has AA miles expiring on 3/4. I am trying to find the best way to keep them alive. I see I can transfer 2500 Hyatt Miles to AA. Will this keep them alive? I have no Hyatt, so I would have to transfer UR to Hyatt to AA. But seems like a pretty cheap way to keep them alive, since we have oodles of URs. Thoughts?
The easiest way is the shopping portal and doesn't cost you anything.

The easiest way is the shopping portal and doesn't cost you anything.
Except what I buy LOL, I didn't see any place I would be shopping anytime soon. Is there something you have as a go to that's cheap and easy through there?
I guess I could buy a bag of treats (even though I am well stocked) at Petsmart for pickup.

The minimum I'm seeing for Hyatt transfer is 5000. If you have any Marriott points that minimum is 3000 (can be transferred from MR). Bilt is 1000. Or you can donate miles with a 1000 minimum.

Last night I thought about going back to Wat Arun to see the sunset behind it, but couldn’t convince myself to (it would’ve involved the BTS, then a transfer to the subway and both would’ve been packed because it would have been at rush hour). So I decided to go to Lumpini Park, similar to Central Park, it’s a huge park inside the city. Seemed pretty easy, the BTS to the BRT. But it wasn’t that easy because I couldn’t find the BRT! Since it was starting to get dark and I knew that I didn’t want to be alone in the park at night, I went back to the hotel for dinner, but not before taking the time to quickly wander through the high-end shopping mall (Chanel, Gucci, Kenzo, etc.).

Since I was up bright and early this morning I decided to take a run to the park and I am so glad that it did! It only took 10 minutes to get there and I was able to use the outdoor gym and do a quick circuit around the park. I found the pond where there are monitor lizards and was lucky enough to see 1 large and a baby on land and a few swimming in the pond! Ran back to the Rosewood, finished packing up and had breakfast before my ride to the airport arrived.

View attachment 826204
I love your trip reports! From getting there to where you stay to the sites, thanks for letting us tag along.

Some of my family members (but not me) stayed at Swan for Christmas 2023. Yes, still non-Disney buses that drop off at TTC.

To avoid the TTC:
- Walk from Swan/Dolphin to BoardWalk or Yacht Club, and take their bus to MK
- Pay to take a Minnie Van from Swan or Dolphin directly to MK
- At the end of the day, take a bus to BoardWalk or Yacht Club or Beach Club and walk back to your hotel from there
- At the end of the day, pay to take a Minnie Van from MK to Swan or Dolphin
- At the end of the day, walk to Contemporary and pay to take an Uber or Lyft back to Swan or Dolphin (cheaper than Minnie Van)

You can't take a regular Uber or Lyft from Swan or Dolphin to the Contemporary; the guard at the Contemporary gate can turn you away if you don't have a dining or hotel resie at Contemporary.

You can't taken an Uber or Lyft directly to MK; they drop off at TTC.

OP might know all this.
We walked over to Boardwalk from Swan last time. TBH I don't like the Mears buses to any of the parks but MK is the worst. Before park hopping was taken away sometimes we walked thru EPCOT, stopped in France for a snack then went to the entrance to catch the monorail. Of course that doesn't work for rope drop but at least real park hopping is back.

I'd do just about anything to avoid the lines and crowds at the TTC....what a gigantic mess every single time I've been there.
Absolutely. I had no idea that it had changed when it happened to us. A Mears bus picked us up but I assumed it was super busy or some Disney buses were down or something weird. But when the bus stopped in the lot for TTC, I was like What?! Took me about 2 seconds to decide never to do that again. Boardwalk bus it is.

You guys were giving me major FOMO, so I applied for another INK and was instantly approved! No need to expedite this time because I have plenty I'm already working on lol! I'm probably not going to apply for DH (his last was 10/23/23), but I'm going to think on it overnight and decide for sure tomorrow.

I just cancelled my AmEx Plat yesterday. I'm hoping that my peacock credits come through, but won't be the end of the world if they don't.

I'm going to be cancelling DH's plat at the end of this month. I've been putting our cell phone on his plat for the insurance. Are there other cards that have insurance if paid with them? If not, I'll probably put back on the CIC for 5x points.
Yes, the Venture X. Between DW's and my cards, we've actually used them to pay for four replacement screens.

I was looking at Venice side rooms last night. Those seem to be easier to get than the Porto Paradiso side.

Japan Disney veterans, I would love your opinions based on your experience. I'm having decision paralysis on which hotel/room to book and I have to book on the 26th. We will arrive around noon and are staying at Toy Story our first night. I then want to move to one of the Deluxe hotels for 2 nts. I will splurge for the Harbor View at Mira Costa if I can book it, but that does not seem likely. So I am making my back up plan. I'm leaning towards staying at DLH if I can't get Harbor View because I like the overall theming of the hotel better. I love the look of the Beauty and the Beast room, but those do not have park view. I also think it would be really cool to have the Grand Park View. I'm also thinking maybe the Venice side at Mira Costa would be good since it is in the park (even though I don't love the overall theming). What would you do: DLH Beauty and the Beast, DLH Grand Park View, or Venice Side?
You can check out my trip report from a few years back, but we definitely preferred the DLH Beauty and the Beast room over the Mira Costa. We didn't have the Venice view, though.

Would like to know as well. Reconsidering the Miracosta.
We have the Hilton booked but considering switching to the Disneyland hotel or Miracosta. I like that the Disneyland hotel has a convenience store for snacks or quick breakfast. The Miracosta doesn’t have that. We’re looking at maybe doing the grand park view at the Disneyland hotel.

You can check out my trip report from a few years back, but we definitely preferred the DLH Beauty and the Beast room over the Mira Costa. We didn't have the Venice view, though.
What was your view at the Miracosta? I’m wondering if the Venice view is worth it or if we should try the Disneyland hotel instead (assuming we can’t get harbor view)

Anyone else ever stress plan a vacation? Like, wow it was a bad week, let me see what points we have…
I’ve had a lousy time lately and literally did that 😆 Luckily for me it’s a solo tip visiting a friend so NBD compared to most of those here. I’m using airline points with a combo of bank bonuses. Moments like this remind me it’s nice to have that Bank Bonus stash to compliment the points laying around!

DH wants to buy a summer home in Chicago.
A summer home in CHICAGO? With that humidity?
Does. Not. Compute.

Sincerely,
A Californian

Anyone stay Swan/Dolphin recently? Are they still doing Mears buses that drop off at TTC and not Disney buses that drop at MK?
It will be blasted across the blogosphere if it changes. For now walk to YC/BWI or MV to MK. I decided it’s rather a draw between walking to YC/BWI and taking Swolphin or rideshare transport to TTC personally. If I wanna save time I shell out the dough for a MV.

so snow> hurricanes? i dunno! ha
That’s a negative to both. I’ll stick with option: Neither …until the ground shakes and I wonder “is this the one?… Bleep, bleep, I hope not!!!… oh yay it stopped… is the coffee shop line really that long? Don’t they know we basically almost just died in an earthquake?! Uh, yeah? 1 Latte please…”

son just got engaged, wedding is in April so I'm sure there won't be a problem hitting spend!
My brother got married last year and seeing what my parents shelled out even for a mid level wedding- 💯 you need more MSR.

Like literally stop reading the DIS and go apply for another CC.

Trying to figure out Airfare for DD22 and her friends for the Taylor Swift Concert in Vancouver, Canada next December. Most flights were just released. Looks like Alaska Airlines or United might be there best bets. How is Alaska Airlines? Have never flown them. .
Alaska is fine (when they keep their doors on but UA had the same unknown threat 😬). It’s like flying UA except no seat back entertainment pretty much. Personally I’d just book on cash whichever is cheapest now. I’d be too worried about the “Taylor Swift affect” cities talk about when she comes to town and it rains money on them to play games with gathering points hoping availability is still there once I had the points.

A weird question: do you reply to the SM that says they will match? Like maybe, "Great, thanks!" or do you just not reply? Wondering whether it's polite or a hassle for them to receive a reply . . .
Nope. They don’t care. It’s not a personal convo, you’re a reply on a list until they punch out.

This was about whether the buses from the Yacht Club to the Magic Kingdom are getting clogged up with guests from Swan and Dolphin (because Yacht Club buses go directly to Magic Kingdom, and Swan/Dolphin buses go to Transportation & Ticket Center).

Not everybody staying at Swan/Dolphin knows about this option.
Concur. It’s not like there is some max exodus from Swolphin, or even a steady stream, of guests to BWI/YC first thing in the morning for MK buses.

Way back in 2021, I was the original data point on the 30 day waiting period between cancel/apply for SW personal cards. They said it will automatically reopen your original card if you app within 30 days. I saw that others have already responded that no wait is necessary, so it may be that things have changed. I hope you will report back if you try it. Good luck!
Got 7-10 day message when I app'd for biz card, so I didn't go for the personal right away. Didn't call recon and just waited it out on biz card. Ended up getting a letter late last week that it was approved - they moved credit line from another biz card to open it. Just app'd for Priority today and was instantly approved.

Alaska biz up to 75k with 4k spend, DoC posted about it with a link.

Got instant approval. Hoping the card gets here before Tux vet appt on the 27th since it's a checkup with shots.

Also going to upgrade our seats on on Sept flights with this card and argue I didn't have a card when I bought the flights if they try and charge me to check bags. They need to offer better trip coverage like the csr if they think I'll put important flights on their cars. Plus it was only taxes and this will be more.

Well I am weak and my FOMO was too strong. I applied for a CIU for my Mom tonight supported my me and it went pending... :faint:

I didn't want to apply for another card under her name while it was pending, so I used a support link by a Diser over on Reddit to apply for a Bilt Card for my Dad. Unfortunately, that man has the worst luck with CC as that card application went pending as well... :crazy2:

I then check my Mom's email and voila! Her CIU was approved! Yippee! :woohoo: I immediately sent a SM requesting the card to be expedited and a separate SM asking Chase to please match the currently available SUB of $900 from her current SUB of $750. 🤞🤞

Let's see if Dad gets approved for the Bilt...

What was your view at the Miracosta? I’m wondering if the Venice view is worth it or if we should try the Disneyland hotel instead (assuming we can’t get harbor view)
This was our view, which was pretty cool:
IMG_3218.jpeg
It wasn't the view. The hotel was just ridiculously overpriced for what it offered. The Beauty and the Beast room was so much nicer at the Disneyland hotel.

Alaska biz up to 75k with 4k spend, DoC posted about it with a link.

Got instant approval. Hoping the card gets here before Tux vet appt on the 27th since it's a checkup with shots.

Also going to upgrade our seats on on Sept flights with this card and argue I didn't have a card when I bought the flights if they try and charge me to check bags. They need to offer better trip coverage like the csr if they think I'll put important flights on their cars. Plus it was only taxes and this will be more.
Hmm, I may be interested in this card instead of the Barclays Aviator... but I've never had Alaska miles before. We do fly American a lot, and we may be flying Singapore or Qatas later this year. I see all 3 are partners(?) of Alaska. Can you transfer miles to these programs specifically, or does Alaska show availability for all their partners and you book direct through them? It's a very tempting offer.

Last edited:
This was our view, which was pretty cool:
View attachment 826505
It wasn't the view. The hotel was just ridiculously overpriced for what it offered. The Beauty and the Beast room was so much nicer at the Disneyland hotel.
Thanks for sharing! I showed ds a picture of a grand park view room at the Disneyland hotel and he was super excited about seeing the monorail and castle so I think we’re gonna try to book that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter